Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fry left over pizza
Good tip if you like your crust crispy. Medium heat with a cover, for about 5 minutes. 

Hell, I don't think I'll ever eat pizza again; without frying it this way, first. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Never tried that. Like, fried in oil?

I always reheat it in the oven. 400 for 4-5 minutes, tastes like it just came out of thge cardboard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like cold pizza so I generally don't reheat it. I also like pizza that has sat out overnight in the box and the dough is super tough.
Reply/Quote
 No. 'Fry' may be the wrong word. 

Just put a slice or two into a frying pan with no oil; on medium heat and cover for about five mins (or longer if you'd prefer). 

I just did this with a Lil Caesar's pizza left over from last night and the crust was amazing, even for a crummy LC's pizza. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:08 PM)treee Wrote: I like cold pizza so I generally don't reheat it. I also like pizza that has sat out overnight in the box and the dough is super tough.

I like it like this too sometimes. In fact I had a cold piece while I (fried) the other two. 

This frying method makes the crust perfectly crispy, in my opinion -- like those corner pieces from Jet's Pizza. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I like it like this too sometimes. In fact I had a cold piece while I (fried) the other two. 

This frying method makes the crust perfectly crispy, in my opinion -- like those corner pieces from Jet's Pizza. 

I'll give it a try some time. As we all know, microwaving pizza is horrible so I'm always open to an alternative. 
Reply/Quote
Most pizza crust gets stale really quick. So I always dampen the crust before warming it in a toaster oven. You don't want to get it too wet so that it is soggy, but just damp enough so that it is like "steaming" stale bread. It keeps the crust from getting hard as a rock.

I do the same thing with old bagels when I toast them.
Reply/Quote
BTW I have eaten tons of leftover pizza in my life. I am 51 years old and lived by myself for pretty much all of my life except for a couple of years in college and 6 years when I was married. Always had lots of pizza leftover when I ordered one.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:15 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote:  No. 'Fry' may be the wrong word. 

Just put a slice or two into a frying pan with no oil; on medium heat and cover for about five mins (or longer if you'd prefer). 

I just did this with a Lil Caesar's pizza left over from last night and the crust was amazing, even for a crummy LC's pizza. 

I just heard about this hack a few months ago, tried it, and it does work really well. Eliminates a soggy crust, and flavor is about the same as it was originally.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
OP, for some reason your title made me think of the cartoon series Futurama.
Reply/Quote
Think I might try this w soggy French fries as well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 10:16 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Think I might try this w soggy French fries as well. 

It works, to a degree. If they aren't too soggy, you can re-deep fry them and they turn out decent.

Good fries are supposed to be fried twice anyway.
Reply/Quote
Been doing this for awhile. I actually thing it tastes better than the original. ThumbsUp
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:31 PM)treee Wrote: I'll give it a try some time. As we all know, microwaving pizza is horrible so I'm always open to an alternative. 

put a small glass of water in the microwave with the pizza... but generally don't go over 30-45 seconds.

If I have the choice of reheating in the oven or eating it straight out the fridge.. Well I'm not a patient person when hungry. (also don't stick directly in the fridge in the pizza box... Put each piece into a ziplock baggy... they last longer that way.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: put a small glass of water in the microwave with the pizza... but generally don't go over 30-45 seconds.

If I have the choice of reheating in the oven or eating it straight out the fridge.. Well I'm not a patient person when hungry. (also don't stick directly in the fridge in the pizza box...  Put each piece into a ziplock baggy...   they last longer that way.

Another good point. I usually just put mine in some tupperware with wax paper in between each layer.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 10:16 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Think I might try this w soggy French fries as well. 

I hate limp soggy fries.  I always throw them in the toaster oven or under the broiler in my oven to crisp them up.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:26 PM)Benton Wrote: Another good point. I usually just put mine in some tupperware with wax paper in between each layer.

Foil also works good.. tuberware should be good enough if you have some that fit pizza slices just the open air in the fridge will kill it fast in a box.

As far as frys go.....once they are cold they go in the trash can lol
Reply/Quote
Great tip, DA. Had some Marco's thin crust last night, and wanted to have some lunch before kickoff today, and remembered your advice about frying. The wife came into the kitchen and said she'd tried the same thing with some deep-dish pizza years before, but it didn't heat well. Not the case with my pizza today, though. Crust was night and crispy.

I'm done baking/nuking my pizza ever again.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote