Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free trade run amuck......
"It's just business."

Now we understand where the idiom "giving him the business" comes from.

Maybe we can merge this with income inequality thread. Disney is just giving these laid off workers an opportunity to better themselves. Maybe go back to school with their new found free time. Or pick up and relocate their family where the jobs are with the paycheck they won't be getting anymore.
(06-04-2015, 09:24 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: But we need someone to come in and work the jobs that the lazy, entitled, white Americans won't work.

Well once all the rich people have servants then we will have no use for them.   
(06-04-2015, 09:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I always want immigrants.  The numbers we want   may change depending on the times, but immigrants always remind us of what we really have here.  

As for Disney, this just seems stupid.  250 jobs?  How much can they possibly be saving?  

I bet they are getting gov money to hire these people.  
(06-04-2015, 03:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I bet they are getting gov money to hire these people.  

.....I bet they're getting kickback money from the recruiting firms, and big fat bonuses from the shareholders for saving fifty cents.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2015, 03:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well once all the rich people have servants then we will have no use for them.   

That's who they hire for servants, and maintenance, and grounds crew. Immigrants from Mexico and Central America.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-04-2015, 07:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's who they hire for servants, and maintenance, and grounds crew. Immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

[Image: they-are-not-savages.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.