Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson Getting The Start
Fred played pretty well. I know his guy got a sack early in the game, but I didn’t see Free getting beat very often.
Reply/Quote
He's decent depth @ RT.. Probably not real starter material, but you never really know. The light might just click on and he'll run with it. It's the type of position that once a player gets established they tend to stick over time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mad props to Big Fred. He held down the RT spot and for the most part kept Burrow clean.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mad props to Big Fred. He held down the RT spot and for the most part kept Burrow clean.

Props for sure and it's good to see when a player has an opportunity and he takes advantage of it. I'm more partial to Bengals players taking advantage of their opportunities than the other team's players.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Props for sure and it's good to see when a player has an opportunity and he takes advantage of it. I'm more partial to Bengals players taking advantage of their opportunities than the other team's players.  Hilarious

I'm partial to Fred simply because the Stealers tried to put him on their practice squad and we swiped him..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If only Perine would have cut back to the right side. Big Fred and Carman decided that rusher wasn’t allowed on the field anymore. :lol:

Reply/Quote
Fred did a good job overall but his issue has been being inconsistent, have another decent game against Baltimore and it make me feel a bit better..
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Fred did a good job overall but his issue has been being inconsistent, have another decent game against Baltimore and it make me feel a bit better..

Fred usually does well at Tackle. He is a horrible guard, and that's what people tend to remember. He is just not a guard, he is too tall and can't get low enough. At tackle he uses his size as an asset.
Reply/Quote
I don't know the PFF numbers or anything like that, but I think Fred played great. I'm curious to see what they do at RT assuming Prince is healthy this coming week.

I kind of hope they let Fred keep the job for the Ravens game. You can always sub Prince in if he struggles, but I think Fred earned a second start.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I know on one of them JB just gave himself up. I was like WTF at first and them I was like I get it

I had the same reaction. I threw my hands up and said "throw the ball away!" and then, with my hands still in the air, I thought about it for a second...and realized I was being a dummy. The clock running is more important than 2 yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mad props to Big Fred. He held down the RT spot and for the most part kept Burrow clean.

Absolutely...he was way better at T last yr then at G. Honestly, the guy looks just as good as Reif out there and he is younger
Reply/Quote

didn't lose the offense any ground either by getting called for  holding or false starts (same with Carman)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:31 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I had the same reaction. I threw my hands up and said "throw the ball away!" and then, with my hands still in the air, I thought about it for a second...and realized I was being a dummy. The clock running is more important than 2 yards.

I remember him getting roasted for that in the GD thread. A few seconds after the play I realized that it was a pretty solid choice. Pretty heads up decision.
Reply/Quote
Didn't hear his name during the game, so that means he did well. Good job.
Reply/Quote
Fred had the team's 2nd highest PFF score with an 82.8

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wanted to see Smith get the start. I was wrong. Good on Pollack and Taylor for rolling with big Fred.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote: Fred had the team's 2nd highest PFF score with an 82.8

Love seeing that. He earned another start.
Reply/Quote
He played well and brought back my optimism which I lost after the Reiff news. Hope Adeniji is alright.

Liked how Carman played for the most part, this is honestly where it starts and ends for us. We need our backups
to play well on the OL for us to win the Division and hopefully a Playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wanted to see Smith get the start. I was wrong. Good on Pollack and Taylor for rolling with big Fred.

Same. They knew better than I evidently.
Reply/Quote
5 & 1 when Fred starts.
Reply/Quote