Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 1: The Hero Club and the Goat Club
I am trying to put the players today into two general "clubs" - heroes and goats. So, who would you put in the hero and goat clubs today?

For me:

The Hero Club

Andy Dalton - No pass protection at all and still had a 114 Passer Rating, Game Winning Drive and 366 yards.

AJ Green - 180 yards receiving on Revis Island! Bunch of tough catches too.

Josh Shaw - Made it happen in the clutch with the INT to end it

The Goat Club

Russell Bodine - got owned all day causing unblocked defenders right up the middle

Kevin Zeitler - See Russell Bodine

The whole DL - no pressure against rookies
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree with your list, but I would but Hunt as a hero too. He played really well
Reply/Quote
Mostly agree with that Joe, not much to add.

I would maybe add LaFell in there, as he came up with a couple of big plays when we needed them.

Also Hunt, dude deserves a mention for bringing it today.
Reply/Quote
I'll give the D-Line a little slack. Fitz was releasing the ball very quickly and Geno was getting doubled team all day.
Reply/Quote
Hunt for sure. That field goal blocked was HUGE.
Reply/Quote
So who would your lists be?

I probably should have included Hunt but I keep remembering he was also part of an awful DL performance today too.
Reply/Quote
We were owned in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Abysmal performance erased by AJ & Andy.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am trying to put the players today into two general "clubs" - heroes and goats. So, who would you put in the hero and goat clubs today?

For me:

The Hero Club

Andy Dalton - No pass protection at all and still had a 114 Passer Rating, Game Winning Drive and 366 yards.

The Goat Club

Russell Bodine - got owned all day causing unblocked defenders right up the middle

Kevin Zeitler - See Russell Boden

This is what amazes me about some fans.  I have already finished my Crow Plate for Margus Hunt, and I also have just enough moxy to be dangerous and give credit where credit was due.  The Jets defense played a tremendous game today!!!

When our defensive line gets several sacks, we are all about what a great game the Bengals DL played!  We don't say, "Boy the other team's OL sure played bad today!!"

Come on people, give credit where credit is due for crying out loud!!!!!

The Jets defense finished 3rd last year, and seem to be a notch better this year!!!

There are going to be games when the other teams just plays better.  As unbelievable as it may sound, it happens in sports sometimes!!
Reply/Quote
Dalton actually went 20-23-290-1-0 (133.2 rating) over the last 3 quarters. With all that pressure and no run game, it was unbelievable really.

I'd also add:

Marvin Lewis: Good use of timeouts, which is something he gets ripped for.
Brandon LaFell: He's been ripped to shreds all offseason and went 4-91-0. Great first game.
DreKirk: Another guy who gets ripped. Made some good plays. Helped hold a great pass attack to 189 yards. Marshall caught 3 balls for 33 yards on 8 targets.
Dunlap: Had a couple nice pass blocks. That's one thing the d-line did right.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/lbg/5777145850.html
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am trying to put the players today into two general "clubs" - heroes and goats. So, who would you put in the hero and goat clubs today?

For me:

The Hero Club

The Goat Club

Kevin Zeitler - See Russell Boden

Don;t leave out the rest of line.. it was much more than Bodine and Zeitler today... 

How is Hunt and Nuge not a Hero
Reply/Quote
I'd add LaFell, Dansby & Jeremy Hill to the Hero list.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This is what amazes me about some fans.  I have already finished my Crow Plate for Margus Hunt, and I also have just enough moxy to be dangerous and give credit where credit was due.  The Jets defense played a tremendous game today!!!

When our defensive line gets several sacks, we are all about what a great game the Bengals DL played!  We don't say, "Boy the other team's OL sure played bad today!!"

Come on people, give credit where credit is due for crying out loud!!!!!

The Jets defense finished 3rd last year, and seem to be a notch better this year!!!

There are going to be games when the other teams just plays better.  As unbelievable as it may sound, it happens in sports sometimes!!

Yeah absolutely, the Jets DLine played a heck of a game. I'd still say it's a mix of both, we were really bad and they made us pay for it, I don't think the difference between the 2 lines is worth 7 sacks. But they played a game, I definitely think the Jets will be kicking themselves.
Reply/Quote
The Hero Club

Andy Dalton - No pass protection at all and still had a 114 Passer Rating, Game Winning Drive and 366 yards

AJ Green - 180 yards receiving on Revis Island! Bunch of tough catches too

Margus Hunt - Blocked field goal

Mike Nugent - Clutch kick to win it

Brandon Lafell - Green & Lafell 17 targets - 16 Catches ---- 4 catches 91 yards

The Goat Club

Kevin Zeitler - See Russell Bodine

The whole DL - no pressure against rookies and that drive with all the runs
Reply/Quote
Hero
Dalton
AJ
Hunt
Nuge

Goat
Entire offense line
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:36 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/lbg/5777145850.html

Rofl
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah absolutely, the Jets DLine played a heck of a game. I'd still say it's a mix of both, we were really bad and they made us pay for it, I don't think the difference between the 2 lines is worth 7 sacks. But they played a game, I definitely think the Jets will be kicking themselves.

I agree that of course the Bengals OL made mistakes but it was more of the Jets DL playing out of their minds, then the Bengals OL falling asleep.
Reply/Quote
Iloka for laying wood. Don't give a shit if he gets flagged. They'll think twice.
Reply/Quote
I thought Hunt played well today. Blocked field goal a QB hurry, more than he ever showed in the past.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:30 PM)SFmajor Wrote: I'll give the D-Line a little slack.  Fitz was releasing the ball very quickly and Geno was getting doubled team all day.

And there was no one on the bench to give him a rest.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote