Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Game ball
(10-04-2015, 05:30 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Haters gone hate.

There's an insightful analysis.
Reply/Quote
Dalton looked incredible today!

I am so happy to say that!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 05:43 PM)Utts Wrote: There's an insightful analysis.

Pot meets kettle
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 05:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol how did the defense do anything? They let the Chiefs score almost every possession and the offense was rarely on the field other than the very end of the game.

How many TD's did the chiefs score again? Our D basically played a dangerous "bend but dont break" strategy this game and it worked. Same strategy wont work against elite teams but I'll take Field Goals over TD's any day.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 05:33 PM)RASCAL Wrote: hey homer, whats "hate " got to do with the truth? Our offense is the reason we won today because of perfect red zone efficiency. 21-24 points should be the number to win by IF your defense is GOOD!!! Theirs wasn't! Way to go O!!!

Well the defense gave the offense the ball in the redzone and prevented a touchdown against an high powered offense. Pretty good if you ask me stats withstanding.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 05:57 PM)Element Wrote: How many TD's did the chiefs score again? Our D basically played a dangerous "bend but dont break" strategy this game and it worked. Same strategy wont work against elite teams but I'll take Field Goals over TD's any day.

They let the Chiefs stay on the field and allowed about 500 yards. Plus they let the Chiefs score almost every single possession. If we were playing the Seahawks we would have been in a track meet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:02 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Well the defense gave the offense the ball in the redzone and prevented a touchdown against an high powered offense. Pretty good if you ask me stats withstanding.

Lol when was the last time anyone considered the Chiefs a good offense? They were the worst team in the league in 3rd downs and was ranked really low on offense for the past few years.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol when was the last time anyone considered the Chiefs a good offense? They were the worst team in the league in 3rd downs and was ranked really low on offense for the past few years.

I'm willing to bet that their offense is one of the best in the league. Top 10 no?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:18 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I'm willing to bet that their offense is one of the best in the league. Top 10 no?

Maybe now that we allowed 500 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe now that we allowed 500 yards.

Or possibly because they have the best if not, one of the best running backs in the league along with Maclin, Avant, Smith, Keilsy?, and a hell of a coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:25 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Or possibly because the have the best if not, one of the best running backs in the league along with Maclin, Avant, Smith, Keilsy?, and a hell of a coach.

They were ranked 22 before this game. We let them have 200 more yards than what they have averaged this year. Not letting them have any TDs is good, but allowing their offense to stay on the field for that long can kill us. KC has a average to below average offense and yet we made them look elite. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:18 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I'm willing to bet that their offense is one of the best in the league. Top 10 no?

That depends on the category.  When I checked a few minutes ago (before the 1:00 game stats were in) they were 21 in offensive yardage and 7 in points.  Keep in mind when looking at those points (26.3 per game) 21 of those total points were "garbage" time points when GB softened up with their cofortable lead.  I guess if you spread those across 3 games you could make an argument it is less then 20 a game (of course no way to place where that is in standings since you'd have to adjust all teams having garbage points).

So yeah, a team getting 323 yards per game ripping off 460 yards is a poor showing for the defense.  I remember back before the Bengal defenses under Zim I'd hear fans happy with a bend but don't break defense and I would shake my head at the lack of truly good defenses those people experienced as fans.  I saw the late 70's Steel Curtain.  I saw the Nebraska Blackshirt defenses (I hat Callahan to this day for destroying that).  I saw the Chiefs defenses with the likes of Saleamua, Thomas and Smith.  Bend but don't break and live and die on the turnover (Bengals 2005 defense) is nothing to cheer.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They were ranked 22 before this game. We let them have 200 more yards than what they have averaged this year. Not letting them have any TDs is good, but allowing their offense to stay on the field for that long can kill us. KC has a average to below average offense and yet we made them look elite. 

All I know is Charles is a beast and we were lucky to hold him under 100yds and no touchdowns. Let that sink in a minute because that's rare not the norm. Your not going to stop Charles or Maclin from getting theirs. Just be happy we contained them.
Reply/Quote
"The Red Rocket!"
Hands Down! If you can Ninja
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:35 PM)Fresno B Wrote: All I know is Charles is a beast and we were lucky to hold him under 100yds and no touchdowns. Let that sink in a minute because that's rare not the norm. Your not going to stop Charles or Maclin from getting theirs. Just be happy we contained them.

Charles had 145 yards and Maclin had 148 yards. What are you talking about?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Charles had 145 yards and Maclin had 148 yards. What are you talking about?

Rushing or total? If so I'm surprsed.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:47 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Rushing or total? If so I'm surprsed.

Total. He gets a lot of his yards from passes.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Total. He gets a lot of his yards from passes.

I was talking about rushing. We held him under 100yds. Thats not the norm.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:55 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I was talking about rushing. We held him under 100yds. Thats not the norm.

Sure it is. He gets a lot of his yards from short throws like I said. Its never a good day when there are two ~150 yard players on the other team.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:35 PM)Fresno B Wrote: All I know is Charles is a beast and we were lucky to hold him under 100yds and no touchdowns. Let that sink in a minute because that's rare not the norm. Your not going to stop Charles or Maclin from getting theirs. Just be happy we contained them.

Maclin had 52 yards in week 1 and 57 yards in week 2.  He had 141 last week, mostly in garbage time for them.

Seems everyone else has had no problem keeping him down.
Reply/Quote