Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency expectations?
My free agency expecations for the Cincinnati Bengals are unfortunately very low. I've seen too much empirical evidence over the decades to feel otherwise. My fear is the "just draft Joe Burrow and hope he 'elevates' everyone's game" strategy was in the works all along.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same people, same posts, same debates, just a different year... Don't ever change Jungle Noise!

Some guys change their names.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My free agency expecations for the Cincinnati Bengals are unfortunately very low.  I've seen too much empirical evidence over the decades to feel otherwise.  My fear is the "just draft Joe Burrow and hope he 'elevates' everyone's game" strategy was in the works all along.

They're not making any waves yet huh ?

I'm trying hard to hold out hope
Reply/Quote
Good article on FA approach.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/gallery/which-nfl-teams-have-actually-won-free-agency
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
[Image: charliebrownfootballlll.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I think we are about inline with where I expected us to be at this point. In my mind the Dalton thing is a hang up keeping us from moving forward with signings, but I don't think a lot of the guys off the board right now were ever in play. It is interesting that Schobert and Littleton are kind of the last two major LB's on the board as I had expected them first off so something tells me they are asking for more then the market values them (could be a good thing for us).

I still believe a combination of Schobert or Littelton, Logan Ryan, and a mid tier OL player like Bulaga is a strong possibility. You start getting in trouble when Littleton and Schobert come off the board, so it may require an overpay on one to address an issue that the staff as admitted is a legit issue.

Littleton to Raiders $36M/3 yrs. Actually less than I thought he would get.
Reply/Quote
Everybody relax ! We’re fine Booby Hart wasn’t as horrific as he was last season , Michael Jordan went from horrific to less horrific as the season went on we call that progress, Fred Johnson is a hidden undrafted jem ! Maybe Williams can play LT ! Pratt could develop! Vigil is actually a very good linebacker , the new defensive scheme will change the whole defense , and we have no cap space. And we resigned Alex Redmond ! Relax were fine
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Littleton to Raiders $36M/3 yrs. Actually less than I thought he would get.

I figured around 12 there but I wonder if the guarantees were higher than they wanted to pay.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: I figured around 12 there but I wonder if the guarantees were higher than they wanted to pay.

22 million guaranteed
Reply/Quote
Same as it ever was.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't like this tampering stuff, sure looks like it took us out before FA even started.

McGovern and Kennard would be alright I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like this tampering stuff, sure looks like it took us out before FA even started.

McGovern and Kennard would be alright I guess.

Why don't we tamper?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why don't we tamper?

That is what I am wondering?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same as it ever was.......

This is how the Mike Brown do.

Other owners, go out to improve their team,

The Mike Brown sit in a chair and nap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Schobert now gone. 5 years/53 MIL to the Jags.

The problem with this organization is they REFUSE to outbid teams for players. Never have, never will. I'm sure they have contacted some of these guys that have gone off the board, but they just won't be aggressive in bidding for their services. Nothing new...the beat goes on.
Reply/Quote
Do you guys picture our front office burning the midnight oil during the pandemic to get a leg up on the competition for NFL free agency? Naw, me neither.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We've heard some talk recently that the Bengals might be more active in free agency this year, and in the latest Hobspn's choice, Hob's had this to say concerning free agency:

'I think the Bengals are readying to duel. Too many lights on too late in the night at PBS for me to think otherwise.'

'My sense is they're looking to acquire more new blood via free agency.'

So, what are you expecting? Is this the year that the Bengals actually sign a upper tier player? Do they sign some mid level guys to shore up the roster? Or, will we just see more Webb and Wynn type signings?

I have zero expectations. this team is going to do what it always does. Your not gonna get anything different this year with their approach. Besides after tagging AJ and tendering 4 restricted players on our team they dont have much to play with till Dalton is gone. 
Reply/Quote
At this point you are probably looking at a Josh Bynes or a DeVondre Campbell. I'd guess Vigil is back because at this point they just need linebackers on the roster and you aren't drafting 3 of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:58 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Schobert now gone. 5 years/53 MIL to the Jags.

The problem with this organization is they REFUSE to outbid teams for players. Never have, never will. I'm sure they have contacted some of these guys that have gone off the board, but they just won't be aggressive in bidding for their services. Nothing new...the beat goes on.

Yes, it was reported by Jeremy Fowler of ESPN that this is who the Bengals wanted and they were trying aggressively to get him, but they wouldn't match the Jaguars offer.

So Joe chose the Jaguars.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:12 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Yes, it was reported by Jeremy Fowler of ESPN that this is who the Bengals wanted and they were trying aggressively to get him, but they wouldn't match the Jaguars offer.

So Joe chose the Jaguars.

Yep, knew they were targeting Schobert, and it played out exactly as I expected.
Reply/Quote