Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games 1 - 4 very important for 2016 season
Me too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 06:00 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Honestly without Burfict and Eifert, I would be happy to come out of that 2 - 2.  
Do you think they could come out of that 1-3? I don't see it. Unless he's spent, Dansby is gonna really lessen the blow if Burfict's suspension. That guy makes plays. They have Denver at home, and it's still early for this Simeon dude... I know our track record against rookie QBs, but c'mon... They Should win that game. I think they win the opener too. Pittsburgh is the only game that scares me of the 4, but their TE situation, and the loss of Bryant is encouraging.
(09-04-2016, 02:49 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Every playoff team but 1 ends the season with a loss.  This makes the stat a little less robust.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We are going to go 6-0 calling it right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 10:17 PM)jason Wrote: Do you think they could come out of that 1-3? I don't see it. Unless he's spent, Dansby is gonna really lessen the blow if Burfict's suspension. That guy makes plays. They have Denver at home, and it's still early for this Simeon dude... I know our track record against rookie QBs, but c'mon... They Should win that game. I think they win the opener too. Pittsburgh is the only game that scares me of the 4, but their TE situation, and the loss of Bryant is encouraging.

I think we could very well come out of it 3-1 or 4-0, but 2-2 would not alarm me.  If we have a couple of losses without Burfict and Eifert, that is not the end of the world or the end of the season. We can still come out of the season at least 11-5 IMO.
Reply/Quote
Earlier this offseason I had the Bengals starting 4-0 and then winding up 4-2.

Of course that was when Eifert was expected back in the first two weeks, Ced and Fisher weren't banged up, Dennard wasn't banged up, Hunt and Chykie weren't going to be on the roster, I had more enthusiasm for the Bengals safeties, and I expected LaFell to actually do something...

I think with that in mind I am adjusting my thoughts to 3-1 and then 4-3. I also have the Bengals losing one of the two Browns games (no idea which, but they often play down to the Browns and then split) and I think the Redskins will be a tough team.... I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals head into the bye week at 4-4 (losses to Broncos, Cowboys, Pats, Redskins).

Then have them finishing the final 8 games at 10-6 and 4-2 in the division.

- - - - - - - - - -
Wins: @Jets, @Steelers, Dolphins, @Giants, Bills, @Ravens, Eagles, @Texans, Ravens, one of the Browns games.
Losses: Broncos, @Cowboys, @Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, one of the Browns games.

10-6 Record
4-2 Divisional Record
8-4 Conference Record

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the opener against the Jets is hugely important because the next 5 games are some nasty business. If we beat the Jets and then the Steelers, I'll have a lot of confidence for how we'll do the rest of the season. Of course, that is easier said than done.

Reply/Quote
I think a LOT is going to depend on what Core and Boyd can bring to the table early on. If just one comes out on fire we should do fine and even better if both do.. . If Uzomah can get out and ball with the likes of Eifert and Kroft we'll be in great shape..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What part of being one and done in playoffs is not a fact in support of not being able to finish a season?

seasons and post season are different things....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:00 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We are going to go 6-0 calling it right now.

Now that's optimism!  If that happens look out NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:44 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Now that's optimism!  If that happens look out NFL.

If opposing teams do not find a way to harness Atkins, who by all accounts has been unstoppable so far this pre season, 6-0 is a real possibility.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If opposing teams do not find a way to harness Atkins, who by all accounts has been unstoppable so far this pre season, 6-0 is a real possibility.

Dunlap keeps talking about wanting to break Michael Strahan's single season sack record too. They both played great last year. Hopefully they're as good if not better this season. 

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Then have them finishing the final 8 games at 10-6 and 4-2 in the division.

- - - - - - - - - -
Wins: @Jets, @Steelers, Dolphins, @Giants, Bills, @Ravens, Eagles, @Texans, Ravens, one of the Browns games.
Losses: Broncos, @Cowboys, @Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, one of the Browns games.

10-6 Record
4-2 Divisional Record
8-4 Conference Record

I don't think 10-6 gets them the division title.  I personally think they will need at least 11 wins and maybe 12.

I agree with others that this first four games is very important to the team.  In weeks five and six, they play at Dallas and at New England.  In my mind, that is at least one loss with a real possibility of two (have to see if Prescott is the real deal, but that team is still going to run like mad).  They cannot afford to do anything worse than 2-2 to start the season.  1-3 could very quickly turn into 1-5, then travel to London in two weeks to face Washington which is not at all going to be an easy game.  They need to start off strong or else this season could quickly start getting away from them.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the first five games, 3-2 looks like a best-case scenario to me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 11:57 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't think 10-6 gets them the division title.  I personally think they will need at least 11 wins and maybe 12.

I agree with others that this first four games is very important to the team.  In weeks five and six, they play at Dallas and at New England.  In my mind, that is at least one loss with a real possibility of two (have to see if Prescott is the real deal, but that team is still going to run like mad).  They cannot afford to do anything worse than 2-2 to start the season.  1-3 could very quickly turn into 1-5, then travel to London in two weeks to face Washington which is not at all going to be an easy game.  They need to start off strong or else this season could quickly start getting away from them.

I have the Steelers going 9-7, the Ravens going probably 8-8, maybe 9-7.

So I think 10-6 could win the division title. Even if one of those two teams manages a 10-6 record, I think the Bengals sweep the Ravens, so they'd hold that tie breaker, and the Bengals split with the Steelers and have a 4-2 divisional record over the Steeler's 3-3 divisional record, so they hold that tie breaker, too.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have the Steelers going 9-7, the Ravens going probably 8-8, maybe 9-7.

So I think 10-6 could win the division title. Even if one of those two teams manages a 10-6 record, I think the Bengals sweep the Ravens, so they'd hold that tie breaker, and the Bengals split with the Steelers and have a 4-2 divisional record over the Steeler's 3-3 divisional record, so they hold that tie breaker, too.

We differ here.  I think the Steelers get 10 wins and very possibly 11. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:47 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: We differ here.  I think the Steelers get 10 wins and very possibly 11. 

I see the Steelers starting 0-2 without Bell against what should be a very good Redskins offense. DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis is a pretty darn good pass catching group if the Kirk Cousins we saw last year was legit.

Then losing to the Bengals at Pittsburgh.

I think they'll get swept by the Ravens, who have made the Steelers their ***** lately going 4-1 in their last 2 years, including sweeping them last year. That's right, 2 of the Ravens 5 wins last year were the Steelers.

So that's 4 losses, plus I don't see them beating the Patriots or the Chiefs, 6 losses.

Then they'll lose at least 1 game they had no business losing. Not sure which one, but it'll happen.  That'd put them at 7 losses.
-Last year it was being swept by the 5-11 Ravens.
-The year before that they lost to the 4-12 Jets and the 2-14 Bucs.
-The year before that they lost to the 5-10-1 Vikings and 4-12 Raiders.

The Steelers are always good for shitting the bed and losing against at least 1 terrible opponent, generally 2. So I feel pretty comfortable with my 9-7 prediction.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I see the Steelers starting 0-2 without Bell against what should be a very good Redskins offense. DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis is a pretty darn good pass catching group if the Kirk Cousins we saw last year was legit.

I think they'll get swept by the Ravens, who have made the Steelers their ***** lately going 4-1 in their last 2 years, including sweeping them last year. That's right, 2 of the Ravens 5 wins last year were the Steelers.

So that's 4 losses, plus I don't see them beating the Patriots or the Chiefs, 6 losses.

Then they'll lose at least 1 game they had no business losing. Not sure which one, but it'll happen.  That'd put them at 7 losses.

The Steelers are always good for shitting the bed and losing against at least 1 terrible opponent, generally 2. So I feel pretty comfortable with my 9-7 prediction.

I just read through Coley Harvey's game by game predictions.  He has the Bengals finishing the season at 11-5, clinching the division in the final week against the Ravens. As I thought about it, I would have trouble arguing with his thought process.

Anyone else having trouble inserting a link?  The last couple times I have tried, it won't paste...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have the Steelers going 9-7, the Ravens going probably 8-8, maybe 9-7.

I hope your prediction is right, love to see Steeler nation and all the bandwagon fans go crazy with excuses for a 9-7,, Ravens should bounce back but I think your 8-8 is spot on.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I see the Steelers starting 0-2 without Bell against what should be a very good Redskins offense. DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis is a pretty darn good pass catching group if the Kirk Cousins we saw last year was legit.

Totally agree,

I don't get where people come up with the Steelers being a playoff lock and some kind of Juggernaut ? Behind the big 3 they're pretty thin, their defense is a middle of the road one at best. If they don't stay very healthy they'll struggle to even make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Earlier this offseason I had the Bengals starting 4-0 and then winding up 4-2.

Of course that was when Eifert was expected back in the first two weeks, Ced and Fisher weren't banged up, Dennard wasn't banged up, Hunt and Chykie weren't going to be on the roster, I had more enthusiasm for the Bengals safeties, and I expected LaFell to actually do something...

I think with that in mind I am adjusting my thoughts to 3-1 and then 4-3. I also have the Bengals losing one of the two Browns games (no idea which, but they often play down to the Browns and then split) and I think the Redskins will be a tough team.... I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals head into the bye week at 4-4 (losses to Broncos, Cowboys, Pats, Redskins).

Then have them finishing the final 8 games at 10-6 and 4-2 in the division.

- - - - - - - - - -

10-6 Record
4-2 Divisional Record
8-4 Conference Record
i have them going 4-0 bc definitily not worried about the jets i think we win 28-3 steelers no bell no bryant no problem broncos let me say this. Trevor simian beat out the butt fumble man how is that a sign of goodness plus we took their team to overtime with our back up qb plus they lost key peices to their defense. Miami no problem. So i then get to week 6 where i think if eifert is back in form we win if not we lose all in all i got us going 14--2 or 13-3 with losses to ne maybe texans bc we never beat them, and we lose one more just not sure to who.
(09-06-2016, 01:47 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: We differ here.  I think the Steelers get 10 wins and very possibly 11. 

How do you see the steelers winning 10 or 11 i have them going 8-8 or 9-7? Im looking at it in a purely as unbiased as possible poing ot view. You double or triple cover ab where is your other offense coming from while bell is out? Wheaten? Heyward bet? I dont think so. Also when bell comes back is he gonna be the same? So stack the box and double cover ab you have no offensive threats whatsoever, no heath miller and you whent out in free agency got green but his career is probably over. people do not realize how important martavius bryant is to that offense. So that is why i have them going 8-8 or 9-7
Reply/Quote