Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GIO is no MIXON
To everyone who said, "we'll be fine" without Mixon.
What do you say now?
Reply/Quote
Bernard was not the reason why we lost. It would have been nice to have Mixon but I doubt it would have made a difference in the outcome of this game.
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon could have made a difference but no, this game wasn't lost due to Gio.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gio does the most with what he has, and he has good stuff. Is he Mixon? Of course not, but it doesn't help when the O-line can't handle a simple stunt, and your center tackles you. Gio came to play today and did fine.

As CB said, he was not the reason (or even A reason) why we lost.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Mixon has been on point so far this season, but he hasn't exactly reached the point where we should give up without him, quite yet.
Reply/Quote
Gio had nothing to do with this loss ! He had over 5 yards a carry average but we didnt get to run it much being behind the whole game. He also had 5 catches.

A RB is why we lost but his name is McCaffery
Reply/Quote
They would've lost if Mixon played too. Horrible all around.
Reply/Quote
Bengals only rushed 13 times. Gio ran it 12 of those 13 for 61 yards and one TD. That's 5.08 yards per carry and Mixon's average over 2 games is 4.8. He also had 5 receptions for 25 yards. He did very well and was on par with Mixon. You can't pin it on that when there were only 13 rushing attempts.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
We'll be fine
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: To everyone who said, "we'll be fine" without Mixon.
What do you say now?

I say maybe throwing 50 passes wasn't the exact right way to go.  This can in no way be pinned on Gio.  He ran well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: To everyone who said, "we'll be fine" without Mixon.
What do you say now?

I still would say the exact same thing.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I have no idea why the OP looks to slight Joe. Sure Joe doesn't average the 5.1 YPC that Gio did against a very good Carolina defense on the road; but I still think Joe can have a good season if he gets healthy,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I thought Gio had a fine game. He's definitely not the reason they lost.
Reply/Quote
Gio can’t run between tackles, IMO.
Reply/Quote
I say what I said before. Gios damn good.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:49 PM)McC Wrote: I say maybe throwing 50 passes wasn't the exact right way to go.  This can in no way be pinned on Gio.  He ran well.

I say if Mixon was in, they don't throw it 50 times.
Gio isn't a "ground n pound" type back... therefore, they went away from the ground game.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:13 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Gio can’t run between tackles, IMO.

EXACTLY!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I say if Mixon was in, they don't throw it 50 times.
Gio isn't a "ground n pound" type back... therefore, they went away from the ground game.

When your playing from behind you throw. We were playing from behind today. You don’t know the game sorry. Gio was awesome move on.

Edit: let’s say in theroy you’re right and they changed the game play for this week to pass more so they didn’t over work gio. How is that gios fault? Blame the play calling not the player cause he flat out balled today. You’re upset with the wrong people. Be upset with those that underperformed not the guy that balled out everytime his number was called.
Reply/Quote
What do you say now?

He's not Mixon, true. But since there aren't any Mixons available Gio will have to do. Look for Rawls to get on the field next week.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Gio had nothing to do with this loss ! He had over 5 yards a carry average but we didnt get to run it much being behind the whole game. He also had 5 catches.

A RB is why we lost but his name is McCaffery

You think so? I honestly didnt swe anything impressive out of him. I think pretty much any RB in the league could have ran for close to 150 with the holes he had all game. There were numerous times he was 15 yards downfield before even touched and not because of anything he did. 
Reply/Quote