Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fraudulent Voter arrested
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2016/10/28/voter-fraud-suspect-arrested-des-moines/92892042/

Take from this whatever you like, but I find it most interesting when you hear the reasoning behind why she did it. Basically, she fully believes that the election is rigged against her choice so she felt compelled to cheat in order to set things straight. Wacky.

Comments?

Oh, and here is more. I didn't give this one much of a glance, but here it is for discussion.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2016/10/27/3-suspected-voter-fraud-polk-county/92826426/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Had a friend post a link to Colorado finding 12 or 14 cases in the last couple years.

Of the parties listed it was equal parts democrat and republican and unaffiliated. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-29-2016, 12:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Had a friend post a link to Colorado finding 12 or 14 cases in the last couple years.

Of the parties listed it was equal parts democrat and republican and unaffiliated. 

I'm not looking to blame one party or the other, I just think this is clearly a case of influential people getting the masses all riled up and then pulling the whole "Woah, I may be fit to run the free world but I didn't convince anyone to do anything!" mantra to distance themselves from the criminal activity.

A section of the populace is convinced the fate of the universe rests in their candidate winning this election and we are surprised people are committing voter fraud and vandalizing things.  This is what happens when you use "my opponent is evil and must be stopped" propaganda to further your cause...idiots start shooting people/rioting/blowing stuff up and so on.
(10-29-2016, 01:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not looking to blame one party or the other, I just think this is clearly a case of influential people getting the masses all riled up and then pulling the whole "Woah, I may be fit to run the free world but I didn't convince anyone to do anything!" mantra to distance themselves from the criminal activity.

A section of the populace is convinced the fate of the universe rests in their candidate winning this election and we are surprised people are committing voter fraud and vandalizing things.  This is what happens when you use "my opponent is evil and must be stopped" propaganda to further your cause...idiots start shooting people/rioting/blowing stuff up and so on.

I've had several people tell me the results will be "God's will".  I am ready to go back and ask them if they accept the results after the election or if they will doubt "God's will".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-29-2016, 01:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've had several people tell me the results will be "God's will".  I am ready to go back and ask them if they accept the results after the election or if they will doubt "God's will".

I'm not mr. organized religion, but I have to say that crediting God with putting either Hillary or Trump in office strikes me as blasphemy of the highest order.
(10-29-2016, 01:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've had several people tell me the results will be "God's will".  I am ready to go back and ask them if they accept the results after the election or if they will doubt "God's will".
that's been part of the confusion for me among some trump supporters. It goes "God wants you to elect a horrible guy to fulfill His will." Because, apparently, a horrible woman can't do the job? A horrible third party candidate?
Does trump want the votes of people with this level of attractiveness? Let alone 2 votes?
Voting twice for Trump is doubly stupid....and illegal.
--------------------------------------------------------

(10-29-2016, 07:59 PM)Benton Wrote: that's been part of the confusion for me among some trump supporters. It goes "God wants you to elect a horrible guy to fulfill His will." Because, apparently, a horrible woman can't do the job? A horrible third party candidate?

The whole God-works-through-flawed-instruments line is just a rationalization to square the obviously anti-fundamentalist character of Trump's behavior with the desire to vote against progressive policies.

On the other hand, if Trump wins, I would consider the argument that God is punishing his people with a bad ruler, as he often did before past progressives brought liberal democracy into the world.
(10-29-2016, 08:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Voting twice for Trump is doubly stupid....and illegal.

Both of her votes were probably changed to Hillary,anyways. Rigged is rigged, after all!
(10-30-2016, 10:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Both of her votes were probably changed to Hillary,anyways. Rigged is rigged, after all!

LOL
(10-29-2016, 07:59 PM)Benton Wrote: that's been part of the confusion for me among some trump supporters. It goes "God wants you to elect a horrible guy to fulfill His will." Because, apparently, a horrible woman can't do the job? A horrible third party candidate?

Well evidently God can take justices off the Supreme Court, but he can't put them on. That is why he has chosen Trump to work his will.

Why not Cruz or other favorites, you might ask?  His divine will has them employed with other tasks at the moment. Trump was the only guy with an open calendar this year.