Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Practice Squad announced
(09-04-2017, 01:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love how you throw in a negative Elliott article, but ignore how well in camp Bullock was doing rarely missing anything in practice. So in your mind Bullock sucks, Elliott just sucks more.

Why not just cut Bullock too and go get a vet who was cut if Bullock is so bad?

I love how you ignore Elliott's struggles. It allows you to pretend that Elliott did well, it's just that Bullock did even better. The truth is that Bullock did well and Elliott had some struggles. Hence the head ball coach saying "it wasn't close". Again...they wanted Elliott to win the job. They would've given it to him if he had a good camp and preseason, regardless of Bullock's performance. 

I wouldn't say Bullock sucks, but he's probably a below league average kicker. I'm sure you've seen me calling for the Bengals to sign Graham Gano. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bullock is not on his 5th NFL team in 6 years or whatever because he's been blowing everyone away with his kicking prowess ! And I don't have a ton of confidence he's gonna be a huge improvement over Nuge ? I hope he is ! But every FG I've seen him kick was a lower line drive with the ball slicing and hooking all the way there or in other words, not hit well.

Elliott hits the ball much better with plenty of height and in my limited view has a better leg. Problem is he can't keep it in between the uprights. Likewise I'm not sure he'd be an improvement over Nuge.

Fingers crossed one of them ends up being a good one and I really don't care which it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 04:34 PM)Seaneh Wrote: Jarveon Williams is my boy, can't wait to see him in preseason again next year

I agree can not wait to see him some more. He looks like a Gio out there fast but not afraid of contact. He will be a great replacement for Gio in case of injury God forbid.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 01:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love how you ignore Elliott's struggles. It allows you to pretend that Elliott did well, it's just that Bullock did even better. The truth is that Bullock did well and Elliott had some struggles. Hence the head ball coach saying "it wasn't close". Again...they wanted Elliott to win the job. They would've given it to him if he had a good camp and preseason, regardless of Bullock's performance. 

I wouldn't say Bullock sucks, but he's probably a below league average kicker. I'm sure you've seen me calling for the Bengals to sign Graham Gano. 

I did not ignore anything, I said the better kicker won. You are saying no one won, just one guy lost.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 01:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love how you ignore Elliott's struggles. It allows you to pretend that Elliott did well, it's just that Bullock did even better. The truth is that Bullock did well and Elliott had some struggles. Hence the head ball coach saying "it wasn't close". Again...they wanted Elliott to win the job. They would've given it to him if he had a good camp and preseason, regardless of Bullock's performance. 

You're right, Bullock is an average at best kicker who becomes less than that in crunch time. He did win the job because he was more consistent this summer, but i can't ignore his first really, really meaningful kick (to win the Indy game) being the one that he missed. 

Elliott is younger and a bit stronger. It would be quite nice if he could get his head on straight, and when Bullock falters--like he's destined to do--Elliott is ready to step in and be a solid, above average kicker. 

But let's be honest. Things don't work like that in Bengal Land. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bullock is not on his 5th NFL team in 6 years or whatever because he's been blowing everyone away with his kicking prowess ! And I don't have a ton of confidence he's gonna be a huge improvement over Nuge ? I hope he is ! But every FG I've seen him kick was a lower line drive with the ball slicing and hooking all the way there or in other words, not hit well.

Elliott hits the ball much better with plenty of height and in my limited view has a better leg. Problem is he can't keep it in between the uprights. Likewise I'm not sure he'd be an improvement over Nuge.

Fingers crossed one of them ends up being a good one and I really don't care which it is.

Hopefully Bullock will be kind of like the next Josh Brown (without the domestic violence stuff tho). Brown wasnt anything special til later on in his career. And ended up one of the league's best the last 5 years. Granted it took him years to get that good, so hopefully Bullock will show similar improvement but starting now. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Didn't see this posted. Last practice squad spot filled by Cole Toner offensive linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not ignore anything, I said the better kicker won. You are saying no one won, just one guy lost.

I've yet to see you admit that Elliott had struggles.

And yes...that's exactly what I'm saying. Elliott lost the job more than Bullock won it. It was his to win and Marvin admitted as much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 05:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Didn't see this posted. Last practice squad spot filled by Cole Toner offensive linemen.

Isn't Toner a Center? Think i remember that is his best position.

Hope this guy is better than Dielman who was always on the ground.

BTW, nice looking PS. Happy Wilson, DeShawn, Tapou, Bell and Elliott made it.

Oh and Jarveon Williams looked great that last game against the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Isn't Toner a Center? Think i remember that is his best position.

Hope this guy is better than Dielman who was always on the ground.

BTW, nice looking PS. Happy Wilson, DeShawn, Tapou, Bell and Elliott made it.

Oh and Jarveon Williams looked great that last game against the Colts.

Now I like this move. Liked this kid coming out of school. Hope he can impress the coaches and work his way on the 53.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:18 PM)phil413 Wrote: Says a lot about Whitfield that they kept 7 WRs and used a PS on one, especially with so many young ones in place long term.

I liked him at FSU.....he has potential.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Glad we kept Brandon Wilson

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Now I like this move. Liked this kid coming out of school. Hope he can impress the coaches and work his way on the 53.

Yeah, i remember liking the guy in college. Lot more than Dielman who was just a name. This kid can play some football.

Cole Toner C

This guy might come out of nowhere and surprise everybody on here.

Still hoping we let Bodine go after this year and draft a Center in round 1 or 2 though.

We solidify the middle and this team will be tons better. Never undervalue the Center position.

Look at the Falcons last season...

(09-07-2017, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I liked him at FSU.....he has potential.

Ahhh, remember the name and forgot he was a Seminole. Thanks Wyche. Cool

Like ole Kermit, fast dude with skills as a Receiver and on ST's.
Reply/Quote