Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP office in NC firebombed and vandalized overnight
Sickening. This is the kind of stuff that tempts me to vote for Trump. Don't make me vote for Trump.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/gop-office-firebombed-overnight-in-north-carolina/
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Firebombed a building and left more vandalism explaining that the bombing was politically motivated

In other words, the actual definition of terrorism.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-16-2016, 07:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Firebombed a building and left more vandalism explaining that the bombing was politically motivated

In other words, the actual definition of terrorism.

Boys will be boys?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Super happy I re-registered to vote down here in NC, so I can vote against these human turds ThumbsUp (at least at the local level)
Just folks being open-minded
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
90% chance the headline on CNN right now is "peaceful protest outside of NC GOP office"
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-16-2016, 08:05 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Super happy I re-registered to vote down here in NC, so I can vote against these human turds  ThumbsUp (at least at the local level)

(10-16-2016, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just folks being open-minded

(10-16-2016, 08:18 PM)6andcounting Wrote: 90% chance the headline on CNN right now is "peaceful protest outside of NC GOP office"

I think we should wait for the investigation to start blaming people.

(Did I do that right?)
terrible
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-16-2016, 08:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think we should wait for the investigation to start blaming people.

(Did I do that right?)

And if it turns out that the GOP was to blame I can just ignore that evidence to fit my agenda. Because all cops...er I mean...democrats are racist pigs! Mellow

(Did I do that right?)
(10-16-2016, 09:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And if it turns out that the GOP was to blame I can just ignore that evidence to fit my agenda. Because all cops...er I mean...democrats are racist pigs! Mellow

(Did I do that right?)

No.

But SSF will be along to say you did.   Smirk
If this was a Dem office, there would be an FBI investigation with actual results.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Probably by someone who's super tolerant.
I'm still not sure why the GOP in NC would be upset with a swastika on their building.   Ninja
(10-16-2016, 10:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If this was a Dem office, there would be an FBI investigation with actual results.

Fairly certain there will be an FBI investigation.  

Probably some muslim immigrants with really good english penmanship. 
So, here is an interesting turn of events in all of this. I'm not going to post links, I will let you read what you want to on it, but there was a Democrat in Massachusetts that started a GoFundMe campaign to help rebuild the location. They had set a goal of $10, raised $13k. She encouraged other Democrats to give and while it certainly wasn't just them there was a large response. Lots of people leaving comments about not agreeing with the GOP, but how we can't tolerate this type of action. A lot of statements that I hope all of us would agree with.

There is, though, a bit of a disagreement over this going on. Many people are saying that they shouldn't give to this because it is essentially a NSA donation to the GOP, especially in NC where there has been an ongoing battle with civil rights issues for the LGBT community. They are arguing that giving is conflating empathy for the victims of violence with support of an institution that has been working to deny civil rights (in their eyes, not going to argue whether this is true or not).

So, this presents an ethical conundrum. What do you think?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-17-2016, 10:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, here is an interesting turn of events in all of this. I'm not going to post links, I will let you read what you want to on it, but there was a Democrat in Massachusetts that started a GoFundMe campaign to help rebuild the location. They had set a goal of $10, raised $13k. She encouraged other Democrats to give and while it certainly wasn't just them there was a large response. Lots of people leaving comments about not agreeing with the GOP, but how we can't tolerate this type of action. A lot of statements that I hope all of us would agree with.

There is, though, a bit of a disagreement over this going on. Many people are saying that they shouldn't give to this because it is essentially a NSA donation to the GOP, especially in NC where there has been an ongoing battle with civil rights issues for the LGBT community. They are arguing that giving is conflating empathy for the victims of violence with support of an institution that has been working to deny civil rights (in their eyes, not going to argue whether this is true or not).

Heard about the go fund me on the radio this morning.

I think, personally, I would not give because it was not an individual that had damage done but a large, well funded group.

Now...if the GOP decided to abandon the building and stuck whomever they are renting it from (if that is even the case) I'd donate because the individual was hurt.

Overall though I'm glad that the two-sides could put aside differences to do something and to agree that whoever did this is an idiot.
(10-17-2016, 10:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, here is an interesting turn of events in all of this. I'm not going to post links, I will let you read what you want to on it, but there was a Democrat in Massachusetts that started a GoFundMe campaign to help rebuild the location. They had set a goal of $10, raised $13k. She encouraged other Democrats to give and while it certainly wasn't just them there was a large response. Lots of people leaving comments about not agreeing with the GOP, but how we can't tolerate this type of action. A lot of statements that I hope all of us would agree with.

You can offer condolences for the attack, but do not donate.

Do they deserve to be victims of a fire bombing attack? No.

Do they deserve sympathy for what occurred to them? Yes.

Do they deserve money so that they can continue to fight against LGBT rights? No.

(10-17-2016, 10:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Heard about the go fund me on the radio this morning.

I think, personally, I would not give because it was not an individual that had damage done but a large, well funded group.

Now...if the GOP decided to abandon the building and stuck whomever they are renting it from (if that is even the case) I'd donate because the individual was hurt.

Overall though I'm glad that the two-sides could put aside differences to do something and to agree that whoever did this is an idiot.

County parties aren't necessarily well funded, even if this is the same county that Chapel Hill is in. Pretty liberal part of NC too, so their membership is probably low.

I'm sure the state party will help them, though, but it's not like this is the RNC.

(10-16-2016, 10:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.

But SSF will be along to say you did.   Smirk

I'm in your head so much you should be charging me rent.  Cool
(10-17-2016, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: County parties aren't necessarily well funded, even if this is the same county that Chapel Hill is in. Pretty liberal part of NC too, so their membership is probably low.

I'm sure the state party will help them, though, but it's not like this is the RNC.

Fair enough.  I was speaking in general terms of a group vs an individual.