Eli Manning (if he dont retire)
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Free Agent QB instead?
(11-27-2019, 12:47 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Sometimes a change of scenery is all that is needed. Look at Teddy look at Ryan. Sure small sample size but still. I predict Andy would also look rejuvenated on another team. With that said i pick Marcus.

I realize our personnel isn't ideal and injuries took their toll, but ZT coming here was supposed to resurrect Daltons career.  The jury is out on which side failed the other the most, but until I see differently I find it hard to believe our coaching staff will have a positive effect on a FA QB.

If we are dead set on not takimg and starting Burrow then we should just keep Dalton. No vet QB is going to take a team friendly one year deal to play here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know this team is fubar most likely for years to come Nately, i'm just playing along. Help

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:21 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I know this team is fubar most likely for years to come Nately, i'm just playing along. Help

I figured.  It just hit me that ZT was the huge change Dalton needed to get back to 2015 form...until he was the opposite.  Swing and a miss, eh?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This isn't a franchise that's going to resurrect a QB that's a busts career.

Heck, we could probably bring Brady in and destroy his career.

Zimmer had success doing it with Gilberry and Reggie... Hell Terrance Newman looked spent before he got here.

Unfortunately... He's long gone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 11:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: after this season it should be a clear switch into rebuild... we are no longer a retool team.   

A Vet QB even not the best one would allow them to replentish the roster for a year or 2.

Most likely it will be a combo of a early round draft pick and a vet that can play till hes ready.

Lets bring back Fitz magic.

This.

We don't need a pricey vet who fancies himself a franchise QB, just draft Burrow and get a guy like Fitz to hold it down while we (hopefully) fix the roster and set him up for success (or at least the Bengals version of it).
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:24 PM)HuDey Wrote: This.

We don't need a pricey vet who fancies himself a franchise QB, just draft Burrow and get a guy like Fitz to hold it down while we (hopefully) fix the roster and set him up for success (or at least the Bengals version of it).

Do we really want our 1st rounder to sit on the bench?... Again?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: Do we really want our 1st rounder to sit on the bench?... Again?

Grab Tua then?  hes already hurt can probly grab him in the 2nd or trade down in the first and aquire more picks and still get him.  Yes he will sit the bench a year.. But it would keep the streak alive.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:04 PM)jason Wrote: Zimmer had success doing it with Gilberry and Reggie... Hell Terrance Newman looked spent before he got here.

Unfortunately... He's long gone.

At those positions, it can happen. At QB it's doubtful.

Ryan Tannehill is playing really well for Tenn this year. Speculation is he's their QB going forward.
Reply/Quote
Here's my answer:

[Image: LSU-v-Mississippi-0120ae3b7881cab79b8ac13f4eb379b6.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: Do we really want our 1st rounder to sit on the bench?... Again?

If the choice is Burrow (and it should be) and the O-line is still not good enough, then yes, I would be fine with him holding a clipboard for a year.
We are going to be bad next year whether we have Chase Young on the field or Burrow on the bench, so I don't see a reason to rush the number one pick onto the field into situation that sets him up for failure. I get that it is tiresome having first round picks who don't see the field, but many of those were very questionable choices and that should not dictate how we handle our choices moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:57 PM)HuDey Wrote: If the choice is Burrow (and it should be) and the O-line is still not good enough, then yes, I would be fine with him holding a clipboard for a year.
We are going to be bad next year whether we have Chase Young on the field or Burrow on the bench, so I don't see a reason to rush the number one pick onto the field into situation that sets him up for failure. I get that it is tiresome having first round picks who don't see the field, but many of those were very questionable choices and that should not dictate how we handle our choices moving forward.

Good post.  +rep
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
People assumed Zac Taylor was going to essentially be Sean McVay. There was no evidence that his playcalling would mimic McVay's though. This, I think, has been the biggest contributor to the disaster that is the 2019 season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: People assumed Zac Taylor was going to essentially be Sean McVay. There was no evidence that his playcalling would mimic McVay's though. This, I think, has been the biggest contributor to the disaster that is the 2019 season.

McVay hasn't been special this year anyhow.  The Ram's have a winning record, but have been a mess of late.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: People assumed Zac Taylor was going to essentially be Sean McVay. There was no evidence that his playcalling would mimic McVay's though. This, I think, has been the biggest contributor to the disaster that is the 2019 season.

you know what they say about assuming things....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:36 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: McVay hasn't been special this year anyhow.  The Ram's have a winning record, but have been a mess of late.

They aren't using Gurley like they did in 2017 and 2018. Gurley was the key cog in the success of their team. Defenses had to worry about him so much, it opened up play-action and the passing game as a whole.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Dalton had a lot of talent around him he was 2nd in passer rating.  Bridgewater can't even crack the top ten with all of this:

WR Michael Thomas...1st team All Pro, Pro Bowl last 2 years (currently on pace for 150 receptions and 1800 yds)
OG Larry Warford……..Pro Bowl last 2 years
RB Alvin Kamara...…….Pro Bowl last 2 years
OT Terron Armstead....Pro Bowl last year
OT Andrus Peat...……..Pro Bowl last year
OC Max Unger...……….Pro Bowl last year
TE Jared Cook...……….Pro Bowl last year
HC Sean Peyton...…….Top 5 offense in the league 11 times in last 13 years

Wow, that's dam impressive….Saints know how to draft  and go after worthwhile FAs. Forget Teddy B …. Lets poach their scouts and GM.
Reply/Quote
Of those guys I guess Mariota, if we went with a veteran and he was available I would like Phillip Rivers the best.

But he isn't on the list, so I am assuming he will be back with the Chargers.

Draft Joe Burrow though unless we want Chase Young ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny how bad things have gotten when drafting Rey Maualuga is viewed as a success. (He was a pretty 1 dimensional LB, but the guys after him have generally been MUCH MUCH worse.)

Rey was a pretty good (certainly not great) player for what we were doing 10 years ago.

The NFL just kinda grew away from the big thumper LB's.

(11-27-2019, 11:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: after this season it should be a clear switch into rebuild... we are no longer a retool team.   

A Vet QB even not the best one would allow them to replentish the roster for a year or 2.

Most likely it will be a combo of a early round draft pick and a vet that can play till hes ready.

Lets bring back Fitz magic.

Fitzy would be an excellent backup/mentor for Burrow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They aren't using Gurley like they did in 2017 and 2018. Gurley was the key cog in the success of their team. Defenses had to worry about him so much, it opened up play-action and the passing game as a whole.

Their line isn't what it used to be either... But yeah; Gurley seemed to be on a pitch count earlier, and Goff has fallen off a cliff. It started last year so it isn't losing Zac Taylor that did it either.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:57 PM)HuDey Wrote: If the choice is Burrow (and it should be) and the O-line is still not good enough, then yes, I would be fine with him holding a clipboard for a year.

I get what you're saying, but I'd rather have the sure thing... Everyone is drooling over Burrow, but he doesn't have a huge sample size, and QB is a very hard position to evaluate. They don't have to "rush" Chase Young onto the field... Line him up and turn him loose. This team has a ton of needs, and we need a home run this draft. If we miss on a QB (and it is more likely that Burrow will miss than Young will) it will set this team back even farther. They'll probably draft Burrow because teams get foolish every spring, but I like the way the 49ers now and Seahawks years ago built themselves into contenders.

I'm actually really excited to see Young and Burrow square off in January... Hopefully it happens.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote