Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Little What If
Okay, here's the situation. Something's happened and neither Trump nor Biden are eligible to be president. A special vote is held to determine who will be the replacement candidates. This being 2020 the rules have been changed.

Republicans can only vote for the new Democratic candidate but they can choose who it is but their choices are limited to only those who were a part of any of the Democrat debates that Biden participated in this past election cycle.

Democrats can only vote for the new Republican candidate but they can choose who it is but their choices are limited to only the Republicans in the Senate.

Independents can vote for either the new Republican or Democratic candidate but their choices are limited to only those in the House of Representatives.

So who would get your vote in this scenario?

For me, I'd probably vote for Tulsi Gabbard. I think she was the most centric and levelheaded Democrat and, honestly, if she had somehow won the nomination, I'd consider voting for her over Trump.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Only Republican I can see the Dems nominating is Mitt Romney maybe?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Klobachar
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:25 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Only Republican I can see the Dems nominating is Mitt Romney maybe?

I don't know a whole lot about him (I'm in PA) but John Kasich seems pretty popular with democrats.
Reply/Quote
Lisa Murkowski has the highest score of any GOP Senator from the Human Rights Campaign with a 55%, which is pathetic. Even then, she didn't support ending conversion therapy or discrimination against the LGBT community in education, housing, credit, or jury selection.

If forced to select, though, I would pick her.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know a whole lot about him (I'm in PA) but John Kasich seems pretty popular with democrats.

He's a former governor, not a senator, so he's out. 

I'd prefer picking from any former Republican governor as I tend to value the executive experience over legislative. Gary Johnson 2020.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I suppose Gabbard. But if I could pick someone who wasn't in the debates, I'd say Val Demings. Biden should have picked her. She gets points for me being an ex police officer.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's a former governor, not a senator, so he's out. 

I'd prefer picking from any former Republican governor as I tend to value the executive experience over legislative. Gary Johnson 2020.

Well, I voted for Johnson twice but he doesn't count as a republican anymore, does he?  Anyways, I'm registered LN so voting party line on this one wouldn't be in the spirit of the actual hypothetical.

I'll just write in Jesse Ventura.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with Thomas Massie. The 3rd rate grandstander from Kentucky. LOL
Reply/Quote
I thought about voting for McConnell...if he's out of the Senate maybe things will get done and I truly believe he was completely incompetent enough to just quit after a year.

Then I thought about Lindsey Graham just to see who he'd pick for First Lady duties.

But outside of that I'd probably say Marco Rubio.  He's probably not going to do anything of note.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I'd nominate and vote for anyone who can stop the constant screeching I keep hearing from either side on a daily basis for the last 6 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 12:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'd nominate and vote for anyone who can stop the constant screeching I keep hearing from either side on a daily basis for the last 6 years.

Sorry, I wanted this hypothetical to have at least SOME portion of it based in reality.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
As an independent selecting from only The House, I’d probably go with Katie Porter. I’m a big fan of facts and whiteboards. Maybe Barbra Lee for her anti-war views.
Reply/Quote
Good thread starter Guts.

I think I’d go Tim Scott.
Reply/Quote
Not in Senate but if forced to vote for a republican I would say Kasich or Jon Huntsman.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:37 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I suppose Gabbard.  But if I could pick someone who wasn't in the debates, I'd say Val Demings.  Biden should have picked her.  She gets points for me being an ex police officer.

Demmings would have been my choice for VP also.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 01:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Good thread starter Guts.

LOL
Reply/Quote
I’ll write in Joe Rogan.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:31 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’ll write in Joe Rogan.

Oooooooooh, I'd vote for him. 
Reply/Quote