Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack back?
(01-14-2024, 06:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They really couldn’t bring Callahan in from Cleveland unless it was a promotion. Even if Cleveland let him I don’t think they liked the dynamics of Zac now being his former college coach’s boss and also his son being his boss. Certainly he’s a lot better than Pollack.

It was said tongue in cheek.... although they definitely could have brought him in as he was available in 2020.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 06:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It was said tongue in cheek.... although they definitely could have brought him in as he was available in 2020.

You are right he was available. But they didn’t like the dynamics
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 07:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are right he was available. But they didn’t like the dynamics

There you go again speaking like you were in the building.... Im not saying that your theory is wrong in any way, but geez bro.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 07:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There you go again speaking like you were in the building.... Im not saying that your theory is wrong in any way, but geez bro.

It’s not a theory
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 07:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not a theory

Ok, Im sure this was another event in which the Bengals Front Office called on the bat phone to inform you all the way in Oklahoma...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 07:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok, Im sure this was another event in which the Bengals Front Office called on the bat phone to inform you all the way in Oklahoma...

You’re funny but have a nice day.

Reply/Quote
Can Whitworth coach?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 05:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pollack has got to go.

Zac said he expects all coaches back, but what's he supposed to say at this point in the season with no possible replacements known? He can't come out and say that they're looking for replacements, especially since information leaks, and doesn't want to upset the coaching staff or have the players lose faith.

I was a big fan of Pollack's but we gave him upgrades on the line and we were all expecting them to be at least good enough to lead us to the playoffs and they sucked when Burrow was healthy.

I expected the line to be a strength this year and they shit the bed when Burrow was healthy.

We can't sacrifice another year with Burrow in his prime hoping that it's not Pollack's fault.

If you are going to fire someone, you had better have someone in mind to replace Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 06:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They have to know the issues with Pollack.  I truly believe the issue is finding a rock solid replacement.  We prioritized the wrong Callahan a few years ago.
You beat me too it.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know they don't grow on trees but he has been awful.

Well it can’t get worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If you are going to fire someone, you had better have someone in mind to replace Pollack.
Except that it literally can't get much worse. 

Has he ever been a decent coach?

I'd rather take my chances with whoever because we'd be wasting a year of Burrow anyways.
(01-14-2024, 09:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well it can’t get worse.

Same thing I'm thinking, so it's worth the risk to replace him.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 06:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It was said tongue in cheek.... although they definitely could have brought him in as he was available in 2020.

It baffles me that there was some kind of loyalty to Jim Turner of all people. All the beat guys mentioned that Zac and Brian wanted Bill to come in and the feeling was mutual.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 06:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They have to know the issues with Pollack.  I truly believe the issue is finding a rock solid replacement.  We prioritized the wrong Callahan a few years ago.

If I remember right, they also interviewed the Lions current OL coach, Hank Fraley, who's contract had expired in Detroit...but he eventually went back to the Lions after Pollack was hired. He's now considered on of the best in the league. Whatever
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals bring back Pollack and next year we have another subpar year for the offensive line yet again how mad are fans going to be knowing the Bengals ignored the O-line problems another season? What is the excuse going to be next year? Im not even sure what the excuse is this year. We had the same starters with everyone being fairly healthy and they still were not that good even after adding a Pro Bowl left tackle. Something has to change. You cant run the same group of guys out there next year with Pollack as their coach and expect they are just going to magically be much better. Why would anyone expect Pollack to do a better job with these guys next year?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: If I remember right, they also interviewed the Lions current OL coach, Hank Fraley, who's contract had expired in Detroit...but he eventually went back to the Lions after Pollack was hired. He's now considered on of the best in the league.  Whatever

That hurts. The Lions OL is one of the best for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That hurts. The Lions OL is one of the best for sure.

I guess we all know the drill: Draft Sewell, but then there is no Chase. Obviously, the Lions did more to invest in their OL than just one draft pick. I sure would like their OL for the Bengals.

Let's hope Joey B. is standing upright more in '24.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess we all know the drill: Draft Sewell, but then there is no Chase. Obviously, the Lions did more to invest in their OL than just one draft pick. I sure would like their OL for the Bengals.

Let's hope Joey B. is standing upright more in '24.

Yep, the Lions have had some nice moves go right for them. They were due. 

I wanted Fraley and Ragnow, was fine with either Pitts, Sewell or Chase so never going to go back and change that pick. I think all 3 of those 
players have played well and like we thought. Pitts has been used wrong, same with Chase at times which are the only things holding them back.

But looking back I would of hired Fraley instead of Pollack and traded up in front of the Lions to select Ragnow. Hindsight 20/20 stuff lol
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ...But looking back I would of hired Fraley instead of Pollack and traded up in front of the Lions to select Ragnow. Hindsight 20/20 stuff lol

The Bengals were already in front of the Lions.  The Bengals had the #12 pick and Detroit had the #20.   What happened was the Bengals swapped 1st round (and 6th for 5th) picks with Buffalo who had the #21 pick.   I guess the Bengals felt they could drop back a few spots and still get Ragnow but Detroit snatched him right in front of the Bengals.

What did the Bengals get for dropping back and swapping the #12 draft pick with Buffalo's #21?  Cordy Glenn. 

Buffalo ended up taking that #12 pick they got from the Bengals, swapped again with Tampa Bay to get Tampa's #7 pick.   With the #7 pick Buffalo then drafted Josh Allen.  That was some good maneuvering on Buffalo's part to go from #21 to #12 to #7 although they did need to also trade two second round picks too.

Tampa Bay took the #12 pick which initially belonged to the Bengals and drafted Vita Vea in the Bengals original draft spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 10:31 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals were already in front of the Lions.  The Bengals had the #12 pick and Detroit had the #20.   What happened was the Bengals swapped 1st round (and 6th for 5th) picks with Buffalo who had the #21 pick.   I guess the Bengals felt they could drop back a few spots and still get Ragnow but Detroit snatched him right in front of the Bengals.

What did the Bengals get for dropping back and swapping the #12 draft pick with Buffalo's #21?  Cordy Glenn. 

Buffalo ended up taking that #12 pick they got from the Bengals, swapped again with Tampa Bay to get Tampa's #7 pick.   With the #7 pick Buffalo then drafted Josh Allen.  That was some good maneuvering on Buffalo's part to go from #21 to #12 to #7 although they did need to also trade two second round picks too.

Tampa Bay took the #12 pick which initially belonged to the Bengals and drafted Vita Vea in the Bengals original draft spot.

Oh yeah, forgot about all that, thanks 007. I thought those were good moves by the Bengals at the time, just shows what I know.

The Bills might just win it all with Josh Allen this year, they looked great last night.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 10:31 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals were already in front of the Lions.  The Bengals had the #12 pick and Detroit had the #20.   What happened was the Bengals swapped 1st round (and 6th for 5th) picks with Buffalo who had the #21 pick.   I guess the Bengals felt they could drop back a few spots and still get Ragnow but Detroit snatched him right in front of the Bengals.

Well that was depressing to read lol
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote