Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents....Listen to Michael.....
I hope all of our free agents listen to Michael Johnson when he says the grass is not always greener and there are more important things than money, like playing for a team with a great locker room, which is a lesson he learned in Tampa. I hope our guys don't get greedy.... I want them all back and I want another shot with this team. Make decent deals and stay here with family......
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hope all of our free agents listen to Michael Johnson when he says the grass is not always greener and there are more important things than money, like playing for a team with a great locker room, which is a lesson he learned in Tampa. I hope our guys don't get greedy.... I want them all back and I want another shot with this team. Make decent deals and stay here with family......

I'm thinking, inevitably, one of them will end up a Brown.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Agreed. I think we get back all the guys we want.

Unless some team offers stupid money of course.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:17 PM)McC Wrote: I'm thinking, inevitably, one of them will end up a Brown.

Depends on what the moneyball nerds formulate I guess
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   I think we get back all the guys we want.    

Unless some team offers stupid money of course.

And I repeat--Browns.  It's their history.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on what the moneyball nerds formulate I guess

LMAO.  Moneyball nerd.  I love it.  

Reply/Quote
I think we let Reggie go. It is better to let a guy go a year too soon over a year too late. I think Shawn Williams is a good enough replacement for Nelson and if he does regress a better one.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we let Reggie go. It is better to let a guy go a year too soon over a year too late. I think Shawn Williams is a good enough replacement for Nelson and if he does regress a better one.

Yeah.  This seems very possible.  Unfortunate, though.  He is one of my favorites.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we let Reggie go. It is better to let a guy go a year too soon over a year too late. I think Shawn Williams is a good enough replacement for Nelson and if he does regress a better one.

I think the debate is Reggie vs Hall.   They will keep one and dump the other.    They will both be about the same cost.    And it's proven we need 3 safeties in this division.
Reply/Quote
I can see the Browns throwing an obnoxious amount of money at Marvin Jones and/or Mohamed Sanu.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The three biggest decisions.

George Iloka or Reggie Nelson
Marvin Jones
Adam Jones

There are other FA's who moving on from, might offer upgrades and financial flexibility. Brandon Tate, Mo Sanu, Andre Smith, Leon Hall...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see the Browns throwing an obnoxious amount of money at Marvin Jones and/or Mohamed Sanu.

I can't see them letting Jones go. I also don't thjnk jones is a #1 WR and it would take that type of money to get him.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:27 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The three biggest decisions.

George Iloka or Reggie Nelson
Marvin Jones
Adam Jones

There are other FA's who moving on from, might offer upgrades and financial flexibility.  Brandon Tate, Mo Sanu, Andre Smith, Leon Hall...
Andre Smith--gone.
Tate--should be gone, probably won't be.
Leon--might be back for less money.

Don't know about Reggie.  Want him back but it might not happen.

Iloka--he's going nowhere.

Reply/Quote
I say let Leon leave with many thanks and keep Reggie, who is still playing at Pro Bowl level. While it would be nice to keep Sanu, and I hope we do, we HAVE to keep Jones to stretch the field opposite AJ. Andre Smith can go since we have Cedric. Iloka is another must sign, and I think we have to keep Adam Jones. If there is any silver lining in his last penalty, maybe it knocked some of the luster off him from other teams. I think he would be hesitant to leave the place that revived his career.
Reply/Quote
All depends on where the offer comes from...not too many grasses that aren't greener than Tampa.

Our problem is cap space and making the right moves/offers vs. what's available...we'll obviously have
to balance needs with affordability.
Reply/Quote
CB Leon Hall
RT Andre Smith
S Reggie Nelson
LB Emmanuel Lamur
LB Vincent Rey
DL Wallace Gilberry
CB Adam Jones
OL Eric Winston
DL Pat Sims
WR Brandon Tate
WR Mohamed Sanu
DT Brandon Thompson
WR Marvin Jones
S George Iloka
C T.J. Johnson

Pacman, Illoka, Gilberry, Jones, Nelson.

Hall only gets signed if we lose Nelson. Sanu will be back unless he gets a team to shell out.

We will get one of Sims or Thompson maybe both at our price.

The rest will be at our price.
Reply/Quote
#43 is the number one priority followed by Marvin Jones. I would like to see Reggie stay. I think Williams played great when given the chance this year but I think Reggie is an underrated leader on this team. I actually want TJ Johnson back. He is cheap and provides good oline depth. I would like to see Gillberry back but I think he goes and tries to get paid.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:42 PM)brian5562 Wrote: #43 is the number one priority followed by Marvin Jones. I would like to see Reggie stay. I think Williams played great when given the chance this year but I think Reggie is an underrated leader on this team. I actually want TJ Johnson back. He is cheap and provides good oline depth. I would like to see Gillberry back but I think he goes and tries to get paid.

On Gillberry. He has been around and looked around. I think he appreciates the stability here. The only place I could see him go is minney.

Unless of course he gets ridiculous money and if so then good for him. But location matter more to him.. Last time he chased money he was cut. And he had a bad expierence in KC as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:17 PM)McC Wrote: I'm thinking, inevitably, one of them will end up a Brown.

And there's a Brown that I'd like to see as a Bengal. (Alex Mack)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see the Browns throwing an obnoxious amount of money at Marvin Jones and/or Mohamed Sanu.

Well they do need a QB...
Reply/Quote