Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games 1 - 4 very important for 2016 season
(09-06-2016, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: i have them going 4-0 bc definitily not worried about the jets i think we win 28-3 steelers no bell no bryant no problem broncos let me say this. Trevor simian beat out the butt fumble man how is that a sign of goodness plus we took their team to overtime with our back up qb plus they lost key peices to their defense. Miami no problem. So i then get to week 6 where i think if eifert is back in form we win if not we lose all in all i got us going 14--2 or 13-3 with losses to ne maybe texans bc we never beat them, and we lose one more just not sure to who.

How do you see the steelers winning 10 or 11 i have them going 8-8 or 9-7? Im looking at it in a purely as unbiased as possible poing ot view. You double or triple cover ab where is your other offense coming from while bell is out? Wheaten? Heyward bet? I dont think so. Also when bell comes back is he gonna be the same? So stack the box and double cover ab you have no offensive threats whatsoever, no heath miller and you whent out in free agency got green but his career is probably over. people do not realize how important martavius bryant is to that offense. So that is why i have them going 8-8 or 9-7

Well they still have Pig Ben.  As much as I hate to admit it they (Steelers with Ben) always seem to find a way to be in the hunt and around the 10 win mark.  Barring a Pig injury, which is generally a good possibility, especially since the Pig is getting older, they will likely hover around that 10 win mark again.

I get what you're saying about the importance of Martavius Bryant and agree to a point.  But Pitt always seem to find someone to fill the void.  In comparison, I'm sure they are saying the same thing about us.... "people don't realize how important Marvin Jones and Mohammad Sunu are to our offense".  Lafelle and Boyd are just as unproven as Wheaton and Heyward Bey.  In fact, it could be argued at this point in the season that Pitt's #2 and #3 receivers are better than ours - because Lafelle is unknown to our offense and Boyd a rookie.

No way do I see Pitt 8-8, maybe 9-7 but more likely 10-6.  Outside of the division they're tough games are mostly at home (Patriots, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants).  They do have the Redskins and Colts on the road so we'll see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:44 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Now that's optimism!  If that happens look out NFL.

The schedule isn't as hard as what some people want to make it out to be.

The Jets won't be that tough. They're missing some key players on their defensive line. Their offense will be snuffed out by our defense, and we will beat them fairly easily. I don't have any faith in Fitzpatrick honestly.

The Steelers are paper tigers. People want to hype them up right now, but they're not even going to be that good. They're going to be missing their #2 WR, and their starting RB. They had the 29th rated passing defense last year, and I don't think that their offseason moves will help that very much. They also lost their starting LT and TE in the offseason. They won't be anywhere as good as what people are making them out to be.

The Broncos don't have a legit QB. They don't have a good run game to ease the pressure off of their rookie QB. Their OL isn't that great. Their defense is the only thing that's scary. I think it will be a low scoring game, but I don't think that the Broncos will score much more than 10 points on us, so give us the W there too.

The Dolphins will have a better offense than what they did last year because they picked up Foster, and Parker looked really good when he was healthy last year. Their defense will be worse than last year though. They lost their #1 CB and picked up Maxwell who's not even close to as good as what Grimes was. They didn't have a great defense last year anyways. We will have Burfict back for this game, and we SHOULD have Eifert back for this game too.

I would be a little worried about the Cowboys if they had Romo, but Prescott doesn't scare me that much. I know he had a good preseason, but that's all it was, preseason. They have some big weapons on that offense, plus a good offensive line. I think that Elliot will be a good RB, and Bryant is one of the best WRs in the league. Witten is a beast of a TE too. They don't have a very good defense though, and I think we can keep Prescott in check.

The Patriots won't be the same team as everyone remembers them as. They're going to take a step back this year because their defense is going to be very bad. They have been losing a lot of their key defensive starters the last couple of years. The only good players on their defense is Hightower and Brown. That's about it. The Patriots offense will still be good with Gronk/Bennett/Edelman/Amendola, but I think our defense can stop them enough to where our offense can score more points. This is going to be our toughest game, but I think we can and will take it.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: i have them going 4-0 bc definitily not worried about the jets i think we win 28-3 steelers no bell no bryant no problem broncos let me say this. Trevor simian beat out the butt fumble man how is that a sign of goodness plus we took their team to overtime with our back up qb plus they lost key peices to their defense. Miami no problem. So i then get to week 6 where i think if eifert is back in form we win if not we lose all in all i got us going 14--2 or 13-3 with losses to ne maybe texans bc we never beat them, and we lose one more just not sure to who.

How do you see the steelers winning 10 or 11 i have them going 8-8 or 9-7? Im looking at it in a purely as unbiased as possible poing ot view. You double or triple cover ab where is your other offense coming from while bell is out? Wheaten? Heyward bet? I dont think so. Also when bell comes back is he gonna be the same? So stack the box and double cover ab you have no offensive threats whatsoever, no heath miller and you whent out in free agency got green but his career is probably over. people do not realize how important martavius bryant is to that offense. So that is why i have them going 8-8 or 9-7

Things like spacing, periods, and capitalization need to be your friends.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: i have them going 4-0 bc definitily not worried about the jets i think we win 28-3

I'm not clear on why you and a lot of other people are so confident in predicting the Jets scoring < 10 points against the Bengals. The Jets were the 10th overall offense, and 11th scoring offense last year and they added Matt Forte. The Bengals got rid of their INT leader and their best LB is suspended.

First 6 weeks (no Burfict): 20.3 pts/gm
Final 10 weeks (Burfict): 15.7 pts/gm

And that's with Nelson being 2nd team All-Pro at S, giving Kirkpatrick over the top help.

- - - - - - -

Don't get me wrong, I predicted the Bengals will win this game, but not by holding Marshall/Decker/Forte to 3 or 10 points. They're going to pick on Kirkpatrick and Maualuga in the passing game. 20-17

(09-07-2016, 09:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Well they still have Pig Ben.  As much as I hate to admit it they (Steelers with Ben) always seem to find a way to be in the hunt and around the 10 win mark.  Barring a Pig injury, which is generally a good possibility, especially since the Pig is getting older, they will likely hover around that 10 win mark again.

No way do I see Pitt 8-8

You mean like both 2012 and 2013, when they went 8-8 with Ben?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 01:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not clear on why you and a lot of other people are so confident in predicting the Jets scoring < 10 points against the Bengals. The Jets were the 10th overall offense, and 11th scoring offense last year and they added Matt Forte. The Bengals got rid of their INT leader and their best LB is suspended.

And that's with Nelson being 2nd team All-Pro at S, giving Kirkpatrick over the top help.

- - - - - - -

Don't get me wrong, I predicted the Bengals will win this game, but not by holding Marshall/Decker/Forte to 3 or 10 points. They're going to pick on Kirkpatrick and Maualuga in the passing game. 20-17

I certainly hope your prediction is true!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 01:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not clear on why you and a lot of other people are so confident in predicting the Jets scoring < 10 points against the Bengals. The Jets were the 10th overall offense, and 11th scoring offense last year and they added Matt Forte. The Bengals got rid of their INT leader and their best LB is suspended.

- - - - - - -

2015 would have been on that list too If they didn't play 6 backup QBs in a row last year (and they even lost one of those games).
Reply/Quote
I think the Jets defense will give the Bengals offense fits and ultimately, the Jets will win a close one being at home.

I hope I'm wrong, and usually am.
Reply/Quote

- - - - - - -

Well lets go through it then. Im not sure why people are so hyped up on mart forte. Im a matt forte fan but he is the same as chris ivory. they had the exact same number if yards from scrimmage 1287 last year so i dont understand all the hype of a 30 year old rb. Marshall will be covered by the same cb that held ab to 130 yards recieving in 3 games combined. He is the most underated cb in the nfl. Our one weak spot is kirkpatrick against decker. Thats the only variable. Its not a matteof their offense its a matter of how good our defense is. I just dont see it. Then their is their defense. You pointed out well be without burfict well they will be without their best defensive threat too. Also we have aj green against an aging revis who got burned bad multiple times in multiple games last year. Oh yeah we also have tyler boyd going against buster skrine who allowed 19 tds last year. Add it all up and maybe they score10 but i do not see any more than that and i dont eeven see them getting that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:23 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being cautiously optimistic, and from franchise history, hoping for the best, but expecting disappointment, I agree with this assessment all the way.

If they go 2-0, and do it convincingly, stay relatively healthy, I think they set the tone for the season.

That's what I'm hoping for, but my gut feels, between the preferential treatment the Steelers get, I sense the Steelers goading them into the same ole same ole.

I'm confident the Bengals aren't going to look past the Jets, but if the Bengals can come away from that game 1-0 (they have a very good chance of that), I can't wait to see how the steeler game goes the following week.  It will be a great test to see what a Burfict-less Bengals defense can do and see how determined they are to beat them following last year's crapfest. 

If they start 2-0, they could get on another roll like last year. Exciting stuff.  First, beat the Jets.
Reply/Quote
Realistically we will go 2-2 and i'll be fine with that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Realistically we will go 2-2 and i'll be fine with that.

Yup. I don't see 4-0 unless all cylinders click early and often

Reply/Quote