Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game planning behind this broken ass offensive line...
(02-15-2022, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is anyone else disappointed in the lack of creativity/game planning around this busted ass offensive line that went into the Super Bowl?

Yes, it's hard to run an offense behind a bad offensive line, but here's the deal...EVERYONE KNEW THE OFFENSIVE LINE SUCKED BEFORE THE GAME.

How did we not do more to compensate for it? The Mixon pass was a nice wrinkle, but that's literally the ONLY thing that we ran that compensated for our inability to move the ball down the field.

Where were the creative ways to get Chase the ball? Where was the run pass option? Why were we not running the ball more when Mixon was cooking? Where were the designed screens (not just dump offs to Mixon)?

I mean I'm sorry, but the game plan and the play calling in the SB left A LOT to be desired of. We KNEW the Ram's front was going to eat, and we didn't seem to do much to counter that and protect Joe. There was no misdirection and nothing done to keep their line off balance.

I HATE having this singular doubt about ZT. I think he's a good coach for the most part, but man does his play calling leave some things to be desired of sometimes. It's big play or nothing and our offense was kind of exposed during the entire post season.

Yes!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: WE did exactly one draw and one screen all game - both worked.

I don't get it and this silliness predates Taylor - why don't the Bengals practice and use the plays everyone else does to get aggressive DLs to pause a little? We haven't used screens properly since 2005 (?) . And this against the worst screen defense in football no less - screens should have been on tap all day to force the Rams to spread out and cover the ends of the field.

The one playaction also scored a touchdown. If something works doesn’t it make sense to do it more than once?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah we had an 18% pass block win rate. That means 82% of the time their rusher beat our lineman in under 2.5 seconds.

Definitely a great idea to go shotgun when you need less than a yard in the SB!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:51 AM)OUatown Wrote: Definitely a great idea to go shotgun when you need less than a yard in the SB!

Yeah if you want to throw on 4th and 1 an under center play action pass freezes the dl and the running back then helping in blocking Donald. How does this not result in more time than burrow got on the shot gun play

I believe Jimmy Johnson said in the media it was over when they went to shot gun for the last play.

It’s becoming more and More apparent that Taylor just chocked or became overwhelmed once they got the lead.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:46 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: The one playaction  also scored a touchdown. If something works doesn’t it make sense to do it more than once?

Well, if you watch it, Burrow has to step up and find space because both ends and one of the DT's just went straight after Burrow and didn't respect the fake at all.

You also can't count on your WR being able to throw the CB on the ground by his facemask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote