Eli Manning (if he dont retire)
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Free Agent QB instead?
(11-26-2019, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but after benching the dude I doubt he will want another season here without a new deal or drastic changes to coaching and personel

offseason should be interesting but sadly probly for all the wrong reasons

This is a team that refused to trade Cordy Glenn after that issue...

Who thought he'd ever play here again.

You can't really use logic to determine what they'll do.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This isn't a franchise that's going to resurrect a QB that's a busts career.

Heck, we could probably bring Brady in and destroy his career.

Can you imagine going from Kraft and Belichick to Mike Brown and Zac Taylor?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you imagine going from Kraft and Belichick to Mike Brown and Zac Taylor?

An interesting thing I want to point out is that so the Rams offense has a QB with a big arm.

We are attempting to duplicate what they do here...yet we draft a weak armed QB in Finley.

Just another display of cluelessness.
Reply/Quote
None. If the Bengals are going with QB in the draft, I don't want them wasting money on another QB, that money that could and should be spent on building up the OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
none of them...
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: None. If the Bengals are going with QB in the draft, I don't want them wasting money on another QB, that money that could and should be spent on building up the OL.

...and the defense. The Bengals haven’t drafted a decent linebacker since Rey Maualuga. Remember, Vontaze Burfict was undrafted.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and the defense.  The Bengals haven’t drafted a decent linebacker since Rey Maualuga.  Remember, Vontaze Burfict was undrafted.

They can make moves on draft day, and get back into the 1st round.  That 1st pick in the 2nd is a nice bargaining chip, obviously paired with something else, to get back up in the 1st to get a star LB.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and the defense.  The Bengals haven’t drafted a decent linebacker since Rey Maualuga.  Remember, Vontaze Burfict was undrafted.

It's funny how bad things have gotten when drafting Rey Maualuga is viewed as a success. (He was a pretty 1 dimensional LB, but the guys after him have generally been MUCH MUCH worse.)
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They can make moves on draft day, and get back into the 1st round.  That 1st pick in the 2nd is a nice bargaining chip, obviously paired with something else, to get back up in the 1st to get a star LB.

Yes - Or they will draft a blocking TE and wait until the 3rd and 4th Round to address LB and Offensive Line.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - Or they will draft a blocking TE and wait until the 3rd and 4th Round to address LB and Offensive Line.

Yep, we all know what they did.  Right now, we're all stating what they could/should do going forward.  (of course, we do this every year, and the team always seems to find a way to screw up our best laid plans)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sometimes a change of scenery is all that is needed. Look at Teddy look at Ryan. Sure small sample size but still. I predict Andy would also look rejuvenated on another team. With that said i pick Marcus.

Reply/Quote
I would have gone Cam Newton if he was on there. I don't like the guy, personally, but I think he is a rare talent and, if motivated, could be special again.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:17 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We have a decision to make, Andy Dalton isn't the guy that is why he got benched. Finley has the weakest arm in the world and he got benched he's not the guy. After looking at Burrows, Herbert, and Tua I feel like Tua has the biggest upside. He suffered a major injury that could effect his career though. We're looking at the #1 overall pick in the draft and I do not think that any of those guys are worthy of the very 1st pick of the draft. None of those guys are Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, or Tom Brady. I feel like we need to pick up a free agent guy with some expierence. Who has actually done something and use that pick on the best player in the draft whether it be DE, LB, or OT. I'm just not feeling it with these QBs coming out this year. Herbert made some piss poor decisions against Arizona St... Burrows looks skiddish and Tua throws the ball in the dirt at times, but also makes great throws on the money.. I would take Tua if he falls to the 2nd round, but I really think we should look at getting Teddy Bridgewater from the Saints.

https://youtu.be/L9uoBpnyUZs
https://youtu.be/LpXGTJrecmc

Who is Burrows? 

If you're talking about Burrow, the dude has completed damn near 80 percent of his passes with 41 TD and 6 INT. If that's skiddish, give me a HUGE dose of it.
Reply/Quote
None of the above.

Draft Burrow and sign a Keenum/Chase Daniel type to take the beating/hold down the fort until the line is fixed/Burrow is ready.
Reply/Quote
The bengals are probably just as well off finding a list of every young man who has ever played QB at any level, tying a blindfold over Zac's eyes and handing him a dart with a few missing feathers..  ThumbsUp Our next franchise QB will have a dart hole through his right eye.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater... Chief of the Checkdowns, Duke of the Dink and Dunk, Liege of the Lateral, and Friend of the Flat.

He would be awful to watch.

Bridgewater's 34 Career Starts:
-17 games with 200 or less passing yards
-8 games with 150 or less passing yards

If you average out his starts to a 16 game season, he would average an 18 TD/11 INT season... and Zac Taylor is sure as hell no Sean Payton.

I am saying this for all to read,we need to draft MR.CHASE YOUNG he is a difference maker and the best player in this draft,and I am going to be pulling for him to come here,I will be writing the front office on getting this guy,people like him only come around every 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:58 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I am saying this for all to read,we need to draft MR.CHASE YOUNG he is a difference maker and the best player in this draft,and I am going to be pulling for him to come here,I will be writing the front office on getting this guy,people like him only come around every 10 years.

...and I'll be holding two hummingbird feathers, one in each hand in my never ending quest to fly to the moon. Wish me luck! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We might as well keep Dalton for the last year of his contract instead of bringing in one of those guys. I don't see where anyone on the market is an upgrade over Dalton If Bruce Arians couldn't fix Winston...no one could. Eli is done. Teddy is a great backup but can't carry a team through a season. And Newton's body is failing him and I doubt he would deal with a bad team well as a team leader...besides he'll cost too much.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk if he'd want to come back or not. That'd take some serious fence mending. Tbh, I want to move on. I'm just saying that if we move on from Andy, we should be looking to upgrade, not make a lateral move. Signing someone like Mariota and drafting a Chase Young would feel like bringing back the 2014 Bengals or something. That team didn't get anywhere, and we'd probably still be worse than that team.

after this season it should be a clear switch into rebuild... we are no longer a retool team.   

A Vet QB even not the best one would allow them to replentish the roster for a year or 2.

Most likely it will be a combo of a early round draft pick and a vet that can play till hes ready.

Lets bring back Fitz magic.
Reply/Quote
I am all for trading and/or releasing Andy Dalton and moving on. However, I have no desire to sign any of these QBs. ALL of them are going to want/get $20m+ a year contracts. Dalton is set to make $17.7m next season. We'd be losing cap space for a year or two bridge. I'm not saying I want Dalton to stay, but if that's the options lets keep the extra $3m+ in cap space and address other issues.

On the flip side, I'm seriously concerned with what this team is going to do. If they move on from Dalton we're sitting on $80m+ in cap space. The team is still going to cry poor with that much space. Need to rollover $10m+ for extensions, keep $10m for draft picks, $5m injury pool, plus whatever else. At best, I'd expect them team to say they only have around $40m to work with. Then if they tag/re-sign Green, re-sign a handful of their own, they'll say we're broke and nothing is better than this year.

So long answer short, The Family will let us know they can't afford to attempt to sign any of these guys.
Reply/Quote