Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
Did anybody else liken Cersei's destruction of all her enemies in the Sept to Micheal Corleone removing all his enemies in the christening scene of the Godfather? I got that real strong vibe as I watched it play out.

Secondly, I also found it odd that Littlefinger basically told Sansa he wanted the iron throne. If it's the truth, that was uncharacteristically stupid of him. Or was it another ruse? Did he want to tempt her into something else with the lure of power?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 12:51 PM)Beaker Wrote: Did anybody else liken Cersei's destruction of all her enemies in the Sept to Micheal Corleone removing all his enemies in the christening scene of the Godfather? I got that real strong vibe as I watched it play out.

Secondly, I also found it odd that Littlefinger basically told Sansa he wanted the iron throne. If it's the truth, that was uncharacteristically stupid of him. Or was it another ruse? Did he want to tempt her into something else with the lure of power?

Littlefinger basically said he laid his cards out for them realm to see and had basically in the eyes of the rest of the realm declared for house stark...  his at a point of no going back he made his move in helping sansa.

I don't think he liked jon being named king of the north but he could possibly use that to help himself as littlefinger doesn't need to own the north if he has strong ally there.     Although he technically probly controls the north vale and riverlands by title.

So he wants the iron throne  the northerns don't.    But they do own him a lot for helping retake winterfel so he could try to use that to gain assistance elsewhere.    Sansa who spent time with the queen and littlefinger I think could outmaneuver both  but she should probly take up with littlefinger.  as the one thing that littlefinger has proven he has never lied about is his love for her and her mother.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 11:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They did set up "last time on GoT" which stated "Rhagaer kidnapped my aunt and raped her" (forget who said that). 

Sansa told Littlefinger that in the conversation in the crypt.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 12:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Littlefinger basically said he laid his cards out for them realm to see and had basically in the eyes of the rest of the realm declared for house stark...  his at a point of no going back he made his move in helping sansa.

I don't think he liked jon being named king of the north but he could possibly use that to help himself as littlefinger doesn't need to own the north if he has strong ally there.     Although he technically probly controls the north vale and riverlands by title.

So he wants the iron throne  the northerns don't.    But they do own him a lot for helping retake winterfel so he could try to use that to gain assistance elsewhere.    Sansa who spent time with the queen and littlefinger I think could outmaneuver both  but she should probly take up with littlefinger.  as the one thing that littlefinger has proven he has never lied about is his love for her and her mother.

Jon being declared "King of the North!" can create problems for Littlefinger's plan, and Littlefinger is well aware of that. It's true that Jon and the Northerners could care little about the Iron Throne. But Littlefinger's problem is that Dany is coming to seize the Iron Throne. She is looking at possible diplomatic marriages and can solidify her hold on the throne and unite the kingdom with a marriage to Jon. She may not be aware of the political situation in the North yet, but she will be when she arrives. For Jon's part, he is concerned about "what lies beyond the wall". He needs Dany's army and dragons to defeat that. For both Dany and Jon, this marriage would be a win-win situation politically (and they may even like each other, hook-up and create little Targ dragon babies to rule the world). 

When Littlefinger disclosed his plan to Sansa, it had nothing to do with any warm fuzzy feelings for her. He knows that she is aware of what kind of person he is and will never have true feelings for him. And being rejected by a woman has never stopped him from pursuing his power grab in the past. In fact, it has fueled it. She realized that, of course, it was a power-sharing offer. He wanted her to petition to the Northern Lords to become Queen of the North in order to keep Jon from being made King of the North. If she was Queen of the North, he could marry her and unite a large part of the kingdom. That didn't happen. As for alliances, Littlefinger would never rely or trust on an alliance and people's 'good natures'. Alliance indicates some form of equality. He wants indebted vassals who do what he says.

Sansa is in imminent danger because Littlefinger disclosed his end game to her in his bid to recruit her. Jon is in imminent danger because he stands in Littlefinger's way. Of course Jon knows nothing of this because Sansa never tells people stuff at opportune times, like "Hey, maybe you should wait to charge headlong into Ramsey's forces and destroy all of your cavalry and most of your forces because there is another army on its way". That would have been a little helpful, eh. Also, Jon doesn't know anything about this because... Jon Snow "knows nothing".   

Littlefinger will make some kind of move early next season, and it will be nasty. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 01:45 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Jon being declared "King of the North!" can create problems for Littlefinger's plan, and Littlefinger is well aware of that. It's true that Jon and the Northerners could care little about the Iron Throne. But Littlefinger's problem is that Dany is coming to seize the Iron Throne. She is looking at possible diplomatic marriages and can solidify her hold on the throne and unite the kingdom with a marriage to Jon. She may not be aware of the political situation in the North yet, but she will be when she arrives. For Jon's part, he is concerned about "what lies beyond the wall". He needs Dany's army and dragons to defeat that. For both Dany and Jon, this marriage would be a win-win situation politically (and they may even like each other, hook-up and create little Targ dragon babies to rule the world). 

When Littlefinger disclosed his plan to Sansa, it had nothing to do with any warm fuzzy feelings for her. She realized that, of course. It was a power-sharing offer. He wanted her to petition to the Northern Lords to become Queen of the North in order to keep Jon from being made King of the North. If she was Queen of the North, he could marry her and unite a large part of the kingdom. That didn't happen.

Sansa is in imminent danger because Littlefinger disclosed his end game to her in his bid to recruit her. Jon is in imminent danger because he stands in Littlefinger's way. Of course Jon knows nothing of this because Sansa never tells people stuff at opportune times, like "Hey, maybe you should wait to charge headlong into Ramsey's forces and destroy all of your cavalry and most of your forces because there is another army on its way". That would have been a little helpful, eh. Also, Jon doesn't know anything about this because... Jon Snow "knows nothing".   

Littlefinger will make some kind of move early next season, and it will be nasty. 

I agree with most of this and it could be win win for danny and jon... but jon doesn't have much to offer her from the marriage pack...  A country torn apart by war houses all but destroyed from all the wars.. And a huge battle to fight against the undead.  shed be better off marrying littlefinger.     (although sansa being queen would have been great for littlefinger if she gave him want he wanted..)

A price will be paid for littlefingers help... what that is though could be very steep.

I think this series ending with danny on the throne would be too cliché     epesically when her death would start the great wheel spinning again she wants to smash.   really because the whole series seems to be building to that end so it shouldn't happen like that.

Before its all done I could see the 7 kingdoms being 7 kingdoms again. or all dead.

I feel danny will have to kill her whole army as she is providing a ton of fuel for the night king... and winter is here and the people from slavers bay wont handle that well.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 01:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I agree with most of this and it could be win win for danny and jon... but jon doesn't have much to offer her from the marriage pack...  A country torn apart by war houses all but destroyed from all the wars.. And a huge battle to fight against the undead.  shed be better off marrying littlefinger.     (although sansa being queen would have been great for littlefinger if she gave him want he wanted..)

A price will be paid for littlefingers help... what that is though could be very steep.

I think this series ending with danny on the throne would be too cliché     epesically when her death would start the great wheel spinning again she wants to smash.   really because the whole series seems to be building to that end so it shouldn't happen like that.

Before its all done I could see the 7 kingdoms being 7 kingdoms again. or all dead.

I feel danny will have to kill her whole army as she is providing a ton of fuel for the night king... and winter is here and the people from slavers bay wont handle that well.

Jon doesn't have much to offer as far as an army. But the symbolism of a united North joining Dany and her force, the united South with the Martell/Tyrell alliance and the Iron Islands under Yara is powerful. That would give Dany everyone but the Lannister-held central area. It is a place she can easily check off her list without fighting. Plus, there is no one else for her to marry to create an alliance. No doubt Varys and Tyrion have informed her about Littlefinger and his ways by now. She will have nothing to do with him, much less marry him. And there are no other powerful male figures left for her to marry.  

Varys and Tyrion have been setting her up perfectly for regaining the thrown and consolidating the kingdom: her heart's desire. As BPat mentioned before, she is way overpowered. I look for Littlefinger's move to be something along the lines of trying to assassinate Jon, kidnap Sansa, force marriage on her to legitimize his claim, and shift the forces of the Vale to the Lannister's. He may also try to put the Martell's and Tyrells at each other's throats. As for Dany's fleet, something is going to happen on their way over (probably involving the other Ironborns). She's gonna lose some of that. And Littlefinger may be involved with that as well.

I'm still saying that the magic horn gets blown and things start to go south. Maybe Dany's dragons attack her own fleet. And the horn will cause the Wall to fall.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 11:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They haven't set up the Mad King as Tyrion's father theory in the show, despite evidence in the books, so I doubt that. They did set up "last time on GoT" which stated "Rhagaer kidnapped my aunt and raped her" (forget who said that). 

Given that one of Rhaegar's best friends is protecting this baby and that Aegon's other kids didn't receive the same protection, I'm going to say it is Rhaeger's kid and not Aegon. 

I just wonder if they purposefully left it hanging just to throw people off or if there is some twist to it.

3 headed dragon. Sorry if it's been discussed before, i don't remember. 

Dany, Jon, Tyrion? Someone else besides Tyrion? All three had mothers die in childbirth. Tyrion always wanted a dragon and didn't get eaten or scorched when he unchained the two. Don't know if he's fireproof (lol). 

Is there a third, and, who is it?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 02:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Jon doesn't have much to offer as far as an army. But the symbolism of a united North joining Dany and her force, the united South with the Martell/Tyrell alliance and the Iron Islands under Yara is powerful. That would give Dany everyone but the Lannister-held central area. It is a place she can easily check off her list without fighting. Plus, there is no one else for her to marry to create an alliance. No doubt Varys and Tyrion have informed her about Littlefinger and his ways by now. She will have nothing to do with him, much less marry him. And there are no other powerful male figures left for her to marry.  

Varys and Tyrion have been setting her up perfectly for regaining the thrown and consolidating the kingdom: her heart's desire. As BPat mentioned before, she is way overpowered. I look for Littlefinger's move to be something along the lines of trying to assassinate Jon, kidnap Sansa, force marriage on her to legitimize his claim, and shift the forces of the Vale to the Lannister's. He may also try to put the Martell's and Tyrells at each other's throats. As for Dany's fleet, something is going to happen on their way over (probably involving the other Ironborns). She's gonna lose some of that. And Littlefinger may be involved with that as well.

I'm still saying that the magic horn gets blown and things start to go south. Maybe Dany's dragons attack her own fleet. And the horn will cause the Wall to fall.

if danny can reclaim the kingdoms before going to the north her army will be somewhat useful..

If she lands in the north reclaiming the iron islands and moving to the king of the north...  And they send her armys to the wall to fight the army of the undead or the wall has fallen at that point I foresee her having to torch her own men alive and dead with her dragons..     Jon tried to move all the wildlings south to prevent them from coming part of the white walkers army..  If danny shows will that force in the north to fight it   the white walkers will win by sheer body count as all that fall rise again.

I do wonder if the same magic that prevents the walkers from crossing the wall will have some effect on her dragons. (there are spells woven into the wall)

It could go a 1000 different ways.

Littlefinger does have a working relationship with the queen of thornes.. So if refused by sansa he could take the vale that direction.. He wont go for the lannisters as he knows they are basically done
Reply/Quote
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

Official network site states Rhaegar is his dad. Doesn't say that Rhaegar married Lyanna.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 06:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

Official network site states Rhaegar is his dad. Doesn't say that Rhaegar married Lyanna.

I just saw an article saying the same thing!  R+L = J afterall!  

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/game-of-thrones/you-can-stop-freaking-out-abou-60449.aspx
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 05:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if danny can reclaim the kingdoms before going to the north her army will be somewhat useful..

If she lands in the north reclaiming the iron islands and moving to the king of the north...  And they send her armys to the wall to fight the army of the undead or the wall has fallen at that point I foresee her having to torch her own men alive and dead with her dragons..     Jon tried to move all the wildlings south to prevent them from coming part of the white walkers army..  If danny shows will that force in the north to fight it   the white walkers will win by sheer body count as all that fall rise again.

I do wonder if the same magic that prevents the walkers from crossing the wall will have some effect on her dragons. (there are spells woven into the wall)

It could go a 1000 different ways.

Littlefinger does have a working relationship with the queen of thornes.. So if refused by sansa he could take the vale that direction.. He wont go for the lannisters as he knows they are basically done

They've given away that she plans to land in the east (her lover was mentioning it when she told him she was leaving him behind), so I think the Iron Islands issue will be on hold for awhile (and if Euron rows out to meet her in the east, she may not have to go there at all). And that would probably be the only reason she would land in the north anyway. The north isn't a threat to her, there is no strategic advantage for going there and what she wants is the central region (conveniently on the coast). I anticipate she will land in the South, where her allies are, or near Kings Landing.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 07:37 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: They've given away that she plans to land in the east (her lover was mentioning it when she told him she was leaving him behind), so I think the Iron Islands issue will be on hold for awhile (and if Euron rows out to meet her in the east, she may not have to go there at all). And that would probably be the only reason she would land in the north anyway. The north isn't a threat to her, there is no strategic advantage for going there and what she wants is the central region (conveniently on the coast). I anticipate she will land in the South, where her allies are, or near Kings Landing.  

Agreed.  Varys is with her on the ships having returned form Dorne where he met with Ellaria and Olenna.  She will land at the Sunspear and collect the Dornish, make her way north and collect the Tyrell Army and march on Kings Landing.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 11:15 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Agreed.  Varys is with her on the ships having returned form Dorne where he met with Ellaria and Olenna.  She will land at the Sunspear and collect the Dornish, make her way north and collect the Tyrell Army and march on Kings Landing.

there is really nothing left to stand in her way either
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 11:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: there is really nothing left to stand in her way either

Not in the TV series.  Now the books are quite different at this point.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna throw a wild prediction out there: Obviously there will be a rift between Cersei and Jaime over the death of Tommen and maybe even his uncle Kevan, who was a basically a the best of the Lannisters left and the only one with any sense. I think the queen will send Jaime out with the Lannister forces again to settle the unrest in the Riverlands after Frey's death. I also believe that it's unlikely that she takes the news of a new King in the North lying down. It's a dumb move to deploy any of their forces whatsoever, but she won't care. She only cares for herself and she has Gregor Clegane standing between her and any adversary.

The Kingslayer and the Lannister forces will be sent to Winterfell to deal with Jon just in time to see the army of the dead marching south. They will have no choice but to join the Northerners/Knights of the Vale vs the greater enemy, By the time it's over, Dany will have sacked King's Landing, Cersei will be dead or imprisoned, and Westeros will be untied vs the Others for all practical purposes. That's how I see it going down.
Reply/Quote
Just curious, but who right now should be on the Iron Throne if Dany wasnt invading & Cersei didn't take it herself? Robert's "3 kids" are dead, and his two brothers are dead. We know he has a bastard in Gentry, but I dont think that would make him a candidate. Jon is the Mad King's grandson, but no one knows that outside of Bran right now (per show). Im guessing no one? Too bad this last season didnt happen in like season 3 or 4. Would have been great to see an empty Iron Throne with no heirs, then it would truly be a GoT.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
It would be a real sight to see 150k soldiers (and 3 dragons) standing behind Dany, looking at Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne and just say "welllllllll?????....are you going to give it to me or should I just take it?"

It's like that point in Monopoly where Dany has gotten all the properties, and now just waiting for everyone else to run out of money paying rent.

And, by the way, I think it's possible a Dany/Jaime wedding might make sense....once Cersei is out of the way, at least.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 12:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just curious, but who right now should be on the Iron Throne if Dany wasnt invading & Cersei didn't take it herself? Robert's "3 kids" are dead, and his two brothers are dead. We know he has a bastard in Gentry, but I dont think that would make him a candidate. Jon is the Mad King's grandson, but no one knows that outside of Bran right now (per show). Im guessing no one? Too bad this last season didnt happen in like season 3 or 4. Would have been great to see an empty Iron Throne with no heirs, then it would truly be a GoT.

by the rules of westros... im not sure who should be on the throne...  Any of Roberts bastards have a better claim than ceresi I would think.. As throne doesn't pass from son to mother.   But there are only maybe 3 bastards left after Ceresi had them hunted down and 1 was never introduced into the show.  Edric Storm  (conceived by Robert during stannis wedding in stannis's wedding bed)  Gentry     Not sure about his mother.        And Miya Stone (although being a girl in the current westros wont help her claim)

But at this point its hard to think any houses are backing the lannisters anymore after ceresi's actions... plenty will say they do to avoid that wraith but when it comes time to call to arms I think they don't show for the MAD Queen.    And Jamie killed the mad king for thinking about burning down the city.. what will he do to Ceresi knowning she cost him his last child.  or will it be tryion to finish her off. or arya....  

either way by then end of this show only maybe 1 or 2 of the original great houses will still be standing.  the Barathons are gone unless someone legitimizes a bastard  (arya vouching for Gentry???) to reestablish the house (its been done before) The Targs are gone unless jon takes that name there will be no more targ babys.  (or some of the left overs from the dragon wars bastards who fought for the throne)    Lannisters are down to Jaime and Ceresi   and maybe some lesser known cousins roaming around.     Tyrells just about got wiped out.    Martells only the sandsnakes remain.   Starks..  Still hanging around...  the Greyjoys are about to wipe themselves out. the Tullys are all but gone. but demure does have a baby on the way.

out of that maybe the starks make it out but only if jon takes the stark name or sansa has her husband take the stark name..(im sure someone will do that)

the smaller houses are licking their chops for power grabs I have to imagine.    of course it will be a moot point soon.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 11:31 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Not in the TV series.  Now the books are quite different at this point.

Very True... and in the books shes being hunted for many different reasons...  For marriage and to be killed.   

euron wants to marry her.  Victorian wants to marry her then kill euron.    the big guy from the Citadel is on his way to find her... (the Alchemist?)

Dorne hasn't been touched by the wars... which will make them very interesting in the show to come.  as the never truly entered the seven kingdoms and never gave up their royal titles instead married into the targ family.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2016, 12:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It would be a real sight to see 150k soldiers (and 3 dragons) standing behind Dany, looking at Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne and just say "welllllllll?????....are you going to give it to me or should I just take it?"

It's like that point in Monopoly where Dany has gotten all the properties, and now just waiting for everyone else to run out of money paying rent.

And, by the way, I think it's possible a Dany/Jaime wedding might make sense....once Cersei is out of the way, at least.

I read or heard somewhere that all of the main buildings in Kings Landing were lined with the Wildfire just like the Great Sept. Will Cersei play Nero when Dany arrives? That would make things interesting since Jaime's main reason for killing the Mad King was to prevent the same thing that Cersei might do.

A Dany/Jaime match makes political sense. But Jamie is linked to Cersei too much. I have to think that if she dies, he will too (sort of in a twisted, incestuous Romeo and Juliette way...LOL).
Reply/Quote