Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack back?
(01-16-2024, 02:50 PM)Garrus Wrote: Well that was depressing to read lol

I know.  Hilarious

Looking back we should of hired Fraley instead of Pollack and just took Ragnow at 12.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know.  Hilarious

Looking back we should of hired Fraley instead of Pollack and just took Ragnow at 12.

Imagine an OL of.... Orlando Brown/Ted Karras/Frank Ragnow/Alex Cappa/Penei Sewell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 04:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Imagine an OL of.... Orlando Brown/Ted Karras/Frank Ragnow/Alex Cappa/Penei Sewell.

[Image: 5Jcbct6.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, forgot about all that, thanks 007. I thought those were good moves by the Bengals at the time, just shows what I know.

The Bills might just win it all with Josh Allen this year, they looked great last night.

It didnt work out for the Bengals but you can certainly understand what they were trying to do.  They are thinking they could get a solid LT in Glenn while dropping back a few spots and get Ragnow too.  They didnt think Detroit was going to take Ragnow right in front of them when they dropped to #21.  Ultimately it didnt work out too bad because the Bengals did get BJ Hill for Billy Price and Hill did help us get to the Super Bowl.   Although if I had a choice I would rather have Vita Vea over Hill who we could have got at #12.  Vita Vea looked good last night against the Eagles.  Big guy in the middle helped stop the tush push which is very hard to stop. Ragnow would be my 1st choice but there were some good options at #12 but hindsight is 20/20
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 04:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Imagine an OL of.... Orlando Brown/Ted Karras/Frank Ragnow/Alex Cappa/Penei Sewell.

Plus Fraley coaching them, yeah, that would be one hell of an OL...

(01-16-2024, 06:51 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It didnt work out for the Bengals but you can certainly understand what they were trying to do.  They are thinking they could get a solid LT in Glenn while dropping back a few spots and get Ragnow too.  They didnt think Detroit was going to take Ragnow right in front of them when they dropped to #21.  Ultimately it didnt work out too bad because the Bengals did get BJ Hill for Billy Price and Hill did help us get to the Super Bowl.   Although if I had a choice I would rather have Vita Vea over Hill who we could have got at #12.  Vita Vea looked good last night against the Eagles.  Big guy in the middle helped stop the tush push which is very hard to stop.  Ragnow would be my 1st choice but there were some good options at #12 but hindsight is 20/20

All good points and yes Vita Vea would of been a great pick so true. Always liked that guy and stopping the brotherly shove of the Eagles
is nearly impossible with how low Jason Kelce can get and how strong Jalen Hurts is. Never thought the Bucs would beat the Eagles, crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know.  Hilarious

Sadly, the only way this team was taking Ragnow was if they were picking at 20. Any higher, and the Bengals were probably going a different direction.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

You would have to imagine a WR room without Chase. No thanks.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You would have to imagine a WR room without Chase. No thanks.

I wouldn't have to see a QB room with Burrow on IR, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't have to see a QB room with Burrow on IR, though.

I'm as big of a Ja'Marr Chase fan as there is, but it's hard for me to not notice the fact that Detroit managed to land Sewell AND Amon-Ra in the same draft. We sit here and toot our horns about how great we are at drafting WRs... Who knew that Chase, Higgins, and AJ Green could play? Oh yeah... Just draft player X early to replace Tee. As of it'll be that easy.

I get it; TJ came outta nowhere, but we can't gloss over the Jerome Simpsons and John Ross(s) and guys like that. Some of us are getting excited about Iosovis while other teams are landing Nacua and St. Brown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:41 PM)jason Wrote: I'm as big of a Ja'Marr Chase fan as there is, but it's hard for me to not notice the fact that Detroit managed to land Sewell AND Amon-Ra in the same draft. We sit here and toot our horns about how great we are at drafting WRs... Who knew that Chase, Higgins, and AJ Green could play? Oh yeah... Just draft player X early to replace Tee. As of it'll be that easy.

I get it; TJ came outta nowhere, but we can't gloss over the Jerome Simpsons and John Ross(s) and guys like that. Some of us are getting excited about Iosovis while other teams are landing Nacua and St. Brown.

Good points. St. Brown and Nacua were major steals and we have had our failings drafting WR's at times early. But we are even worse at
drafting OL, so that is where I would go in FA.
Reply/Quote