Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny fan stories
I've only got two.

In 2008, I was home for Summer break, in Reno. I decided to tag along with my mom to go to Costco. I noticed the line for memberships and returns was really long. I noticed this guy standing above everyone else, with a flat bed cart carrying some patio furniture. I looked at his face and noticed that it was Jeff Rowe. I couldn't believe that I was seeing an actual Bengal. I had a Bengals hat on, but I didn't want to go up to him since he looked a little peeved. We were leaving and I made eye contact with him. He noticed my hat, I nodded my head at him, and he just rolled his eyes. I wasn't sad when he was cut. Also did physical rehab next to him when he was still in college. He acted like a prick then as well.

In 2011, my wife, her family, and me went to the Bengals/Seahawks game in Seattle. I was the lone Bengals fan in this group. We were walking to our seats when I hear this guy just yelling. I look over to see someone in a Bengals jersey yelling at another person. They were wondering why a Browns fan would come to this game. I noticed the other person's jersey looked different, but they turned around and I saw the issue. Around this time, someone on ebay was making throwback jerseys (the ones that looked like the Browns) and selling tons of them with all sorts of old names. The guy being yelled at had a Ken Anderson jersey on. I looked at the guy yelling and could tell he was hammered. It was embarrassing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Ive made it to training camp for the past 10-11 years. Now that I have an 11 yr old son its great to see them up close and for him to meet players and get autographs. It was 2009 and first day of camp back in Georgetown, KY. He and I drove all the way from Columbus and as im pulling into Georgetown I realize my dumb a** forgot sharpies so we pulled into the Kmart. It was still about 2 hrs or so before practice so we go in all decked out in Bengals gear. I'm walking up an aisle and f**ing Chad Johnson was standing right there apparently grabbing stuff for the dorm. My son was only 5 but he had his chad johnson jersey on so Chad came over to give him a fist bump and my son just stood there. Had no idea who he was at first. And me in my shock barely got 3 words out but I shook his hand and then started texting my wife ..."you wont believe who I just ran into..."
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've only got two.

In 2008, I was home for Summer break, in Reno. I decided to tag along with my mom to go to Costco. I noticed the line for memberships and returns was really long. I noticed this guy standing above everyone else, with a flat bed cart carrying some patio furniture. I looked at his face and noticed that it was Jeff Rowe. I couldn't believe that I was seeing an actual Bengal. I had a Bengals hat on, but I didn't want to go up to him since he looked a little peeved. We were leaving and I made eye contact with him. He noticed my hat, I nodded my head at him, and he just rolled his eyes. I wasn't sad when he was cut. Also did physical rehab next to him when he was still in college. He acted like a prick then as well.

In 2011, my wife, her family, and me went to the Bengals/Seahawks game in Seattle. I was the lone Bengals fan in this group. We were walking to our seats when I hear this guy just yelling. I look over to see someone in a Bengals jersey yelling at another person. They were wondering why a Browns fan would come to this game. I noticed the other person's jersey looked different, but they turned around and I saw the issue. Around this time, someone on ebay was making throwback jerseys (the ones that looked like the Browns) and selling tons of them with all sorts of old names. The guy being yelled at had a Ken Anderson jersey on. I looked at the guy yelling and could tell he was hammered. It was embarrassing.
I took my oldest stepson to that game, he was 10 at the time, and everybody was cool to us till we were waiting for my wife to pick us up. We were standing on a corner waiting to be picked up and few people said things but a couple younger guys who apparently had their first beer decided to get in my face and yelling vulgar stuff at us. One got a little to close to my son and I had to lay him out in front of a traffic cop. The cop came over and the guy's buddy were yelling to arrest me and the cop turned to me asked if I wanted press charges. I said no and told the cop I just wanted to get my son out of there. My wife then shows up and asked what was going on, I told her "nothing dear" and my son starts laughing and tells her, "dad just knocked that guy out!" 
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 12:36 PM)Air Force 1 Wrote: On a side note..I've seen a lot of Reds baseball games ..

As I teenager I was able to go to Riverfront Stadium and see Eric Davis play.

FOLKS I AM TELLING YOU,,

Watching him in batting practice wasn't like anything I've ever seen in my life !

He would hit rocket shots that would land in the yellow seats with regularity.

The sound of the ball coming off his bat wasnt' like any that I've ever heard.

No doubt.....I was fortunate enough to see his debut...

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 04:59 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Not a funny story but a dumb one ...

We had season tickets at Riverfront during the 1988 Bengals Super Bowl season. 

During the last game of the season, we were tied with the Redskins with time running down in the 4th quarter. The Skins were about to kick a short field goal and my wife and I decided to head to the car and leave early 'cause the FG try was a chip shot. 

About the time we got to the car we heard a loud roar from the stadium. Turned on the radio and heard the kicker shanked the ball off the upright. The Bengals won in OT and we missed the best part of the damn game.

My first ever live Bengals game Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 11:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not so much a funny story but an awkward one. I got divorced about 10 years ago and decided to move back to Ohio from Washington. I went to quite few games back then and started dating a girl from Cincy. We dated for about 5 months and then 1 day I decided I couldn't live in Ohio for to much longer, so I moved back to Washington without so much a goodbye to her....... 6 years later my new wife and her youngest decide to visit my family and we go to a Monday night game against the Steelers and I have tickets in the south EZ about 20 rows up from the field. We are setting there during warm ups and the boy is all jacked up because he is seeing AJ, his favorite, I look over at some people coming down our row and guess who it is???  Unbelievable, we said hi and if looks could kill..........

So you dated for five months, which means you have stuff at her place, she has stuff at yours.  Maybe you even discussed shacking up together.  Lots of people get married after knowing each other for a lot less time.  Your lives are intertwined, in other words.  Despite that, one day you decide to leave and move across the country (assuming you mean Washington state and not DC) without telling her.  I'm curious: how were those last days between you?  Was there sex going on, and could you look her in the eye knowing that you were splitting town?  How did you explain the empty boxes stacked in your living room?  When she asked about the Mayflower truck parked in the driveway, did you dismiss it by saying that it belonged to your neighbor and suggest getting pizza?  Did she visit your place after you left and break down the door thinking you were dead or incapacitated inside?  Did she get any of her stuff back?  Did you just ignore every single call/text she made to you, pleading for an answer? 

I'm trying to get a feel for the logistics of pulling off something like this.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The moral to these stories is when the Bengals or really any team you're following is losing late by just a little bit by ALL MEANS leave early to miss the best part. 
Then you'll always have a nice story to tell about what a dumbass you were that day and all your friends will of course tell you that they stuck around and...it...was....amaz....ing.. 
At which point you're forced to kill all your friends just to shut them up.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 05:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Disagree with you there Shake. Taunting leads to anger, anger leads to violence.
The way you phrased it this scene immediately came to mind LOL.
https://youtu.be/kFnFr-DOPf8
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote