Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agent WRS for Bengals
(01-05-2021, 12:32 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: What about Will Fuller?  Would you take a chance on him even though he got suspended for PED's?  I would.

I remember leading up to the draft there was a lot of interest here for Will Fuller; it only intensified when he ran a 4.32 at the combine. 

But he went 3 picks before us, then Washington took another board fav WR in Josh Doctson, then Min took the 3rd WR in a row in Treadwell. 

So with the "1st rd" WRs off the board we go CB in WJIII. Meanwhile some receiver out of OSU named Michael Thomas didn't get drafted until rd 2.

We did get the 3rd best WR in that draft though with Tyler Boyd. Tyreke Hill got drafted in the 5th a few picks after we took Christian Westerman 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you can do either or both maybe, sign a OL and WR as FA and then draft DL or LB.. Tackle FA is going cost more probably  than WR FA.

High end WR's  cost more than high end OL.  The FT values for each last year were $18.4 mil vs $16.1 mil..

The issue with spending big money on a WR is there's a high probability that the BPA at 5 will be a WR.  I also don't know why you would want to spend your draft picks on needs over filling them in FA.  If it's a high need, you should spend the money in FA on a proven player instead of gambling on a draft pick making a huge impact as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
This is a deep WR draft class. If the Bengals want to go WR they might be better served to wait until round 2 or 3 depending on how free agency goes. If they don't resign WJIII I'd like to see them go CB at 5 unless they get better at CB in free agency. This roster has a ton of holes to fix. Edge, CB, and interior offensive line need addressed this offseason. I'd like to keep Lawson but not break the bank doing it.
Reply/Quote
We paid AJ Green 18 million in 2020.

Why not pay Robinson 18 million in 2021?

Or pay Fuller 11 million?

Higgins is closer to 6 million, but would be a good speed guy on the outside.

There are many other vets in the 5 to 15 million range who would be a lot better than 2020 Green

Why not go get one
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 01:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We paid AJ Green 18 million in 2020.

Why not pay Robinson 18 million in 2021?

Or pay Fuller 11 million?

Higgins is closer to 6 million, but  would be a good speed guy on the outside.

There are many other vets in the 5 to 15 million range who would be a lot better than 2020 Green

Why not go get one

I would pursue a Vet WR in FA but Oline FA I would focus more $$.  I like to see us go after Agholor, had just a 1 yr contract with Raiders.. low risk with a middle the road contract that could be a high reward, a Veteran that will pick up the system easier and is an established WR with home run ability.
Reply/Quote
Lots of good names on here, would like any of Fuller, Agholor, Robinson, Godwin etc.

All sounds good to me as long as we take care of the O-line.
Reply/Quote