Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free agency plan and how bad it could be.
(03-09-2016, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Teams are paying like crazy amounts of money right now in FA.

Might actually be a great time to wait it out and let it dry up a bit and get someone out there of some quality.

Then trade McC to Denver for a couple of Draft picks.

I would rather have AJM over any of these other QB's available right now.  
Reply/Quote
Giants just dropped an insane number on Olivie Vernon.    Just nuts.

5yrs 85m
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Giants just dropped an insane number on Olivie Vernon.    Just nuts.

5yrs 85m

Feel like we are in for a record number of holdouts throughout the league this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would rather have AJM over any of these other QB's available right now.  

I would be willing to listen to trade offers.  I'd take a 3rd round draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would rather have AJM over any of these other QB's available right now.  

Exactly, some team might be willin to pay big frickin time.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would be willing to listen to trade offers.  I'd take a 3rd round draft pick.

Yeah me too: But I think with this market he can get a 1 plus. He is being paid nothing at the moment and you get that for 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would be willing to listen to trade offers.  I'd take a 3rd round draft pick.

Considering how many holes we're going to have after FA, teams will know we're desperate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah me too:   But I think with this market he can get a 1 plus.    He is being paid nothing at the moment and you get that for 2 years.

I wouldn't hesitate a nanosecond for a 1 plus, but I would be surprised if someone offered that much.
Reply/Quote
Browns lose their RT to the Chefs lol
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Giants just dropped an insane number on Olivie Vernon.    Just nuts.

5yrs 85m

$17m/yr for a guy who's averaged 7 sacks the last two seasons and I believe led the NFL in unnecessary roughness penalties last year.

Apparently the Giants took a page out of Miami's book and vastly overpaid an overrated DL player with conduct issues. (Suh)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wouldn't hesitate a nanosecond for a 1 plus, but I would be surprised if someone offered that much.

With crazy shit like this happening i would not be surprised...

(03-09-2016, 07:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: $17m/yr for a guy who's averaged 7 sacks the last two seasons and I believe led the NFL in unnecessary roughness penalties last year.

Apparently the Giants took a page out of Miami's book and vastly overpaid an overrated DL player with conduct issues. (Suh)
Reply/Quote
You would have to listen to the offers for AJM.
Reply/Quote
There has to be a little bit of regret going through Hue Jacksons mind right now. Johnny football is still on the team. Was out with his stud suspended WR last weekend too. Good way to try to get that suspension extended. And if there was a loser in free agency for the day. That would be the Browns. They got worse today.
Reply/Quote
I don't get the whole laughing at the Browns thing right now. It was pretty much a given that when Hue went in he was going to try and build his plan. There's nothing you can do about UFAs, so you don't even plan on them being there. If they are...bonus.

He may very well be sitting there with a smile on his face knowing he's not going to be paying big bucks to guys he doesn't even want.

Wait till after the draft and then see if you have something to laugh about.

One thing i can guarantee you 100%. He's not regretting the decision in the least.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't get the whole laughing at the Browns thing right now. It was pretty much a given that when Hue went in he was going to try and build his plan. There's nothing you can do about UFAs, so you don't even plan on them being there. If they are...bonus.

He may very well be sitting there with a smile on his face knowing he's not going to be paying big bucks to guys he doesn't even want.

Wait till after the draft and then see if you have something to laugh about.

One thing i can guarantee you 100%. He's not regretting the decision in the least.
He said they wanted Mack, he walked. They said they wanted Benjamin , gone. He said he wouldnt put up with BS and they werent a rehab facility , well he isnt in charge of making those calls , last i saw johnny is still on the team. They had an offer for schwartz , supposedly the best RT available , that they pulled trying to play hard ball  , well he walked too. They lost a good safety , because im sure hue said F defense. One of their best D linemen got hit with a suspension the other day. And their stud WR savior was partying with johnny last weekend and still isnt reinstated. It was an exodus and typical Browns.

If he has a smile on his face it is one of the fake ones you put on to try and mask the pain.

The point of this thread was free agency could be worse than what we were dealing with. When you are the Browns and have the 2nd pick in the draft and are one of the worst teams in the league , and get a lot worse the first day of free agency , well you can expect shit from Bengal fans.

Turning down Marvin and the offer to be the next head coach plan will be the worst decisions of his career. Going to the Browns is like spitting in Mike browns face. Biting the hand that feeds you.

If he loses the lockerroom he wont last long.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Turning down Marvin and the offer to be the next head coach plan will be the worst decisions of his career. 

Except that offer was never made.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except that offer was never made.

Thats not what was reported?
Reply/Quote

Yep

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats not what was reported?

I never heard anything about it.

When was Lewis agreeing to step down?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never heard anything about it.

When was Lewis agreeing to step down?
http://www.inquisitr.com/2706709/cincinnati-bengals-desperately-tried-to-keep-hue-jackson-from-joining-cleveland-browns/
Reply/Quote