Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break Out players
(04-10-2020, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hubbard is another very underrated Bengal. People will not be able to ignore him for long and act like TJ Watt is better.

That is the thing about Ross is he just gives us another dimension if he is healthy and on the field. Have always said Defenses
will HAVE to account for that speed. Dude just needs to get his routes and hands together and be more consistent. I really think
a QB like Burrow will help him with this. Give Ross the death stare when he screws up.

I believe the majority of Ross's problems are above the neck. He overthinks stuff, to anxious, gets nervous ? Perhaps Burrow's confidence, moxy or whatever will rub off ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going offer up Mike Thomas as a break out player this upcoming season. He wasn't our biggest FA signing, but I'm going to speculate he was signed with specific intent for a role on this squad.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 06:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dude, eat a peach.  We all love Burrow and we all have shrines to the kid built in our houses.  I was just making a Simpsons reference because it's like every question or topic on this board on the past 6 months has to be Burrow this and Burrow that.  

Burrow will save Ross, Burrow will make the FO do stuff, Burrow will save ZT and mask the O line issues, Burrow will beat the Steelers and win in the playoffs.  

I don't hate Burrow I just want the season to get here so we can stop swooning over how he's going to save us and actually watch him play.  So it's not like anyone hated Poochie, it's just that he had to be the best and your favorite before he was even introduced. 

If you’re surprised (or annoyed) that there’s a ton of hype over a QB that just did everything Burrow did that’s on you. His season was not a normal one, so therefore the hype is proportional. Pretty easy to understand...

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 04:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you’re surprised (or annoyed) that there’s a ton of hype over a QB that just did everything Burrow did that’s on you. His season was not a normal one, so therefore the hype is proportional. Pretty easy to understand...

Its a little too easy.  He's the answer to every question. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Its a little too easy.  He's the answer to every question. 

Not really. We spent our entire FA fixing the DEFENSE.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 05:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not really. We spent our entire FA fixing the DEFENSE.

Yes but we are being active in FA because we are getting Burrow and we finally have a QB who can win. And if we didn't get active in FA Burrow was going to kick MBs door in and demand it. 

Fixing the D in free agency = Burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 05:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes but we are being active in FA because we are getting Burrow and we finally have a QB who can win. And if we didn't get active in FA Burrow was going to kick MBs door in and demand it. 

Fixing the D in free agency = Burrow

I guess. Just saying there’s been plenty to talk about recently other than Burrow for all of you that are just so sick of hearing about him.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 05:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess. Just saying there’s been plenty to talk about recently other than Burrow for all of you that are just so sick of hearing about him.

Geez, eat a peach...just because I point out that we are using BURROW as the answer to everything doesn't mean I don't have a football boner for the guy.

It's just amusing to see Burrow as the answer for everything...I hope it's true.

We haven't won a playoff game in 30 years  = Burrow can do it
our o line has stunk for years = Burrow will mask the o line suckiness
we can't beat the Steelers = Burrow won't be afraid of the Steelers like Dalton
John Ross is probably a bust = Burrow will be able to hit him in stride
John Ross drops passes = Burrow will scream at him to stop dropping passes
our front office doesn't look like they want to win = they'll want to win now that they have Burrow
Zac Taylor might be a crappy coach = Burrow is coming

This is why I made the Poochie reference...is the guy good, sure, but it's just that he's being hyped up to be the miracle cure for all that has ailed us for the past 4-30 years.  

It's just amusing that the answer to 99% of the questions we have about this team is "BURROW."  I will admit I have a lot more confidence in Burrow being the ultimate key to victory than going into 2015 when I was assured that Jeremy Hill was the franchise savior, I'll give ya that.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hubbard is another very underrated Bengal. People will not be able to ignore him for long and act like TJ Watt is better.

That is the thing about Ross is he just gives us another dimension if he is healthy and on the field. Have always said Defenses
will HAVE to account for that speed. Dude just needs to get his routes and hands together and be more consistent. I really think
a QB like Burrow will help him with this. Give Ross the death stare when he screws up.

No doubt.  And I think a new culture that is being formed will help Ross as well.  In the past, he probably felt like he was being singled out for injuries when Eifert and Green had them.  He might have also felt singled out when the entire offense sucked and he was getting benched.   This might explain a bit of the "unhealthy scratch" immature video that he posted.

However, Ross needs to understand that just because he was a (very) high draft pick doesn't mean he has made it.  He has not yet produced at the NFL level.  I think that he started to show what he could do last year, but his performance was greatly limited by the offensive line forcing the ball out very quickly.  I read an article recently that the rest of the league love Taylor's route concepts and have stolen them but they simply didn't work as well with Cincy because they never had time to allow the patterns to develop.  His injuries last year didn't help, either.

If you add Williams at LT, and maybe a draft pick at RG (unless they are really sold on XSF, which would kind of surprise me) like Burrow's teammate at LSU, Damien Lewis, and get the better of the two (Hart/Johnson) to win the starting job at RT, then line should be vastly improved over last year.  Add Burrow's ability to scramble and slide around in the pocket and we should be able to see those route combinations come together.  

I love the idea of more empty sets as well.  If teams blitz that, Burrow will pick them apart.  
Reply/Quote