Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency Day One
(03-13-2023, 09:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: What?

It's just being factual. We do need a RT, the team itself has expressed a need to bolster the pass rush and it was pretty obvious last season we need an injection of youth in the backfield and also to move out backs that cannot pass protect. As needs lists goes it isn't that bad. 

They might roll with Carman and Collins.

Calais Campbell would be cool to add on a short deal.
Reply/Quote
I’m just going to be honest we need in FA and the draft:

2x TE
SS
2x RB
2x CB
RT
DE
P

It’s an awful lot of holes for a team who doesn’t like to give out guaranteed cash and picking late in the draft.

However we have the best set of weapons in the league, a magician of a defensive coordinator and a head coach who has brought everybody together.

By the time the first game of the season comes around I suspect we will be more than happy with the team we will be putting out there, no need to panic.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’m just going to be honest we need in FA and the draft:

2x TE
SS
2x RB
2x CB
RT
DE
P

It’s an awful lot of holes for a team who doesn’t like to give out guaranteed cash and picking late in the draft.

However we have the best set of weapons in the league, a magician of a defensive coordinator and a head coach who has brought everybody together.

By the time the first game of the season comes around I suspect we will be more than happy with the team we will be putting out there, no need to panic.

We won't address half of those.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: What?

It's just being factual. We do need a RT, the team itself has expressed a need to bolster the pass rush and it was pretty obvious last season we need an injection of youth in the backfield and also to move out backs that cannot pass protect. As needs lists goes it isn't that bad. 

And we are going to fill all this in the draft? It’s not coming from FA. So your plan is to draft who to fix all this?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Okoronkwo at DE also.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Okoronkwo at DE also.

He agreed with the Browns
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They might roll with Carman and Collins.

Calais Campbell would be cool to add on a short deal.

Campbell was available last year and we didnt sign him.  He will be 37 when the season starts so I doubt we would sign him this year either.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:58 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Oh shoot, I thought the Bengals had to resign Logan Wilson! He has one more year on his rookie contract!
This is a huge win in my book!

As long as we can re-sign Perine and add some quality depth to safety, corner and oline, I'm pretty happy.

Now if we lose out on Clark Harris, then I'll freak out!

(03-13-2023, 09:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm ok losing Harris if we can sign a cheaper player with eccentric facial hair. But, those types of players are in demand.

AFAIK dude is retiring. Last I read there is a "competition" for his position and he doesn't want to end his career off an injury but I think he's done.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We won't address half of those.

They don’t really have a choice, they’re maybe hoping Ossai takes another step but with the sacks so badly down last year they really need another pass rusher.

As it stands we have no tight ends, Evans as RB1,Chido coming off an injury, two basically rookies as our safeties and an idiot who wouldn’t get a game in the under 9 years old rugby league as a punter.

While I’m at it a wr4 and a kick returner who didn’t look like he was running through cement would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Okoronkwo at DE also.

he signed 3 years and 19 million with the browns.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s an awful lot of holes for a team who doesn’t like to give out guaranteed cash and picking late in the draft.

Something is going to have to break if we plan on picking no higher than 28 for the next decade or so.  Sure, KC was doing a lot of overpaying today, but the Mahommes era has yielded first round picks at 32, 21, 30 and 31.  You have to bring guys in somehow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All in all, I give it one star. I do not recommend. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’m just going to be honest we need in FA and the draft:

2x TE
SS
2x RB
2x CB
RT
DE
P

I think that is a good list. I'd add WR depth and IOL depth as well. 

Starter level needs: TE, SS, P. 

Hurst, someone in FA, and a late pick or UFA should fix these 3. 

Depth/Injury needs: RT, CB. 

I'd feel fine if Collins & Chido were healthy. I bet we address OT in the draft and one of Apple/Flowers will be signed before the draft. 

Depth: IOL, RB, TE. 

We literally on have 2 OGs on the roster. 1 TE. 2 RBs. Perine, Scharping, T. Williams, Sample, & Wilcox are familiar faces that coukd return. 

Depth upgrades: WR, DE, DT. 

We have bodies, but upgrading Morgan/Irwin, Gunter, or Tupou/Tufele/Carter would help. Taylor is a FA. 
Reply/Quote

2x TE
SS
2x RB
2x CB
RT
DE
P

As the roster sets right now, it's not as bad as you make it sound:

2x TE - absolutely.  We really have only 1
FS - I think Hill takes over Bell's spot, but either way we need 1
1 RB - we still have Mixon and the other guys on the roster.
1 CB - we did re-sign Davis
RT - IS a major need
DE - Not sure why this is such a pressing need with Trey, Hubbard and Ossai.
P - likely a 6th or 7th round pick

I'll add the one that I think is our 3rd biggest need right now - Interior pass rusher.  We really need a guy there.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 11:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: As the roster sets right now, it's not as bad as you make it sound:

2x TE - absolutely.  We really have only 1
FS - I think Hill takes over Bell's spot, but either way we need 1
1 RB - we still have Mixon and the other guys on the roster.
1 CB - we did re-sign Davis
RT - IS a major need
DE - Not sure why this is such a pressing need with Trey, Hubbard and Ossai.
P - likely a 6th or 7th round pick

I'll add the one that I think is our 3rd biggest need right now - Interior pass rusher.  We really need a guy there.
 A guy like Karl Brooks or Kobie Turner in the draft could help us with the IDL pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:40 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: They don’t really have a choice, they’re maybe hoping Ossai takes another step but with the sacks so badly down last year they really need another pass rusher.

As it stands we have no tight ends, Evans as RB1,Chido coming off an injury, two basically rookies as our safeties and an idiot who wouldn’t get a game in the under 9 years old rugby league as a punter.

While I’m at it a wr4 and a kick returner who didn’t look like he was running through cement would be nice.

Why is Evans RB1 today?

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:54 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've never really liked the one big splash free agent signings and I'm glad the Bengals stay away from those. But looking around the league so many teams use 
the salary restructuring to push the cap to the max. I really think the Bengals need to start doing this. It's still early but I'm worried about letting two veteran safeties who know the system walk out the door. The defense might be the biggest factor of our recent success and the secondary was a very big part of that defense. 

Who would the Bengals restructure besides Mixon?

Teams restructure massive, bloated contracts that hinder the salary cap.  We dont really have these.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 11:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Who would the Bengals restructure besides Mixon?

Teams restructure massive, bloated contracts that hinder the salary cap.  We dont really have these.

Not many and it wouldn’t raise a bunch. Hendrickson is about the only one that’s really valid.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 11:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why is Evans RB1 today?

Because I’ve about as much chance as Mixon as being the starting RB by the time the season starts and the only thing I run for is last orders at the bar.

I love Mixon until last season he was great to watch and boils the piss of opposition fans but he can’t pass protect, production wise he wasn’t great last season and unless he’s willing to take a big pay cut there is better available.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not sure why everyone is freaking out about Safety. Sure, we would all like to keep Bell, but everyone pretty much knew Bates was gone. So we have Dax Hill at Free Safety. I would love to have Bell, but face it, if he wanted a 2 or 3 year deal, he's pushing 30. We are going to sign a younger version. I am not worried in the least, we have the Mad Scientist.

Well, that mad scientist said it 'would be a dark day' if they lost both Bell and Bates. Hopefully, the Bengals have a brighter day in store for him at some point this week. 
Reply/Quote