Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helping the sick
I was chatting with a friend of mine on Facebook today. She lives out in the wilder lands here in Arizona. I had posted something about the Bengals, and I was surprised by her response:

[Image: 123375434_10224315698063787_809319241652...e=5FC9BD20]

Her grandson's name was Wayne Ford and he passed in February of 2015 ( https://www.facebook.com/wayne.ford.3382 ). I believe he was 13. I think that would have been Marvin Lewis who called the boy.

I wish I had known at that time, especially since it is out here on my turf in AZ. I had no idea.

We have a lot folks here with big and good hearts who like help out as they can when they hear about sick children. If you ever hear of any young Bengals fans who are facing serious or terminal medical conditions, drop a line here and the Bengal Brotherhood will see what can be done to at least bring a little joy into their lives.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a good man, wish we could of brought that Super Bowl home that year for Wayne.

Nice thread Zona, gives me respect for Marvin Lewis, say what you want about the guy, he is a good person.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marvin is a good man, wish we could of brought that Super Bowl home that year for Wayne.

Nice thread Zona, gives me respect for Marvin Lewis, say what you want about the guy, he is a good person.

Agreed
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I was chatting with a friend of mine on Facebook today. She lives out in the wilder lands here in Arizona. I had posted something about the Bengals, and I was surprised by her response:

[Image: 123375434_10224315698063787_809319241652...e=5FC9BD20]

Her grandson's name was Wayne Ford and he passed in February of 2015 ( https://www.facebook.com/wayne.ford.3382 ). I believe he was 13. I think that would have been Marvin Lewis who called the boy.

I wish I had known at that time, especially since it is out here on my turf in AZ. I had no idea.

We have a lot folks here with big and good hearts who like help out as they can when they hear about sick children. If you ever hear of any young Bengals fans who are facing serious or terminal medical conditions, drop a line here and the Bengal Brotherhood will see what can be done to at least bring a little joy into their lives.

I believe Marvin has been an AZ resident for a decade or more, so I wonder if that played about in him learning about the boy.

Nonetheless, that was a wonderful thing to hear that he had done, and kudos to your notion of bringing these types of situations to everyone's attention to see how we can make an impact for them.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was always class....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 12:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Marvin was always class....

Guys who do their thing without an Instagram campaign are the real deal.  For Marvin I believe this is the tip of the iceberg
for his acts of kindness to the unfortunate.  No doubt he motivated others in the privileged world he worked to do the same.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don’t think anyone ever doubted Marvin’s character. I don’t think I ever heard a bad word about him, and I heard plenty of good. Add one more to the list and to reiterate someone previously, he did it quietly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
https://www.cff.org/give-monthly/

We have a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis and the whole Family are huge Bengal fans. Not sure if this is what you were looking for, and even if not, what a thoughtful post. When we eventually beat this disease with help from people like you, we are dedicated to raise money for other causes. There are so many out there, it’s heart breaking!!

We don’t have a direct link to fundraise for our team as we have taken a few years off. It’s hard to ask for donations from the same people year after year. The site above is a direct link to the CF foundation that has done great work and have made great strides in treatment. Another that has done great work is our own Boomer https://www.esiason.org/

Thanks for reading and there is so many worthy causes to support out there!
Reply/Quote
Even when I was in full blown dog Marvin out mode I always maintained he was a good man.

Good to hear.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:58 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: https://www.cff.org/give-monthly/

We have a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis and the whole Family are huge Bengal fans.  Not sure if this is what you were looking for, and even if not, what a thoughtful post. When we eventually beat this disease with help from people like you, we are dedicated to raise money for other causes. There are so many out there, it’s heart breaking!!

We don’t have a direct link to fundraise for our team as we have taken a few years off. It’s hard to ask for donations from the same people year after year.  The site above is a direct link to the CF foundation that has done great work and have made great strides in treatment.  Another that has done great work is our own Boomer https://www.esiason.org/

Thanks for reading and there is so many worthy causes to support out there!

CF is a difficult disease to live with for the sufferer and the caregivers because it is chronic, serious, currently incurable and requires almost constant vigilance. I know you know this firsthand, but I state it for those reading who may not be familiar with it. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know it is a heavy burden, but one that I know you all bear bravely and with strong hearts.

I guess Boomer's son, Gunnar, is now 29. Lifespans have been increasing for people with the disease, but as I understand it is hard for them to survive past their 40's. Many die when they are much younger. We gotta beat this thing!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
My sister went the University of New Mexico in the late 80s. Some friend and her went on a ski trip where she unfortunately broke her leg. Well the football coaching staff was up there and one of the coaches drove her and her friends to the hospital. The coach was Marvin Lewis.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
You can have that app where famous people record a video for anyone/anything to be sent to the person paying (if they're up for it). That would be cool to get a video from AJ Green as a kid.
Reply/Quote