Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Sunday read
https://www-cincyjungle-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/3/22/21189488/debunking-every-argument-for-the-bengals-to-trade-the-first-overall-pick?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2020%2F3%2F22%2F21189488%2Fdebunking-every-argument-for-the-bengals-to-trade-the-first-overall-pick

Nit anything official, but I enjoyed reading it.
Reply/Quote
I can’t really accept a scenario where we give up Burrow. Although I have been somewhat open to the idea in the past, I just can’t see it now. I know one guy doesn’t make a team, but if we don’t go get him then we may be stuck with that rain cloud that has been over the organization for the last 30yrs. Yet, I know our luck also and the probability of something bad happening regardless of what we do. Not pessimistic, just how things seem to turnout.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He makes some really good points. I particularly like this one:

Joe Burrow with no help is going to struggle in Cincinnati
Joe Burrow with no help is going to struggle in Miami. Remember how the Dolphins got all of these picks in the first place? They traded away all their best players.

Here are the options for Burrow then: go to the Bengals who have some picks, or go to the Dolphins who have no picks.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www-cincyjungle-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/3/22/21189488/debunking-every-argument-for-the-bengals-to-trade-the-first-overall-pick?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2020%2F3%2F22%2F21189488%2Fdebunking-every-argument-for-the-bengals-to-trade-the-first-overall-pick

Nit anything official, but I enjoyed reading it.

I got that sent to my phone.  The whole thing is a constructed narrative fueled by sports talking heads having nothing to talk about and a bunch of deluded Dolphin fans hoping against hope.  If they hadn't done such a shitty job tanking, this wouldn't even be an issue.

The one thing in it that was noteworthy and with which I agree is that if the Bengals took the half dozen or so picks and made the trade, the Phins would have a lot less draft capital to surround their new QB with talent.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He makes some really good points. I particularly like this one:

Joe Burrow with no help is going to struggle in Cincinnati
Joe Burrow with no help is going to struggle in Miami. Remember how the Dolphins got all of these picks in the first place? They traded away all their best players.

Here are the options for Burrow then: go to the Bengals who have some picks, or go to the Dolphins who have no picks.

All the while we have just added 3 good players in Reader, Waynes and Alexander.

Plus adding a Guard that the Cowboys fans didn't like losing in XSF.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All the while we have just added 3 good players in Reader, Waynes and Alexander.

Well Miami added a bunch of FA’s, too, but the fact that having none of those early round picks they traded away all their players for would really set them back.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well Miami added a bunch of FA’s, too, but the fact that having none of those early round picks they traded away all their players for would really set them back.

True.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should evaluate Burrows well as with other QBs, and evaluate any trade offers and weight what is bet for Franchise if they are dictated by talking heads or fan base then they are not making the correct decision. This does not mean they won;t draft Burrow but they might not.. The one decision they have seemed to make is to move on from Dalton... but that could be with another QB and multiple picks or Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 05:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The Bengals should evaluate Burrows well as with other QBs, and evaluate any trade offers and weight what is bet for Franchise if they are dictated by talking heads or fan base then they are not making the correct decision.  This does not mean they won;t draft Burrow but they might not.. The one decision they have seemed to make is to move on from Dalton... but that could be with another QB and multiple picks or Burrow.

Many could say most of the decisions this FO has made have been asinine and that maybe they should have listened to the fans.  Wink But I hear you. In most cases this would not be the case.

Reply/Quote
No way am I trading the Golden Goose for magic beans..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If they trade out of the pick I will lose it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 07:19 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If they trade out of the pick I will lose it.

Same here. Been watching Burrow light up Georgia today, dude is money should of had at least a couple more TD's in this game
if the Receivers weren't dropping balls. The other QB's in this draft excluding Tua are shit compared to him. The play where he 
alludes the pass rush, spins out of the tackle, bails to the right and hits Jefferson long is epic greatness.

This guy has to be in stripes to right all the bad shit that has happened to us poor Bengal fans over the years.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:56 PM)McC Wrote: I got that sent to my phone.  The whole thing is a constructed narrative fueled by sports talking heads having nothing to talk about and a bunch of deluded Dolphin fans hoping against hope.  If they hadn't done such a shitty job tanking, this wouldn't even be an issue.

The one thing in it that was noteworthy and with which I agree is that if the Bengals took the half dozen or so picks and made the trade, the Phins would have a lot less draft capital to surround their new QB with talent.

They are reaching for narratives to keep fans tuned in. No sports equals guys fearing loosing their jobs.

(03-22-2020, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All the while we have just added 3 good players in Reader, Waynes and Alexander.

We are moving in ways we’re not used to seeing this FO move. What is XSF?

(03-22-2020, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No way am I trading the Golden Goose for magic beans..

Damnit! So that’s what that story meant? Makes sense now. LOL 

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They are reaching for narratives to keep fans tuned in. No sports equals guys fearing loosing their jobs.

Yep.  Don't want the boss looking over and thinking what the hell do I need you for?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  Don't want the boss looking over and thinking what the hell do I need you for?

Hilarious

Some stories are starting to look like Nancy Drew writings.

Reply/Quote
By mid-April, there will be an answering machine at PBS and the outgoing message will be:

NO!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Many could say most of the decisions this FO has made have been asinine and that maybe they should have listened to the fans.  Wink But I hear you. In most cases this would not be the case.

We are a bit short sighted , the team ranks like13 to 15 the past 8 years in wins, so not all horrible moves..
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They are reaching for narratives to keep fans tuned in. No sports equals guys fearing loosing their jobs.

Xavier Su'a-Filo...

The Guard we got from the Cowboys. A LOT EASIER TO SAY XSF. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Xavier Su'a-Filo...

The Guard we got from the Cowboys. A LOT EASIER TO SAY XSF. Hilarious

Got it. Thanks.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We are a bit short sighted , the team ranks like13 to 15 the past 8 years in wins, so not all horrible moves..

We could have done better.

Reply/Quote