Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
***Gameday Discord***
We will be offering a live chat option for game days on our Discord starting this Sunday with the Falcons game.

There are currently a couple dozen members who have used our discord and it's went very smoothly each time...so, I want to try it out for games, allowing members an option other than the gameday thread here. 

If interested in giving it a try, and you haven't already joined our discord...just PM for the invite link. Once you go to sign up, you must check the boxes that show you agree to the rules...and you must use the same username you have here. 

You must have at least 500 posts and been a member for at least 6 months to be eligible to join. In addition, posting history and previous disciplinary actions will be taken into account.

The #game-day channel will be open one hour prior to the game, till one hour after. 

Feel free to post any questions you may have.

Thanks, BJ
Reply/Quote
Honestly it's a better option for real time viewing for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 02:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly it's a better option for real time viewing for sure.

Yeah, and you guys have done a great job every time we've used it so far.
Reply/Quote
Discord worked really well for the Board Mock Draft I know. We got it done about twice as fast.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'll definitely join up, but I don't like looking at ANY tech during the game, so I will be quiet LOL

Maybe if we blow out a team, I'll swing on Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Love this - can we allow profanity? Would be a good release.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Haven't been to the discord thing. Is it the same gloom and doom give up at the first sign of adversity stuff, cuz if it is, I'll pass...
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Haven't been to the discord thing. Is it the same gloom and doom give up at the first sign of adversity stuff, cuz if it is, I'll pass...

The members who have used our discord so far have been great and the discussions have been good. That's the goal with game day there as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The members who have used our discord so far have been great and the discussions have been good. That's the goal with game day there as well. 

I'd like to be invited. How do I access it? 

We do a similar thing for the Reds on slack and its great. The key is to weed out those "doom and gloomers" and have sensible people only. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd like to be invited. How do I access it? 

We do a similar thing for the Reds on slack and its great. The key is to weed out those "doom and gloomers" and have sensible people only. 

Link sent in PM. 
Reply/Quote
If my streams were not so far behind and needing to be refreshed every 15 minutes...
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Forgive the old fart here...but, never having used it...what is the benefit? Is it like a chat room?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 04:36 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Forgive the old fart here...but, never having used it...what is the benefit? Is it like a chat room?

Pretty much...but you can have separate rooms for multiple topics.
Reply/Quote
OK, I get it. I'm a few posts shy, but I'll checkitout when I can.

Thanks, Holic.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Link sent in PM. 

Can I have it too?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Can I have it too?

Sent.
Reply/Quote
What's discord? Is it a drug that these damn Kids up too?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:13 PM)J24 Wrote: What's discord? Is it a drug that these damn Kids up too?

dis·cord

[ˈdiskôrd]

NOUN

1. disagreement between people:
    "a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord"
Yep, sounds like us on game day.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The members who have used our discord so far have been great and the discussions have been good. That's the goal with game day there as well. 

When we get down 7-0 in the 1st quarter, do you have Discord members say the season is over?

We have a couple in the gameday thread.
Reply/Quote
I feel like I should try it.
Reply/Quote