Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny fan stories
(06-18-2017, 12:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have a totally different opinion about some of our fan base. Sometimes we suck! On the game mentioned above where I got ass punched, two of my customers were from Pittsburgh. As we walked out of the stadium there was a lot of harassment and vulgar in your face comments made towards them. It was the first and only time I was ashamed to be a fan. However, even though they were drunk and obnoxious, they only represented .0001% of our fan base. The fans in our section were very cool ( I got acquainted with them after seeing them so often) and they were very respectful. There was several fights that day in the stands before the game even started, I was a tad nervous something like that could happen. But everyone was real cool until we were exiting.  Yet I've heard several stories of fans dumping beer on or picking on opposing team fans at PBS. Byt like every team, we all have the minority of fans who become douchebags after a few beverages.

You don't think a Bengals fan would get similar treatment at Heinz? Fwiw, that's how any team's main rival is going to get treated if they set foot in the stadium. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sunday night 2012, Paul Brown Stadium. We lose at home to the Steelers again after getting out to 14-3 lead.

My son and I were the only Bengals fans in 3 rows of Steelers fans that were sitting around us. They were giving us hell after they went up in the 4th quarter and it made the experience terrible. That wasn't the worst part though, that was yet to come on the spiral staircases leading out of the stadium.

Im sure some of you have been to a Bengals- Steelers game but if you haven't let me sum up what losing is like. Imagine thousands of moronic Steeler fans chanting "Here we go Steelers" the whole time you are walking out. It sucks to have spent so much money on a game only to hear that shit for 15 minutes lol. The worst part of the whole story though is there were these drunk Bengals fans walking out with us a few people back and they were saying the lamest smack talk ever.

They were saying stuff like " You guys are the big bad Steelers and you only beat us by 7!!" Thats pathetic, you are supposed to be all big and bad and you can only beat the Bengals by 7" It was so lame that I told them to shut up and they were embarrassing themselves and then they wanted to fight me and get up in my face. Now all the Steeler fans were trying to calm us down and separating us. So not only did we have to watch the Bengals once again lose to the Steelers with all their fans sitting around us and chanting after the game, we had to almost get into a fight with our own fans and have the Steeler fans be the mediators!! Worst game ever!!
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You don't think a Bengals fan would get similar treatment at Heinz? Fwiw, that's how any team's main rival is going to get treated if they set foot in the stadium. 

Absolutely. That's why I wont go to a game at Heinz field and leave with my jersey on. I will take that thing off before departing the stadium. People get friggen killed nowadays just over stupid shit like that. By doing so, it's not that I don't take pride in my team win or lose, its just plain common sense. Actually, I would never go to Heinz field period. I just hate that city and the despicable fans.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The year the Ravens signed Boldin I went to the home opener against them and it was a defensive game which we barely squeaked out a victory. Their were 2 guys who had just bought Boldin jerseys and kept yelling out how Boldin was gonna save the day and of course he never did. After the game there was a Bengals fan that kept yelling in the hilariously obnoxious voice "ANNNNNQUAAAAN BOLDIN! TO THE RESSCCUUUEE!" loud enough for the Ravens fans to hear literally every time we went down a ramp.

We were pretty high up too so it went on a while.. LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 03:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Absolutely. That's why I wont go to a game at Heinz field and leave with my jersey on. I will take that thing off before departing the stadium. People get friggen killed nowadays just over stupid shit like that. By doing so, it's not that I don't take pride in my team win or lose, its just plain common sense. Actually, I would never go to Heinz field period. I just hate that city and the despicable fans.

I'm okay with verbally taunting opposing fans that come to your stadium. I'd actually encourage that. Physical violence is crazy though. I guess that's what happens when you pack 60k fans in a cramped area and serve them alcohol. It sucks, but there are things the NFL could do to make it safer for people. That would cost them money though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 05:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm okay with verbally taunting opposing fans that come to your stadium. I'd actually encourage that. Physical violence is crazy though. I guess that's what happens when you pack 60k fans in a cramped area and serve them alcohol. It sucks, but there are things the NFL could do to make it safer for people. That would cost them money though.

Disagree with you there Shake. Taunting leads to anger, anger leads to violence.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 05:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Disagree with you there Shake. Taunting leads to anger, anger leads to violence.

Idk, I've had plenty of times where I heckled back and forth with some other fans without it leading to somebody getting punched in the face or shanked.

Taunting leads to violence if you're dealing with drunks and/or people prone to violence. Unfortunately, there are too many of these types at NFL games. Agree to disagree I guess. 
Reply/Quote
I will never get front row seats again on the 35yd line. Picture this, I'm just kicking back drinking a BudLight draft and the players come out for pregame warmup. Everything was cool, very nice day (I would say upper 70's with a nice breeze). So, I'm sitting in my seat kinda looking forward to the day when Andy starts playing pass to warm up. I started feeling a little adrenaline rush.

I was on my 4th beer which is usually nothing. However, I started slobbering profusely. Then, I started shaking and moving around in my seat. I am focused on the perfect spiral back in forth. My excitement became a little more than I could possibly handle. Then, the most embarrassing thing happened.

I jumped the wall. I needed that ball. It was like they were playing keep-away. I ran back and fourth between those two just memorized on the ball. I was a little off my game though and found myself running sideways at times between passes. Then the horror happened.

I was being pursued by some douchebags that wore a yellow vest which read "STAFF!" They pursued me pretty hard, but I couldn't stop going after the ball for some reason. Then, some ass stepped on my tail (still contemplating a lawsuit over that shit) and wrapped me up, took me back to the 35 and handed me over to my wife. Then, actually had the ordacity to tell her to control me.

My wife giggled as she laid her beautiful eyes at me and told me to "sit!" Knowing i better be good if I expected a treat back the hotel, I obeyed her. Then we went back to hotel after the victory over the Steelers 27-0, and I got a treat. After the treat, I propped a pillow, cracked a beer and turned on the Sportscenter.

Unfortunately, I was on TV in the "Come on man." Segment. I got so distraught I pissed on the carpet (sorry Embassy Suites).

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 12:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Here's the box score from the game I think you guys are talking about:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CIN/CIN198008080.shtml

August 8th, 1980. I was in my mama's belly for that one.

Well, i'm mixing up games then. The one i was at was at was a day game and hot as hell. 

Hmmm. Now i'm going to have to try and find out what game i was at with her. 

Looks like it was the Sunday game they lost 7-1. 97 friggin degrees. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 05:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk, I've had plenty of times where I heckled back and forth with some other fans without it leading to somebody getting punched in the face or shanked.

Taunting leads to violence if you're dealing with drunks and/or people prone to violence. Unfortunately, there are too many of these types at NFL games. Agree to disagree I guess. 

Really? You seem like a super nice guy. You don't mind if I take some jabs at you before September 25th lol. Its all in good fun. After one of us is going to need some Kleenexes haha.
Reply/Quote
I've been to a bunch of Giants-Bengals games in New Jersey and always have been treated by Giants fans pretty well. There's no rivalry and we rarely play the Giants (before the new schedule rotation came out) so I am sure that's part of it.

I remember being at the game in 2008 where the Bengals lost in overtime. That was the game that Carson Palmer hurt his elbow and was never the same if you ask me. The Giants kick the game winning field goal in overtime and I am getting out of my seat to head out. There was a line of people waiting to get to the stairs and as I am waiting with my group, a guy comes over and puts his arm around me as he was shaking his head. He said, "I feel for you Bengal fans. You always seem to play us tough and once again we got lucky. I really hope you guys turn it around. Your fanbase deserves it. I see more Bengal fans at this game than I usually see Eagle fans here." I thought it was pretty cool.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 05:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm okay with verbally taunting opposing fans that come to your stadium. I'd actually encourage that. Physical violence is crazy though. I guess that's what happens when you pack 60k fans in a cramped area and serve them alcohol. It sucks, but there are things the NFL could do to make it safer for people. That would cost them money though.

Not to get too far off topic, but I believe their lack of security at games is now costing them money....not enough, though, with the TV deals they have.  I have no problem with verbal jousts, but when people throw beer, punches, or such, they should be tossed out and not allowed to return.  
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not to get too far off topic, but I believe their lack of security at games is now costing them money....not enough, though, with the TV deals they have.  I have no problem with verbal jousts, but when people throw beer, punches, or such, they should be tossed out and not allowed to return.  

Are they allowed to return? I always assumed fist fighting was an automatic lifetime ban from the stadium. If it's not, it damn well should be
Reply/Quote
Not so much a funny story but an awkward one. I got divorced about 10 years ago and decided to move back to Ohio from Washington. I went to quite few games back then and started dating a girl from Cincy. We dated for about 5 months and then 1 day I decided I couldn't live in Ohio for to much longer, so I moved back to Washington without so much a goodbye to her....... 6 years later my new wife and her youngest decide to visit my family and we go to a Monday night game against the Steelers and I have tickets in the south EZ about 20 rows up from the field. We are setting there during warm ups and the boy is all jacked up because he is seeing AJ, his favorite, I look over at some people coming down our row and guess who it is??? Unbelievable, we said hi and if looks could kill..........
Reply/Quote
You may not believe this, but many fights at the stadium are caused by women. 2 of the fights I mentioned above was husbands and wives. Guys have the tendency to let things slide off their back. Once the woman chimes in, it gets hairy there because a guy is not going to let another disrespect his woman.

Reply/Quote
Cincinnati was playing the Giants a few years back and the plane at the start of the game almost hit the score bored, very close. Would have probably killed us all.
Reply/Quote
Not a funny story but a dumb one ...

We had season tickets at Riverfront during the 1988 Bengals Super Bowl season. 

During the last game of the season, we were tied with the Redskins with time running down in the 4th quarter. The Skins were about to kick a short field goal and my wife and I decided to head to the car and leave early 'cause the FG try was a chip shot. 

About the time we got to the car we heard a loud roar from the stadium. Turned on the radio and heard the kicker shanked the ball off the upright. The Bengals won in OT and we missed the best part of the damn game.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 04:59 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Not a funny story but a dumb one ...

During the last game of the season, we were tied with the Redskins with time running down in the 4th quarter. The Skins were about to kick a short field goal and my wife and I decided to head to the car and leave early 'cause the FG try was a chip shot. 

About the time we got to the car we heard a loud roar from the stadium. Turned on the radio and heard the kicker shanked the ball off the upright. The Bengals won in OT and we missed the best part of the damn game.

Please tell me you were leaving under pressure from your wife or I'm going to be forced to ask to see your fan card.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 04:59 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Not a funny story but a dumb one ...

I remember this game so well. I got so pissed I turned the TV off and swore I would never watch football again. I turned the TV back on 3 minutes later to see the game still on and they had missed the FG.  I think if we would have lost that game Buffalo would have had home field advantage.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I remember this game so well. I got so pissed I turned the TV off and swore I would never watch football again. I turned the TV back on 3 minutes later to see the game still on and they had missed the FG.  I think if we would have lost that game Buffalo would have had home field advantage.

Yep. Another thing to consider was the Bengals were sort of "average" after they started 6-0 that year. They had to rely on their running game because Boomer's shoulder was injured. The defense stepped up in the playoffs (as well as the rushing offense of course).

I was working at a Carvel in New Jersey and I was listening to that game against the Redskins. When he missed that FG, I screamed "YES!!" and 3 other customers were happy as well. I asked them if they were also Bengal fans and they said no. We are Giants fans and we hate the Redskins. Side note, the Giants played the Jets the next day and had they won, they too would have made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote