Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Jon Gruden..come to Cincinnati!
The best thing that could happen to this team, with the Brown's still owning it would be, when Katie takes over, she is able to see how things have gone (publicly) with her father--with him being an integral part of the drafting, free agency, etc--and decide that she is going to hire a "GM", "Director or football operations" or whatever title you want to give it, and allow them to search for a new HC (since Marv has retired by this point) and say "i'm going to be in the background. no input on drafting and signing players (FA) and you--the football guy--are going to sink or swim on your own merit", without the 15 year plan in place. I certainly don't want them to become the Browns or Redskins of the past, but hire someone and let them do things their way (with some limitations of course--they're not going to get carte blanche on spending money). 

That way, she and the family are still involved but the perception and reality is, it should be done in a way that brings them into the 21st Century way of thinking, when building a team to contend for a championship. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We need Gruden NOW!..we cannot hire someone in house. These players need a new face or else we will not be able to change our attitude. We cannot hire in house. The team is lacking motivation because of the coaches.
Reply/Quote
I SAY HELL no...
BEST CHOICE IMO,
Josh McDanields
Pats OC

seems our #1 problem is always a weak offence....
go w/ an Offensive minded guy....
Reply/Quote
With Harbaugh struggling at Michigan its worth a shot. He turned the 49ers around instantly he would do same for Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:14 PM)Steve Wrote: I SAY HELL no...
BEST CHOICE IMO,
Josh McDanields
Pats OC

seems our #1 problem is always a weak offence....
go w/ an Offensive minded guy....

Dont think it ever happens.  I think hes next up on the Pats list for HC.
Reply/Quote
Was Chucky that good of a coach though?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: With Harbaugh struggling at Michigan its worth a shot. He turned the 49ers around instantly he would do same for Bengals.

Ending up with one of the best rosters of the last decade probably helped that SF turnaround

They had Crabtree, a still all pro Vernon Davis, a monster defense even had a solid kicker
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:35 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Was Chucky that good of a coach though?

Good enough to win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:45 AM)Housh Wrote: Ending up with one of the best rosters of the last decade probably helped that SF turnaround

They had Crabtree, a still all pro Vernon Davis, a monster defense even had a solid kicker

We have AJ ,Geno, Carlos we are not lacking in talent except offensive line. What we are lacking is coaching and putting players in position to succeed more frequently. We have a coach that concedes down 16 with 6 minutes to play. We wont even go for it down 10 4th and 3 on opponents 45
Reply/Quote