Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Chippiness
The refs will play this game tight. Last week’s game got some big attention called to it, so that will force their hand.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The zebras were horrible to both sides. Jacksonville got hosed on several no-calls in the first half. WTS, how that game was reffed leads me to believe the NFL could rig a game. I don’t believe they do, but after that debacle, you can see where some get that opinion.

well Clay Martin, tonite's ref, tends to favor the home team so we will have to see how that pans out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: well Clay Martin, tonite's ref, tends to favor the home team so we will have to see how that pans out

I read something somewhere, maybe something you posted here, that the home team averages 1 less call against them during a game vs. their opponents.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I read something somewhere, maybe something you posted here, that the home team averages 1 less call against them during a game vs. their opponents.

I heard on a podcast the home team averages like 40 less yards in penalties in Clay Martin reffed game, the biggest discrepancy in the NFL this year. 
Reply/Quote
Tonight’s game against the Ravens will be like playing the Steelers under Bill Cowher. There will be cheap shots, punches, and at least one fight.
Reply/Quote
Chippy or not, protect Burrow and stop the run.

This game will be close and it will be a dogfight.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The zebras were horrible to both sides. Jacksonville got hosed on several no-calls in the first half. WTS, how that game was reffed leads me to believe the NFL could rig a game. I don’t believe they do, but after that debacle, you can see where some get that opinion.

When the NFL let Joey Porter as a pittsburgh LB coach walk out onto the field and antagonize Bengals players , ON THE FIELD, until a player responded, then they penalized the Bengals it showed the NFL has favorites.  Pittsburgh should have been flagged before he got half way to the Bengals players.  If I recall correctly the refs threw 3 straight 15 yard penalties to keep Pittsburgh on the field and put them in scoring position which gave them the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:49 PM)M.W. Wrote: I understood Bosa's dismay.  

Bosa was selfish.. as the official said looking at live speed was not that obvious... he got away with a helmet to head earlier and had a 15 yarder already.. he really helped lead to the loss 
Reply/Quote
Boy if there was a Bengals team that’s any farther away from any of those Marvin Lewis teams who were way undisciplined than this year’s squad is, I don’t recall it.

Always said Marvin loved the Ray Lewis, Vontaze Burfect, PAC Man Jones, Thurman type of players. Yeah, they were “chippy”, but they also cost us games at the most inappropriate times because of that.

This team ain’t them!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac needs to be in the refs ear early and often tonight.

[Image: v0FxmFf.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Officials on the Bills game letting a bunch of crap left uncalled. I expect the same for our game tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
After last nights game and todays, it appears helmet to helmet on QBs and defenseless receivers is no longer a thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 04:29 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Officials on the Bills game letting a bunch of crap left uncalled. I expect the same for our game tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(01-15-2023, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: After last nights game and todays, it appears helmet to helmet on QBs and defenseless receivers is no longer a thing.

All of that benefits Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nah.. as much as I'm not a fan of Zac, discipline is one of the things he's brought to this team. Granted, he can't control everyone's impulses on the field, but I am not concerned as much as I would if it was Marvin's team in the playoffs.

Marvin had a lot of strengths as a coach but keeping the players from boneheaded plays was not one of them. 
I also appreciate that Zac gets in the ears of the officials more. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 04:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: All of that benefits Baltimore.

Yup...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 04:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: All of that benefits Baltimore.

Exactly what the NFL wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 05:55 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Exactly what the NFL wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the NFL had a choice they would not want Baltimore without Lamar ahead of the Bengals. Nobody is tuning in to watch backups throwing to tight ends.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Jacksonville and Bills games show one thing, no lead is safe..
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 06:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If the NFL had a choice they would not want Baltimore without Lamar ahead of the Bengals. Nobody is tuning in to watch backups throwing to tight ends.

Exactly, anyone who thinks the NFL would want Baltimore to win doesn't understand how ratings or money works. Lamar isn't playing no matter what and there's no way anyone would not want Allen vs Burrow, a rematch of the Monday night game we didn't get to see. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:27 PM)M.W. Wrote: When the NFL let Joey Porter as a pittsburgh LB coach walk out onto the field and antagonize Bengals players , ON THE FIELD, until a player responded, then they penalized the Bengals it showed the NFL has favorites.  Pittsburgh should have been flagged before he got half way to the Bengals players.  If I recall correctly the refs threw 3 straight 15 yard penalties to keep Pittsburgh on the field and put them in scoring position which gave them the game. 

Yeah, that sucked.  But being there to see Peko run onto the field in a cape like some dime store superhero softened the blow a bit  LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote