Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fredtoast 2016 midseason prediction.
(11-14-2016, 09:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: Fred wakes up after a stupor only to realize he used the wrong profile to post this thread...then grabs the bottle to finish it off and pass out forgetting this entire thread till tomorrow...

Seems like it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
After watching this pathetic piece of crap O-Line - 3-12-1 is my Prediction
Reply/Quote
Why do we suck so much ass?

Are we into Bengal 90s crapdom?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 05:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I may have misunderstood.  I was clarifying that you can block them from interviewing for a coordinator position, but not a head coach.

ThumbsUp

I wish someone would block Mike and Marv from ever setting foot in PBS, ever again. 

I'm seriously so fed up with those pieces of shit that i don't care if they never win another game. 

Neither one of them deserve the position they're in. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:53 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Why do we suck so much ass?

Are we into Bengal 90s crapdom?

Refusal to get rid of SHITTY coaches. Namely Paul Alexander. this Turd has been stuck in the Brown hole for way too long

Refusal to do ANYTHING like benching people to make them accountable

Refusal to take any real risks during game.  Play it safe = Play to lose
Reply/Quote
M
(11-14-2016, 04:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was a darling with the FO before he left and is widely respected around the league. He is an up and comer for sure. 

If Joseph, or whoever replaces Marvin, isn't allowed to pick their ENTIRE staff, then we're still pissing into the wind.  Mike needs to turn the team over to Katie and Troy and commence to antique hunting, used tire kicking for the Lumina, and using his Golden Buckeye card to wring maximum concessions from Denny's.  
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:53 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Why do we suck so much ass?

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At least Nugent didn't miss. Some were close though...
Reply/Quote
As much as it pains me and probably everyone else I think the position coach hirings this past season were the worse position coach hirings of the past 10 seasons. It seems that every single position group just went to hell. Marvin however picked these guys so it has to be on Marvin and time to move on. 

I, like a few others have defended Marvin in the past, but these hirings were absolutely terrible and the record reflects it. 
Will Mikey part ways with him or stick to his mantra of loyalty regardless of the record? I have a bad feeling he probably will stick with him. 
In any case I'm to the point where I don't really care one way or another. I'm rapidly losing interest in the NFL. I lost interest in the 90s and kind of feel the same thing happening again. The whole thing feels rigged to me where there just doesn't seem to be any fundamental fairness to any of it. Refs seem all biased, Goodel is a total clown and team owners are just a bunch of filthy rich dudes selling us on this idea that 'our teams' actually represent us as citizens of our respective cities or regions when in fact they do not and never really have.  Sounds a lot like congress doesn't it?
Anyway , I'll still read up on the team ,but I'm nowhere near as passionate about them as I once was . i don't even feel upset when they lose and don't feel all giddy when they win. It almost feels like when I look in the fridge, see a lot of food and nothing in it makes me hungry.  Anymore I get more excited by a new woodworking video on YouTube.. Now THAT'S thrilling.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:14 AM)JumboTron Wrote: At least Nugent didn't miss.  Some were close though...

Even though he made them all tonight. 

How many people are like me a break out in a cold sweat and hold my breath until the ball squeaks through the uprights ? 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Even though he made them all tonight. 

How many people are like me a break out in a cold sweat and hold my breath until the ball squeaks through the uprights ? 

I've gone from holding my breath, to leaving the room when he comes on to just now expecting he's going to miss, and every once in-awhile being pleasantly surprised.
Reply/Quote
I guess Vance would be an ok candidate, but I'm definitely not sold on him and believe there will be better candidates available.

But as for Marvin resigning...I'll believe it when I see it.

As for this season, I'll just root for players to break records as we clearly are headed for a good draft pick. Dalton and Green are on pace to break franchise yardage records.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. The positional coach hirings this off season are simply not panning out at all. The defensive line isn't generating pressure, the cornerbacks look lost, the linebackers are missing tackles, and as a whole there doesn't seem to be an ounce of discipline.

Just shit coaching all around.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:56 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: M
If Joseph, or whoever replaces Marvin, isn't allowed to pick their ENTIRE staff, then we're still pissing into the wind.  Mike needs to turn the team over to Katie and Troy and commence to antique hunting, used tire kicking for the Lumina, and using his Golden Buckeye card to wring maximum concessions from Denny's.  

This gave me a much needed laugh after yet another dissapointing game. Thank you. 

Reply/Quote
Lol I couldnt believe this was Fred till he said marvin doesn't suck lol
Reply/Quote
All very realistic until you got to the part about Marv resigning.

Just curious, would you allow Vance to bring in his own staff? I still wonder if there is a way to get Hue back. I know the Browns aren't giving up on him, but would he leave them? I don't think Hue would allow for the lackadaisical attitude on either side of the ball. And Hue's offense is predicated on a lot of TE formations. I think that could be an immediate band aid for the offensive line that sucks rhinoceros balls.

I know, it won't likely happen, but I can sure dream.
Reply/Quote