Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game was so bad
That I vacated my comfy recliner and headed to the grocery store at halftime. Wasn't worth allowing my blood pressure to get elevated over watching the offense fail while attempting the same plays, over and over again. All I can point to is the coaches should have come into the week with a very different game plan, obviously the one they've been using this season isn't working.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, there is a threshold for me how I know a game is so bad. Like yesterday I hardly yelled at the tv or anything, more less just rolled my eyes and laughed at how pathetic the display was on tv. I think I yelled one time on the Derick Henry throw because EVERYONE knew what it was going to be except our coaches and players apparently. Everything else was just so inept it wasn’t worth wasting my energy.
Reply/Quote
Was the kind of defeat we haven't seen a lot of in the past few years.

The Browns routinely blowing us out in Cleveland is a poor indictment of the team, as they do it to next to nobody else. I get bad matchups, but we've had loads of time to try and close that gap and are making no progress there.

Yesterday... we got blew out by an awful offence. Defence just had a meltdown day, it isn't the first time. We just weren't able to mask that with a competent offence.

I was already of this opinion, but the Tennessee game is the final nail in the coffin in terms of siting Burrow. He can't run the offence properly, so sit him and see if the team can carry Browning. 4 weeks rest for Burrow and the hope that we can maybe go 1-1 in these next two, might mean the season isn't dead in the water. But I'm quite confident we do the stupid thing of playing him on every snap again next week, and we'll be seeing Browning just in time for the 49ers/Bills/Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
I stopped somewhere in the 3rd and told my dad I'm not watching another Burrow game this year, I'll watch a backup though. Burrow won't be healthy until next year (knock on wood), he should just sit. Everyone is paid to beat you, and you have a target on your back with that contract, you have to be the best of the best or you're going down.
Reply/Quote
I feel the same...took at nap and woke up to see it hadn't gotten any better. We were LUCKY to score the 3 on the first drive. The pass was so bad that the DB over ran it but could have easily been a 99 yard pick 6
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:04 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I feel the same...took at nap and woke up to see it hadn't gotten any better. We were LUCKY to score the 3 on the first drive. The pass was so bad that the DB over ran it but could have easily been a 99 yard pick 6

Yeah, we shouldn't gloss over that, Burrow had a pick lined right up for that guy. It's almost like he can't see as well anymore lol, to me this shows the calf is affecting his mental game.
Reply/Quote
On a positive note, my wife described the homemade beef/chorizo enchiladas that I made as "restaurant quality". So even if the Bengals are lame this year, at least my food game is on point. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Joe's bad calf has given him a noodle arm.
Reply/Quote
Didn't even make the half. Got up mid second quarter and told the wife I had better things to do. We broke out the motorcycles and went for a ride. Much more enjoyable.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That I vacated my comfy recliner and headed to the grocery store at halftime.  Wasn't worth allowing my blood pressure to get elevated over watching the offense fail while attempting the same plays, over and over again.  All I can point to is the coaches should have come into the week with a very different game plan, obviously the one they've been using this season isn't working.

Hah. 

You may have had a heart attack when they kept Burrow in down 24 during the entire 4th quarter...getting sacked and beat up. That was the breaking point for me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a positive note, my wife described the homemade beef/chorizo enchiladas that I made as "restaurant quality".  So even if the Bengals are lame this year, at least my food game is on point.  Cool

Hopefully you got a hand job out of it. 

OK I'm done here. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yea, I turned at half time. It was as bad as it's been in awhile.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah I was really pissed I woke up early to watch that game. I work night shift so I don't even get home until 7 am, and it takes a minute to fall asleep. I didn't see the first drive but I had to stop watching it after the first drive in the 3rd quarter. I was telling my wife that he shouldn't come out the second half. I'll say one thing, I won't wake up early again this season unless the coaches figure out how to get this team going. It's like watching a world class race car go up against a Ford Focus and losing because the driver barely knows how to drive stick.
Reply/Quote
This team (and offense specifically) is 100% dependent on Joe Burrow being his healthy and normal self and able to pass like he normally does.
If he's hobbled and/or the opposition finds a way to stifle the big plays in the passing game, the team really struggles.

Bengals have Cardinals, Seahawks, and 49ers left before the end of October.
If they come out of those games with a record of 2-5 or 1-6, I'll have little optimism left of making the postseason.
It's extremely rare for a team to go on a giant winning streak at the end of a season like the Bengals did last year, so I'm not relying on that to happen again.

Not saying it will happen, but if it ends up becoming a lost season all because of a lingering hamstring, I really hope the Bengals FO comes to the realization they need some better staff who can adjust if/when Burrow isn't his normal self.
And maybe also get some better blocking (schemes) in general.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I stayed glued to it till the 4th quarter and then started preparing for a fishing trip. So disappointing & I have no answers.

Haven't seen things this bad for quite some time.

Titans & Cards should have been the medicine to cure our ills.

I cringe every time Burrow gets hit fearing the worst.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:26 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I stayed glued to it till the 4th quarter and then started preparing for a fishing trip. So disappointing & I have no answers.

Haven't seen things this bad for quite some time.

Titans & Cards should have been the medicine to cure our ills.

I cringe every time Burrow gets hit fearing the worst.

That's the only way Zac doesn't play him. They're just waiting for it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:04 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I feel the same...took at nap and woke up to see it hadn't gotten any better. We were LUCKY to score the 3 on the first drive. The pass was so bad that the DB over ran it but could have easily been a 99 yard pick 6

Seemed like the entire offense, especially Burrow and the Oline, just shut down after that play. They were rolling up until that pass and then just never did anything after. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hah. 

You may have had a heart attack when they kept Burrow in down 24 during the entire 4th quarter...getting sacked and beat up. That was the breaking point for me. 

When they trotted out Burrow at the beginning of the 4th was when I stopped. I was only still watching because I figured they would put Browning in and I could see how he does in a regular season game (even if it was technically garbage time), but when Burrow came out, I was like, "oh, ok" and just turned the game off. I haven't turned a Bengals game off in ... I don't even know when I last turned a game off. It's been awhile.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
With all the money we have pumped into the OL the improvement just doesnt seem to be there. Is it the players or the coaching?
Reply/Quote
Ya when you don't even get mad or care, you know it's bad. This is 90s level bad and by the numbers it's even worst..
Reply/Quote