Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Bengals website:
I seriously can't believe he put that line in the article. It doesn't speak well for us at all.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just because someone was drafted in the first round doesn't make them good, ask Ryan Leaf.

Ouch! this was a low blow.
Reply/Quote
Got to say that for Fischer and Ogbuehi THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They don't call him Hobspin for nothin.

That dude can literally spin anything as a positive.

It's really not difficult though. Check out this thread: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Hobspin-Translator

He tried to spin it but all that I heard was that we whiffed on a couple of high draft picks and are too stubborn to move on. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 05:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Takes the spin to another level.  Another way of looking at this:  "How many teams have a 7th round pick start ahead a first & second rounder at tackle?"

And a 7th round pick that was cut by the team who drafted him.

Hobspin is probably one of those failing politician types who has failed all the way along and everyone has noticed but him.

Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-open-season It's about half-way down, Hobson is answering 'Jim'.

But yeah, 'May have had their struggles..."? Gaah
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 12:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He tried to spin it but all that I heard was that we whiffed on a couple of high draft picks and are too stubborn to move on. 

Not sure who he thinks he's fooling. I imagine he might just be having fun with it at this point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Can't wait for his new piece on Hackenberg:
"How many teams can say they have a 2nd round pick on their practice squad?"
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Can't wait for his new piece on Hackenberg:

Or "I can see Marvs plan taking shape in two...maybe three more years" 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Can't wait for his new piece on Hackenberg:

Hey, his flaws are correctable and a he has quite a bit of natural/raw talent.

Maybe Van Pelt will finally get him going? Its too bad he couldn't have been signed earlier, then we could've seen him in the PS.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey, his flaws are correctable and a he has quite a bit of natural/raw talent.

Maybe Van Pelt will finally get him going? Its too bad he couldn't have been signed earlier, then we could've seen him in the PS.

Wanted to grab Davis Webb. Threw up when they added Hackenberg...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wanted to grab Davis Webb. Threw up when they added Hackenberg...

That would've been nice too.

Why does everyone hate my namesake?

I mean, EVERYONE *hates* Hackenberg.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Who was the 7th round pick? Hart? Redmond was a UDFA. I think that is WAY more significant than 7th over 1st round starter... Redmond wasn't even drafted and plays better then either of them.... Redmond > Fisher > Ced.

OL is a ridiculously hard job (and comparatively underpaid), so I don't blame the guys for not being the absolute best in the world. I would hate for them to feel bad about some of the stuff that gets said. I can block at the high school level, lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That would've been nice too.

Because he played with the Nittany Kittys - now emerging as OSU's #2 rival.  I do find it interesting that the kittys play beaver stadium though!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That would've been nice too.

I didn't like him at PSU, thought he was way overhyped. I do like McSorely a lot though.

I'd change my name.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 03:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey, his flaws are correctable and a he has quite a bit of natural/raw talent.

I was one of his biggest supporters out of college, especially since I'm a PSU fan and alumni.

Just blows me away how bad he has been in the NFL. Maybe he will put it together. Ton of raw talent, but has yet to put it together, and not sure if he will.

PS is the perfect spot for him right now.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Feel like this is similar to the "How many first round corners can you have on one roster (with his dry mouth slurp)." little comment he makes all the time.

Doesn't matter how many 1st round corners you have if they suck. Same thing with OGB and Fisher.
Reply/Quote
If anyone wants to know just how bad Christian Hackenburg is, just read this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/9/5/17823486/christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-cincinnati-bengals-sad?espv=1

I haven't seen a QB dumped on like that since Ryan Leaf.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If anyone wants to know just how bad Christian Hackenburg is, just read this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/9/5/17823486/christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-cincinnati-bengals-sad?espv=1

I haven't seen a QB dumped on like that since Ryan Leaf.

The fact that the Bengals let Woodside go for Hackenberg put a dent in my praise of them for this off season.

The guy is horrible ! He gives Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell a bad name.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The fact that the Bengals let Woodside go for Hackenberg put a dent in my praise of them for this off season.

The guy is horrible ! He gives Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell a bad name.

Oh man, Hackenberg is hilariously bad.  He's like if Bort Bortles played every game blackout drunk. All joking aside, is there any positive tape on this guy? Even the reports of his practices are full of INTs and hitting sideline reporters with wildly errant passes. This guy should be our starter...actually, I can't even jokingly make a "Hackenberg wagon" he's so bad. Hackenwagon?
Reply/Quote