Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funko Vinyl POP
This came up during a P&R discussion so I figured I'd go ahead and make it a reality.

Post what POP figures you have/want and how you got them blah blah blah. Or just discuss them.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I'll go ahead and start.

First one I bought was a Disney Princess Snow White for the wife as just a random gift. I saw it at a Barnes and Noble and figured she might like it.

A couple weeks later I seen a tin with 3 mini figures - Batman, The Joker, and Harley Quinn. Given my wife and my own love of the Joker and HQ, I had to have it.

Then she got me a Venom bobble head because she felt bad for hurting my feelings on accident.

I bought her a Deadpool bobble head because she had a rough day at work.

She bought me an Alduin for Christmas this past year.

I think that's it. We look at them everytime we see them but we don't buy a lot of them because the comic shop we go to is big on anime and magna - things we're just not that into
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 11:00 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'll go ahead and start.

First one I bought was a Disney Princess Snow White for the wife as just a random gift. I saw it at a Barnes and Noble and figured she might like it.

A couple weeks later I seen a tin with 3 mini figures - Batman, The Joker, and Harley Quinn. Given my wife and my own love of the Joker and HQ, I had to have it.

Then she got me a Venom bobble head because she felt bad for hurting my feelings on accident.

I bought her a Deadpool bobble head because she had a rough day at work.

She bought me an Alduin for Christmas this past year.

I think that's it. We look at them everytime we see them but we don't buy a lot of them because the comic shop we go to is big on anime and magna - things we're just not that into

i wish the comic shops by us had a better selection of anime and manga

i have too many to name, so i'll post pics when i get home from work tonight
People suck
Reply/Quote
I've got a 10th Doctor, but only because I'm a Dr. Who fan, not really a POP fan. I've been trying to find a 9th (my favorite Dr.) but I live in western Kentucky — I should be happy I even found a 10th. Eventually I'll get the Dalek, but haven't gotten around to it.

My son has a couple Batman ones, and I got him two Fallouts (power armor and without power armor if I remember right).

[Image: Tenth-Doctor.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 11:29 AM)Benton Wrote: I've got a 10th Doctor, but only because I'm a Dr. Who fan, not really a POP fan. I've been trying to find a 9th (my favorite Dr.) but I live in western Kentucky — I should be happy I even found a 10th. Eventually I'll get the Dalek, but haven't gotten around to it.

My son has a couple Batman ones, and I got him two Fallouts (power armor and without power armor if I remember right).

[Image: Tenth-Doctor.jpg]

i found the 9th at a hot topic

if thats not an option for ya

http://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-TV-Doctor-Action/dp/B013TRVHV6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463585151&sr=8-2&keywords=9th+doctor+pop
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 10:55 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: This came up during a P&R discussion so I figured I'd go ahead and make it a reality.

Post what POP figures you have/want and how you got them blah blah blah. Or just discuss them.

I don't understand why anyone would want any of these things they take things I like or love and make them look stupid.

Don't have any Wont ever buy any.  I like things that look like they are suppose to not whatever these are.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't understand why anyone would want any of these things they take things I like or love and make them look stupid.

Don't have any Wont ever buy any.  I like things that look like they are suppose to not whatever these are.

debbie downer.  give me your addy so I can send you this guy.

[Image: 51%2BbckfSHxL._SX425_.jpg]

seriously though, hadn't heard of these things until it got brought up in that train wreck of a thread.  do you usually buy them at a physical store?  dont think ive ever seen them IRL.  guess ill have to get my bender from amazon.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't understand why anyone would want any of these things they take things I like or love and make them look stupid.

WELL NOBODY ASKED YOU!!

Cry

Sarcasm
People suck
Reply/Quote
So this was my first one:
[Image: Funko-Pop-Russell.jpg]

I have a four drawer lateral filing cabinet in my office and on top of it is a display of pins I gathered throughout my Scouting time and a stained glass Eagle Scout thing as well as a little sign that says "Once and Eagle, always an Eagle." My wife decided that Russell needed to be on top of my little sign and so he has resided there ever since.

After that, my wife started collecting what she calls her "nerd girl army," which is her collection of her favorite female characters in pop culture that they make figurines of. I have a collection of some MCU ones, the characters from Vikings, a couple of Harry Potter figures, Jay and Silent Bob, and Smaug that I picked up randomly because, well, dragon.

I want to get a Gandalf and a Dragonborn, I just haven't gotten around to it as of yet.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: debbie downer.  give me your addy so I can send you this guy.

seriously though, hadn't heard of these things until it got brought up in that train wreck of a thread.  do you usually buy them at a physical store?  dont think ive ever seen them IRL.  guess ill have to get my bender from amazon.

Comic shops, Game Stops, game shops. We take the kids to Florida a couple times a year and there's usually some at the Universal Studios type tourist traps.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Comic shops, Game Stops, game shops. We take the kids to Florida a couple times a year and there's usually some at the Universal Studios type tourist traps.

i need to start stopping into comic shops more often.  even though i'm not a big comics reader, i'd like to support them.  this is the kind of bs i could see myself buying.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Comic shops, Game Stops, game shops. We take the kids to Florida a couple times a year and there's usually some at the Universal Studios type tourist traps.

(05-18-2016, 01:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: i need to start stopping into comic shops more often.  even though i'm not a big comics reader, i'd like to support them.  this is the kind of bs i could see myself buying.

Also, for bigger name stores, B&N, Books-A-Million, Target. I like to shop local, so I usually hit up comic shops or pick them up at events. The thing is that if you really get into it you may find out there is an exclusive one for some retailer that you want and so you may have to trudge to B&N or somewhere else.

I have only purchased one more rare exclusive one and it was a gift for my wife. It was an SDCC exclusive and I had to eBay that shit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 01:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: i need to start stopping into comic shops more often.  even though i'm not a big comics reader, i'd like to support them.  this is the kind of bs i could see myself buying.

Comic shops usually have some good stuff. Clothes, collectibles, some odd books.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 01:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Also, for bigger name stores, B&N, Books-A-Million, Target. I like to shop local, so I usually hit up comic shops or pick them up at events. The thing is that if you really get into it you may find out there is an exclusive one for some retailer that you want and so you may have to trudge to B&N or somewhere else.

I have only purchased one more rare exclusive one and it was a gift for my wife. It was an SDCC exclusive and I had to eBay that shit.

I don't remember the last time I was in a B&N, and I only consume physical books.  Its a shame, bc I used to go in there all the time in HS and peruse different sections.  Still go to used book shops once a month or so, but the vast majority of my purchases are from amazon.  I'm part of the problem...  I know.  

(05-18-2016, 01:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Comic shops usually have some good stuff. Clothes, collectibles, some odd books.

Good wake up call for me here.  Need this reminders like these from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: debbie downer.  give me your addy so I can send you this guy.

i have this nice 2 foot tall guy

[Image: $_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i have this nice 2 foot tall guy

the funko is cuter

i stopped adding up money once i got to around 1500 dollars
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i have this nice 2 foot tall guy

I have a Joker figure and a mini-Pop of him. And a poster. And a hoodie. And a bunch of shirts. A belt. Yeah anyways my point is having a large detailed figure doesn't mean I don't want a little Joker on my desk at work.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
[Image: FU4470lg.jpg]

That's my only one I have.

I'm thinking of getting my son the Ninja Turtles. I've seen the Back to the Future ones and I'm considering those for myself.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 04:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: [Image: FU4470lg.jpg]

That's my only one I have.

I'm thinking of getting my son the Ninja Turtles. I've seen the Back to the Future ones and I'm considering those for myself.

I probably would get that one if I came across it. Was always a big Colossus fan. And Nightcrawler.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2PHG0cM.jpg]

My collection. I mostly collect Star Wars and Marvel. I like those because they're bobble heads. Usually get them at book stores, the comic book shop, or Hot Topic. I hate trying to find the Star Wars exclusives because they're all at Walmart, Target, and Walgreens and those stores do an awful job at stocking them and putting them consistently in one place.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote