Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game was so bad
(10-02-2023, 09:18 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Joe's bad calf has given him a noodle arm.

Arm strength was never a strength of his. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it blew my mind as to why they didn't keep running the ball to the left side, or even play action fake a run to the left and hit the open man right behind the LBs.

Exactly the start of the second quarter first and 5 and we don’t pound the ball he worst three plays punt and they go down the field and score
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:43 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya when you don't even get mad or care, you know it's bad. This is 90s level bad and by the numbers it's even worst..

Except in the. 90’s we threw bombs to pickens and Scott
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:24 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Was the kind of defeat we haven't seen a lot of in the past few years.

And that's part of the problem. Don't tease us with greatness and than get this damn mediocre again. I strongly doubt we could beat the Bears right now. Most of us will never recover from the 30yrs before Burrow. Now, even he's part of the problem. The coaches are flipping idiots and Pollack is horrible. Glass eaters my ass. And this damn play calling is atrociously beyond bad awful. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:46 AM)Tony Wrote: Frank should be gone at the bye.. Enough is enough...

How bout we just say bye now instead?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:25 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: They literally went right down the field with good runs & passes then shit to bed inside the 10. They ran well but Zac can't help himself. It should be 50/50 run pass ratio. This is on ZAC

I am not sure if it is Zach or Joe - Joe audibles a lot and doesn't seem to audible to many run plays.

It is incredibly hard to watch such a poorly coached/prepared team. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With all the money we have pumped into the OL the improvement just doesnt seem to be there. Is it the players or the coaching?

They were sending seven because they knew Joe couldn’t burn them. Send seven last year and it’s a TD 75% of the time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Half time I went to the porch and had a cigar
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That I vacated my comfy recliner and headed to the grocery store at halftime.  Wasn't worth allowing my blood pressure to get elevated over watching the offense fail while attempting the same plays, over and over again.  All I can point to is the coaches should have come into the week with a very different game plan, obviously the one they've been using this season isn't working.

I turned it off when I saw Burrow walking back out first possession of 4th quarter. It was just to much to watch him get sacked, throw an incomplete 3 yard pass, then throw a pass for -2 yards, then punt. Over, and over, and over again.

Now hearing we're lining up for a repeat again this week I hear. I just don't get it? What can be gained by running Burrow out there to stand like a statue and throw 3 yard passes?

And then you hear the big loud crack as his ACL, MCL, and PCL's go flying
Reply/Quote
I watched every play. It was like watching a train wreck; I wanted to look away but I couldn’t.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Half time I went to the porch and had a cigar

Apparently so did the rest of the team and didn't show up for the second half 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 06:56 PM)M.W. Wrote: It is incredibly hard to watch such a poorly coached/prepared team. 

And there it is. This is our fandom frustration. If we win next week, I doubt we will get exited like we did after the Rams win. There's no reason for this team to come into these games so poorly prepared. Our defense even looked like shit yesterday, and that's one of our high points this season. It's like this whole team has a suck-suck-suck rut. Mixon was well yesterday, but he has also sucked in the other the other losses. WTF? How do we get our team back? 

Has this new practice facility made us pampered and weak? I know that sounds silly, but damnit, we are playing craptastic since then. And I mean, CRAPTASTIC. 

Reply/Quote
There's been many a time when I went to a game late in the season at Riverfront or PBS that was absolutely meaningless.  The Christmas Eve games in '94 and '95, that were won on last-second Pelfrey field goals come to mind.  As does that Jacksonville game back in '00, when the field looked like an ice rink and it was absolutely freezing, but PDub took a punt return to the house.  Or '02 when we played New Orleans, and the only thing on the line was a one versus a two win season.  

Those games all had three things in common:  

1) The weather wasn't great
2) The game was 'meaningless' to the Bengals in yet another losing season, and
3) We won and I had a good time

No, I'm not saying I'm some super fan or anything.  But, I can find enjoyment in just watching the game and seeing them win, record be damned.  I'll be watching from the couch this year instead of in the stadium, but I plan to watch this season, and be in the GD thread each Sunday, whatever this season turns out to be.

Tiger
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If the season ends under .500, looks like it's back to The Bungles.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If that game was a movie it would be named "the Not So Good, the Very Bad, and the Downright UGLY"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote