Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack back?
Has there been any word on him coming back? This was his 3rd year back and that’s the length of most of these assistant contracts I assumed….So I was HOPING we would move on since the guy has shown ZERO ability to coach up our draft picks and our line has continued to be bad every year, despite a lot of decent talent.

Seriously, how do they think they can sell keeping him to this fanbase? My God how stubborn are they?! It’s so frustrating. They are SO CLOSE to being a yearly top team, yet they just refuse to take the final couple steps that the top teams take. Like keeping a position coach year after year that has cost this team 2 super bowls already.

I hope someone here can tell me they’ve heard something that could give us hope he is gone?
Reply/Quote
Zac said today he expects all the staff back unless they get promotions.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac said today he expects all the staff back unless they get promotions.

If they re-sign him expect a shit OL and running game to continue. Simple as that. I wish the Bengals were as stubborn re-signing their top players. We would still have Bates and be keeping Tee..
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac said today he expects all the staff back unless they get promotions.

Frank Pollack either needs to teach different blocking schemes or be out the door. It’s not just pass protection, either. The run blocking is absolutely abysmal. Joe Mixon had ONE 100 yard rushing game all year and that was yesterday against Cleveland’s second- and third-string cheerleaders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s enough already. He’s gotta go.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: If they re-sign him expect a shit OL and running game to continue. Simple as that. I wish the Bengals were as stubborn re-signing their top players. We would still have Bates and be keeping Tee..

(01-08-2024, 08:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Frank Pollack either needs to teach different blocking schemes or be out the door. It’s not just pass protection, either. The run blocking is absolutely abysmal. Joe Mixon had ONE 100 yard rushing game all year and that was yesterday against Cleveland’s second- and third-string cheerleaders.

Completely agree Pollack needs to go
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This is a good example of where the FO loyalty can hurt the team's performance.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Pollack needs to go.He’s had his chance.Obviously,he’s not qualified.Fire him please.
Reply/Quote
Same Ol Bengals.... kidding somewhat. Still a lot of in-house work to be done.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Great start to the offseason…..

We’ll see how it plays out tho. It’s early.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Can’t think of one player who has become better. Not regressing is a win here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
He will be back
Reply/Quote
He'll be back.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
While I'd have no problem if we got a new OL coach, Duke and Potts might want to listen a little more to Pollack in the draft room. Apparently he was banging the table to draft Creed Humphrey. He also wanted to draft Trey Smith later in the draft. Both guys have been starters in KC since they were drafted.

Our 2021 picks of Carmen, Smith, and Hill combined this season for ONE snap. It was on ST.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: While I'd have no problem if we got a new OL coach, Duke and Potts might want to listen a little more to Pollack in the draft room. Apparently he was banging the table to draft Creed Humphrey. He also wanted to draft Trey Smith later in the draft. Both guys have been starters in KC since they were drafted.

Our 2021 picks of Carmen, Smith, and Hill combined this season for ONE snap. It was on ST.

I heard the same thing. Which goes along with what was being reported as far as Carman being Mike Brown’s guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I heard the same thing. Which goes along with what was being reported as far as Carman being Mike Brown’s guy.

That makes me think of something that former Bengals scout Greg Seamon talked about before the 2023 draft. He mentioned that when the scouts and coaches didn't agree on a player, the player usually flopped or didn't take off like they hoped. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: While I'd have no problem if we got a new OL coach, Duke and Potts might want to listen a little more to Pollack in the draft room. Apparently he was banging the table to draft Creed Humphrey. He also wanted to draft Trey Smith later in the draft. Both guys have been starters in KC since they were drafted.

(01-09-2024, 02:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I heard the same thing. Which goes along with what was being reported as far as Carman being Mike Brown’s guy.

Jim McNally is the OL guy in Cincy. The OL evaluations go through him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Jim McNally is the OL guy in Cincy. The OL evaluations go through him.

Well maybe they shouldn’t…

I see he’s been here since 2012. Which is right around the time we started sucking at drafting OL. Kevin Zeitler is pretty much the only good pick during that timeframe. That’s horrendous.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 03:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well maybe they shouldn’t then…

I see he’s been here since 2012. Which is right around the time we started sucking at drafting OL. Kevin Zeitler is pretty much the only good pick during that timeframe. That’s horrendous.

Clint Boiling too but your point stands.

Don't get it twisted though McNally is an amazing coach. I had a couple opportunities to go to his seminars and met him once. I love his Twitter feed its all football and he teaches from his bathroom. Lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:58 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That makes me think of something that former Bengals scout Greg Seamon talked about before the 2023 draft. He mentioned that when the scouts and coaches didn't agree on a player, the player usually flopped or didn't take off like they hoped. 

Sounds about right. Certainly was the case with John Ross.

Reply/Quote