Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Bengals website:
(09-06-2018, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, Hackenberg is hilariously bad.  He's like if Bort Bortles played every game blackout drunk.  All joking aside, is there any positive tape on this guy?  Even the reports of his practices are full of INTs and hitting sideline reporters with wildly errant passes.  This guy should be our starter...actually, I can't even jokingly make a "Hackenberg wagon" he's so bad.  Hackenwagon?

It's crazy ! Every time he takes the field he gets worse doesn't matter if it's practice or what. And he's kept it up every snap since his Freshmen year in College !!!

I watched him play several games in college and I've always maintained he was very, very overhyped coming into the draft. He was just one of those guys that caught fire for a bit going into the draft for whatever reason.

I can't imagine the Bengals keeping him on the practice squad all season the guy has no prayer of being an NFL QB. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, Hackenberg is hilariously bad.  He's like if Bort Bortles played every game blackout drunk.  All joking aside, is there any positive tape on this guy?  Even the reports of his practices are full of INTs and hitting sideline reporters with wildly errant passes.  This guy should be our starter...actually, I can't even jokingly make a "Hackenberg wagon" he's so bad.  Hackenwagon?

The guy is so bad he comes with a built in nickname (Hack) that means he sucks at his job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The fact that the Bengals let Woodside go for Hackenberg put a dent in my praise of them for this off season.

The guy is horrible ! He gives Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell a bad name.

Woodside left on bad terms. Dehner mentioned that he was late multiple times to team meetings and didn't seem to take it too seriously. The team was also pissed about the DUI. I don't think they had any intention of adding him to the PS.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Woodside left on bad terms. Dehner mentioned that he was late multiple times to team meetings and didn't seem to take it too seriously. The team was also pissed about the DUI. I don't think they had any intention of adding him to the PS.

I could've sworn that I saw him do a post-practice interview with a big wad of chaw in his mouth. Who does that!?!?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Woodside left on bad terms. Dehner mentioned that he was late multiple times to team meetings and didn't seem to take it too seriously. The team was also pissed about the DUI. I don't think they had any intention of adding him to the PS.

Ah, that's too bad.  I thought he performed pretty well in the fourth preseason game despite getting limited reps in camp. Granted it was against scrubs, but I wanted the guy to stick around and develop.

You reap what you sow, I guess.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It really is TBH. Bengals fans must not know their footballs. Maybe their right? We are Bengal fans I guess? But yes, pretty insulting to a fan who so badly wants this team to win it all. There are many on here who didn't watch our SB's in 81 and 88 come up short. However, their are also many of us on this board who watched them live and we are still waiting for our trophy like an addict waiting for that avenue of satisfaction. 

The feeling is real man! Twitch

Just read the Facebook comments on the team's page.......you don't realize how true this statement is until you see that shit! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 02:40 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I could've sworn that I saw him do a post-practice interview with a big wad of chaw in his mouth. Who does that!?!?

Somebody still looking for a job. The DUI was a dumb stunt.
Reply/Quote
We don't call Bengals.com Spin City for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The guy is so bad he comes with a built in nickname (Hack) that means he sucks at his job.

I haven't seen such a fitting name since that one college buddy of mine had an old car that was an Oldsmobile.
Reply/Quote

Which is cutting your nose to spite your face.  When you replace a problem player with a worse player that's just stupid.

You wait till you find a better player then cut the guy.  In the mean time the DUI was built in protection for keeping him on the PS while you try and grow him as a player and professional.
Reply/Quote
Also, while I'm at it, I am disappointed we let Hewitt go.  In fact I'm disappointed that we pretty much neglected his talents since signing him to  a pretty sizable contract.

Every time he was on the field he completed his assignment.  He was money.   I'm disappointed they would not try to run up the middle with Hewitt, Price and Redmond.   I felt that Hewitt was multiple enough that he could potentially be a full back, TE or in line blocker.  I don't think we were that transparent.

Big waste of good talent.   Will be interested to see how he affects our run defense.

As a side note, the best full back (since Jeremy Johnson) was Fisher.  The dude plowed from the FB position.  I'd use him regularly to enable 4 yards a rush up the middle and set up the play action.  Fisher can catch the ball too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 11:06 AM)3wt Wrote: Which is cutting your nose to spite your face.  When you replace a problem player with a worse player that's just stupid.

You wait till you find a better player then cut the guy.  In the mean time the DUI was built in protection for keeping him on the PS while you try and grow him as a player and professional.

You forget: we are THE team for reclamation projects. Usually, it's a talented player with horrible OFF-field issues, but I guess we can try our hand at a player with horrible ON-field issues.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The entire stadium burned to the ground and all the spectators were killed , but at least some of the grass on the field is still green .. Now that's the kind of silver lining every fan wants to hear.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 11:15 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You forget: we are THE team for reclamation projects. Usually, it's a talented player with horrible OFF-field issues, but I guess we can try our hand at a player with horrible ON-field issues.

Don't make any suggestions...
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Just read the Facebook comments on the team's page.......you don't realize how true this statement is until you see that shit! LMAO

I really try to keep away from FB. I travel over into the drama page every now & then when I need to feel better about myself. LOL  Any time more than 5 minutes tho makes me lose hope for humanity.

Reply/Quote

That info makes it make some sense but still Hackenberg was the best practice squad QB left out there ???
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 02:40 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I could've sworn that I saw him do a post-practice interview with a big wad of chaw in his mouth. Who does that!?!?

Real men! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 12:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That info makes it make some sense but still Hackenberg was the best practice squad QB left out there ???

I completely understand why they let Woodside go. As for Hackenberg, I definitely would've gone with someone else, like absolutely anyone else. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote