Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front office
They can't trade Higgins after the season. He will be a free agent. If they franchise tag him, he still must sign an actual contract before a trade can take place. If he is traded it must happen before Nov 1

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The only failure the FO has done is not keep the coaches accountable for constantly underperforming. Having Bell walk was a mistake too. Everything else has been fine. OBjr has preformed like a top LT so far. So that was a great move

They have a couple successes, but the failures far outweigh the successes. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I will debate some of your points

They failed to address and add a legit backup QB when they knew Burrow's calf was ******.

2. They cheaped out on tight end and added a complete liability in Irv Smith. They didn't draft one to groom.

3. They didn't replace or re-sign Perine with a legit third down back capable of blocking/giving you something in the pass game.

4. They cheaped out and let BOTH Bates and Bell walk.

5. They did nothing to help the severly deficient pass rush other than draft a project with their first round pick.

6. They failed to re-sign Higgins.

All with 13 million in current cap space and 70 million in cap space next year.

Bates is playing like an all pro this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They have a couple successes, but the failures far outweigh the successes. 

I agree. Keeping Zac has made every decision they've made almost moot
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I will debate some of your points

They failed to address and add a legit backup QB when they knew Burrow's calf was ******.

2. They cheaped out on tight end and added a complete liability in Irv Smith. They didn't draft one to groom.

3. They didn't replace or re-sign Perine with a legit third down back capable of blocking/giving you something in the pass game.

5. They did nothing to help the severly deficient pass rush other than draft a project with their first round pick.

I might add, the Jets signed Semian, so evidently he is still one of the better backups available. Browning beat him out for the job here, let's see what he has on the field. Everyone wants to just writye him off as horrible, but he has never taken a snap with our first team offense. 
Hill is going to be twice the player Bates was if he continues on his trajectory
Murphy just got his first sack. Give him a minute to get accustomed to the NFL
Reply/Quote
2. Most consider our WR unit to be the best of the league, the Chase-Higgins-Boyd combo should be enough to put up points on the board and win games. I don't think we are a good TE away from being a good offense, just look at the Dolphins, Eagles, Bills, Cowboys, Seahawks. Most teams with winning records don't have great TEs on their roster. Hayden Hurst and C.Z. Uzomah would not turn this squad into 4-0/3-1 team now.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: Don't change history. You claimed it was a failure literally 24 hours into free agency. You created your thread before teams could legally even sign people. The Brown signing hadn't even been a thought before you made your thread. 

Your thread at that time was, is, and always will be nonsense regardless of the outcome of this season. 

It was made immediately after it was known Bates and Bell went elsewhere, because that's all I needed to know it was a failure.

The Brown signing came as a suprise, even for the Bengals Front Office, but that didn't change my position.

Just say that you were wrong and I was right.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bates is playing like an all pro this year. 

Yuuuuup
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bates is playing like an all pro this year. 

So is Hill then, or very close to. 

Scott definitely appears to be a garbage signing though. Don't get not paying for Bell or someone better. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah 1, 2, 3 and 6 wouldn't even make my shortlist of gripes with the FO.

5 is debateable. We've got a pretty good rotation on the DL and further invested a 1st round pick. Hard to judge our defense when they are not being complemented at all by our offense.

They were prepared for 4 and drafted an heir apparent and Dax has been a bright spot. But I can agree that it should have been a "one or the other" deal rather than losing both.
Reply/Quote
I don't totally discount everything you said weezy, however. Our main problem, top of the heap right now is Joe Burrow is playing at like 1/3 of his ability!!

That makes everything else including the defense look way worse.
Reply/Quote
been calling for a legit backup since burrow was drafted lol
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:56 PM)Bengalion Wrote: ...Hayden Hurst and C.Z. Uzomah would not turn this squad into 4-0/3-1 team now.

I 100% DISAGREE with this statement.
Of course it's just my opinion, man.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 1. They failed to address and add a legit backup QB when they knew Burrow's calf was ******.

Am I missing anything else?

I know we are all frustrated right now, but man...looking back it's kind of obvious this was going to be a shit show. Especially when Burrow injured his calf and all of the "will he or won't he play" hooplah started.

This team has some holes on it and it's only going to get worse. Reader, Boyd, Higgins, Chido, Jonah are all on the block next year.

Time to nut up, front office.
The only thing I disagree with is number 5.
we actually have 12 sacks and are on pace for 51 sacks this season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: been calling for a legit backup since burrow was drafted lol

Agree

I get the argument you can't have Dan Marino sitting on your bench, butt. Is Browning really the best we can do??
Reply/Quote
You always need a great backup when you have a hurt QB because you don’t wanna have to completely build a new offense if Burrow is hurt. You signed a guy then didn’t even activate him and the Pats scooped him up.

Atp i feel like a trade is the only option
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:32 PM)TheFan Wrote: So is Hill then, or very close to. 

Scott definitely appears to be a garbage signing though. Don't get not paying for Bell or someone better. 

Dax Hill is not playing like an all pro. He's been solid, but he's had his issues at times. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:32 PM)TheFan Wrote: So is Hill then, or very close to. 

Dax could end up being that guy by year-end but thank you for admitting that losing Bates AND Bell set the team back.
Reply/Quote
The pass defense isn't the problem. It's being 31st in RUN defense.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I will add a error the front office made.
Not adequately replacing Samaje Perrine.
The Bengals have got zero production
From the RB2 spot
Reply/Quote