Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency expectations?
(03-17-2020, 04:01 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Do you guys picture our front office burning the midnight oil during the pandemic to get a leg up on the competition for NFL free agency? Naw, me neither.

I'd love to sit in a room and watch an NFL GM perform their craft.  Then, I'd like to watch the Bengals brass perform the same work and just compare what I suspect are many differences.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So to recap they missed out on offensive line help and all the best linebackers. They’ll probably have a crazy asking price for Dalton and teams will move on. I don’t trust them to do anything right. Best we can hope for is trading for Gabe Jackson with the Dalton pick and signing Derek Wolf ? Hopefully fans will continue to stop buying tickets.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So to recap they missed out on offensive line help and all the best linebackers. They’ll probably have a crazy asking price for Dalton and teams will move on. I don’t trust them to do anything right. Best we can hope for is trading for Gabe Jackson with the Dalton pick and signing Derek Wolf ? Hopefully fans will continue to stop buying tickets.

Sorry times. Burrow needs help, he cannot do everything on his own.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry times. Burrow needs help, he cannot do everything on his own.

At this point it's only a matter of time someone in his camp convinces him to force his way out of Cincy. Bengals should consider trading the pick at this point.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So to recap they missed out on offensive line help and all the best linebackers. They’ll probably have a crazy asking price for Dalton and teams will move on. I don’t trust them to do anything right. Best we can hope for is trading for Gabe Jackson with the Dalton pick and signing Derek Wolf ? Hopefully fans will continue to stop buying tickets.

I wonder if Burrow will bring back a ton of fans who buy tickets and therefore affirm to Brown that's he's handled business the right way?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:36 PM)J24 Wrote: At this point it's only a matter of time someone in his camp convinces him to force his way out of Cincy. Bengals should consider trading the pick at this point.

Burrow is the only shot at this team turning around. They better do something or what you say is possible.

Never thought the FO was this stupid to not even try and reassure him after all the Stooler media talking heads saying what they
said about Burrow pulling and Eli. Thought it was stupid before especially with Burrow saying he would play for whoever pays him
to play football but it is now a possibility in my mind now. Idiots.
Reply/Quote

Unfortunately, ticket sales really mean little anymore in terms of affecting team's bottom lines. With revenue sharing and the HUGE TV contracts that lines the pockets of NFL owners, an organization can make money hand over fist even with half empty stadiums.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow is the only shot at this team turning around. They better do something or what you say is possible.

Never thought the FO was this stupid to not even try and reassure him after all the Stooler media talking heads saying what they
said about Burrow pulling and Eli. Thought it was stupid before especially with Burrow saying he would play for whoever pays him
to play football but it is now a possibility in my mind now. Idiots.

(03-17-2020, 04:47 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Unfortunately, ticket sales really mean little anymore in terms of affecting team's bottom lines. With revenue sharing and the HUGE TV contracts that lines the pockets of NFL owners, an organization can make money hand over fist even with half empty stadiums.

Just mentioned it because Tobin was crying about losing fans and tickets during the combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:01 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Do you guys picture our front office burning the midnight oil during the pandemic to get a leg up on the competition for NFL free agency? Naw, me neither.

Mike Brown having "the help" draw him a Purell bath I presume is first priority.

[Image: th?id=OIP.7o3yHIxXF-LgZ0s6xPjw_QHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 12:48 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Having said that, I know I should know better, but I have hope that we do something shocking in FA this season. Mikey Boy has to know that he's about to lose his fanbase. He has to have a strong FA AND and a strong draft (ie: draft Joe Burrow) in order to prevent a mass exodus in 2021 or 22.

OK, no LBs, but not bad so far. Now, Trade Dalton!!! 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even I was a squealing Fred lol

Even I said they would not make waves with big day one signings.  But I wasn't crying about it.
Reply/Quote
3 , I repeat 3 Big Time FA contracts prior to day one of official signing. Yes, Green was predicted but who really thought we would have 3 already.

Please for once praise the FO, these guys may not work out, but the money is being spent and risks taken.

Well done FO  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same people, same posts, same debates, just a different year... Don't ever change Jungle Noise!

I just wanted to refresh this post.  Not because I want to point any negative attention towards Wes Mantooth, because I think that he's an upstanding board member with a great sense of humor.

No, I refresh this post to point out that no matter what the Bengals do, it will never be enough, for many fans.  In the opening two days of free agency, they have now signed 3 top shelf players, 2 of them among the highest valued at their positions in the NFL.

This isn't a day to pick on each other for having different points of view about the Bengals, nope, this is a day to celebrate that change might actually be happening in the way the Bengals do business.

So, No more of the same old song and dance..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 3 , I repeat 3 Big Time FA contracts prior to day one of official signing. Yes, Green was predicted but who really thought we would have 3 already.

Please for once praise the FO, these guys may not work out, but the money is being spent and risks taken.

Well done FO  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp

Green was eligible for the Franchise tag and has been a Bengal his whole career. A good move to use the tag but not exactly a marquee FA from another team. Reader and Waynes were good signings. Still huge holes at O line and LB to fill. Not a bad day all in all, but work left to do.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:58 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Schobert now gone. 5 years/53 MIL to the Jags.

The problem with this organization is they REFUSE to outbid teams for players. Never have, never will. I'm sure they have contacted some of these guys that have gone off the board, but they just won't be aggressive in bidding for their services. Nothing new...the beat goes on.

This post didn’t age well...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This post didn’t age well...

LOL, I'll gladly eat some crow. 
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! To all you climate change deniers here is your proof it is real. Satan is pissin’ ice cubes because Hell has frozen over.

It’s almost as if all the poor mouthing from Hobson over the years was all BS and they really can afford to spend money during free agency.
Reply/Quote
Some of y'all should stop posting....
Reply/Quote
Definitely didnt take the approach I was thinking, but it makes sense to me they would rather pay a NT/DT that kind of money over a LB like Joe Scho. DT is a higher valued position overall. A lot of GMs especially old school guys would rather put the bigger money on the DL. Honestly he grades higher than Schobert anyway and doesnt have any weak areas like Scho and Littleton both do with the run. Honestly, I wanted either LB, but DJ Reader is a better long term investment for that kind of cash especially for the worst run D in the league.

This puts LB a top priority heading into the draft. Unless we package Dalton and Kirkpatrick for Roquan Smith lol.
Reply/Quote
Does the signing of defensive free agents signal the draft is about Burrow and other offensive talent to assist him?
Reply/Quote