Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agent WRS for Bengals
We will sign someone that gives us flexibility with the uncertainty at the top of the draft. You never want to go in hoping someone falls to you and you also never know when an offer will come you can't refuse. It is worth noting, this draft is as good if not better than last year at WR. That said, this is a really deep WR class for free agency and I think there are some really good value guys that we can get for cheap while still being able to spend money on the line.

Breshard Perriman- Perriman has turned into a quality vertical threat in the league that can still challenge teams down the field.

Nelson Agholor- After turning in a really solid year in Oakland I think we have figured out what Ahgolor can be and that is a quality receiver.

Josh Reynolds- The ties to Taylor are too obvious and he should be very affordable while offering depth if the plan is to get someone at some point during the draft.

Rashard Higgins- I personally think CLE should keep him but I am not sure they will invest any more money in the WR room at this point. He has had a breakout year this year and could quietly be a great value to bring in to the WR room.

Chris Conley- The "other guy" while in KC, he went on to have a productive time in JAX with often unproductive QB play.
Reply/Quote
What about Will Fuller? Would you take a chance on him even though he got suspended for PED's? I would.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:32 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: What about Will Fuller?  Would you take a chance on him even though he got suspended for PED's?  I would.

I think someone will still pay him a lot of money, I would not. I am less worried about his PED suspension and more worried about the injury history there. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s just bring in Chad Johnson to teach John Ross how to catch.

Housh already tried
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: Chris Conley- The "other guy" while in KC, he went on to have a productive time in JAX with often unproductive QB play.

Chris Conley would be my first choice as a FA WR target for the Bengals. He has the speed and size to be a full time outside receiver. That allows the Bengals to use their top targets Boyd inside and rotate Higgins outside inside (depending on formations plays etc) which is both of their strengths. At 29 Conley has never had that explosive year which makes his price tag cheaper but he has been productive when healthy. Target Conley and draft someone like Reggie Roberson Jr. in the 5th or 6th.

David Moore from Seattle is also a guy that is a #3 outside guy in his squard but you arent going to see him attack back shoulder throws like Conley.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Alot of discussion on FA lineman and drafting a WR.. what about FA WR instead and drafting a more need position with #5

Top Possible WR FAs...

Robinson Bears
JuJu Steelers
Hilton Colts
Godwin Tampa

Would you go after one of them if they are available ?

Godwin....he has the speed we need
Hilton is too injured lately
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:11 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Godwin....he has the speed we need
Hilton is too injured lately

Chris Godwin isnt a speed demon at all. He's a possession guy 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Look for guys who will/could be cut; there is a high probability that the Bengals will not be that supper aggressive in free agency because they want to have their Comp picks in 2022.
Tyrell Williams,  Marquise Goodwin, Odell Beckham, and John Brown.

I like Brown and Goodwin for what I see the team needs.
Brown reminds me of what I envisioned how Ross would have turned out
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Curtis Samuel

So far, the only one I would be interested in...him and Brandin Cooks, but I would rather spend FA dollars on a CB if they lose WJIII or another pass rusher.  WR i would draft. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: We will sign someone that gives us flexibility with the uncertainty at the top of the draft. You never want to go in hoping someone falls to you and you also never know when an offer will come you can't refuse. It is worth noting, this draft is as good if not better than last year at WR. That said, this is a really deep WR class for free agency and I think there are some really good value guys that we can get for cheap while still being able to spend money on the line.

Breshard Perriman- Perriman has turned into a quality vertical threat in the league that can still challenge teams down the field.

Nelson Agholor- After turning in a really solid year in Oakland I think we have figured out what Ahgolor can be and that is a quality receiver.

Josh Reynolds- The ties to Taylor are too obvious and he should be very affordable while offering depth if the plan is to get someone at some point during the draft.

Rashard Higgins- I personally think CLE should keep him but I am not sure they will invest any more money in the WR room at this point. He has had a breakout year this year and could quietly be a great value to bring in to the WR room.

Chris Conley- The "other guy" while in KC, he went on to have a productive time in JAX with often unproductive QB play.

I like Agholor.. be a nice deep threat... finally had a decent passing QB this year.. i would be happy to sign him and and grab a good Oline in FA.... we can focus on defense, Oline and TE first 5 picks of draft
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Chris Godwin isnt a speed demon at all. He's a possession guy 

I think he ran a 4.4 at combine and he passes the "eye" test on seperation.
He would likely be our best WR if signed IMO
Reply/Quote
The guys I'd like us to look at are:

1) Nelson Agalor-LV
2) Josh Reynolds-LAR
3) Chris Conley-JAX
4) Rashard Higgins-Cle
5) Isaiah McKenzie-BUF -to replace Alex Ericson

-these guys will open up the draft for us to where we maybe can wait til the 4/5 rd to grab another depth guy. As of now we have:

1) Higgins
2) Boyd
3) ---FA pickup
4)---Draft
5) Tate
6) ---FA pickup or draft
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't even know Tyrell the Gazelle was still in the league.... Id take Godwin or John Brown in a heartbeat though.

Yes to Godwin!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:32 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: What about Will Fuller? Would you take a chance on him even though he got suspended for PED's? I would.

I like Fuller, but he always misses time. If it wasn't injuries, it was the suspension you referenced.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:57 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: The guys I'd like us to look at are:

1) Nelson Agalor-LV
2) Josh Reynolds-LAR
3) Chris Conley-JAX
4) Rashard Higgins-Cle

-these guys will open up the draft for us to where we maybe can wait til the 4/5 rd to grab another depth guy. As of now we have:

1) Higgins
2) Boyd
3) ---FA pickup
4)---Draft
5) Tate
6) ---FA pickup or draft

I take 1 or 3 on list
Reply/Quote
Godwin looks like ass tonight. 3 drops and counting.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:57 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: The guys I'd like us to look at are:

1) Nelson Agalor-LV
2) Josh Reynolds-LAR
3) Chris Conley-JAX
4) Rashard Higgins-Cle

1) Higgins
2) Boyd
3) ---FA pickup
4)---Draft
5) Tate
6) ---FA pickup or draft

That's a good list.  Would be funny to add Rashard Higgins.  "Bet Burrow throws to Higgins" and you'd have a decent chance of being right!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: dont even know who godwin is

(01-05-2021, 01:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Chris Godwin isnt a speed demon at all. He's a possession guy 

Which is it?  Do you not know who he is, but then you call the guy slow, when he runs a 4.4 forty..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is it?  Do you not know who he is, but then you call the guy slow, when he runs a 4.4 forty..

I'm going with he doesn't know who he is. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm going with he doesn't know who he is. 

Perhaps he has him confused with Marquis Goodwin?  Confused

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote