Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresno State professor who mocked Barbara Bush’s death is getting a reality check
(04-23-2018, 02:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, in your mind calling someone a gigantic idiot or the biggest piece of shit is just the speaker having a "personal difference' and that's ok? 

Yes.  I think it is okay for one person to claim another person is stupid.

Why do you think it should be forbidden?
(04-23-2018, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  I think it is okay for one person to claim another person is stupid.

Why do you think it should be forbidden?

Because it's unprofessional, impolite, childish, and if a business doesn't want you representing them, that's their right.

EDIT: I don't think a business should have to wait until you say something racist in order to terminate your position with them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-23-2018, 04:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because it's unprofessional, impolite, childish, and if a business doesn't want you representing them, that's their right.

Pretty much every human deserves to be fired based on your standards.

What about when you pitch your little fits and talk bad about me.  Should that cost you your job?
(04-23-2018, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty much every human deserves to be fired based on your standards.

You have a very low opinion of humanity, don't you?

(04-23-2018, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about when you pitch your little fits and talk bad about me.  Should that cost you your job?

I don't pitch fits, only tents. Also, i don't "talk bad" about you. I only speak the truth. If you don't like what I have to say about you, maybe you should look inward with great introspection and correct those things about yourself you don't like.  ThumbsUp
(04-24-2018, 04:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You have a very low opinion of humanity, don't you?

I don't pitch fits, only tents. Also, i don't "talk bad" about you. I only speak the truth. If you don't like what I have to say about you, maybe you should look inward with great introspection and correct those things about yourself you don't like.  ThumbsUp

I do think the college professor in question also thought she was only speaking the truth.

Also, a university is not like a business. Higher ed is governed by an altogether different code regarding acceptable speech.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-24-2018, 04:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  Also, i don't "talk bad" about you. I only speak the truth.

Now I see the problem.  You don't have any problem with anyone saying the most terrible things about another person AS LONG AS YOU AGREE WITH THEM.

That explains everything.
(04-24-2018, 10:47 PM)Dill Wrote: I do think the college professor in question also thought she was only speaking the truth.

I'm sorry was the  ThumbsUp too subtle in showing that I was being facetious? 

(04-24-2018, 10:47 PM)Dill Wrote: Also, a university is not like a business. Higher ed is governed by an altogether different code regarding acceptable speech.

Clearly. Doesn't mean I can't think they should be held to a certain standard.
(04-25-2018, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I see the problem.  You don't have any problem with anyone saying the most terrible things about another person AS LONG AS YOU AGREE WITH THEM.

That explains everything.

Not true at all, but we both know you have no qualms about making shit up to suit your needs. 
(04-25-2018, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm sorry was the  ThumbsUp too subtle in showing that I was being facetious? 

Clearly. Doesn't mean I can't think they should be held to a certain standard.

My bad lol. guess I need bigger emoticons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-25-2018, 12:52 PM)Dill Wrote: My bad lol. guess I need bigger emoticons.

I've long wished for the ability to increase the size of the emoticons like we can with text. LOL