Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garbage? (Terrelle Pryor)
After Adam Jones tirade about Terrelle Pryor being "garbage" after being held in check against the Bengals with whatever scrub QB the Browns ran out there in their second meeting, I sort of gave up on any hope i had of the Bengals signing Pryor as a FA.

Hear me out.  

I understand Pryor has already been vocal about wanting to stay in Cleveland (that could be true or it could be a tactic to raise the offers, who knows?).  I also understand that he has only been a WR for one season and has shown some signs of immaturity.  His performance this year tailed off after a hot start when teams adjusted to take away his deep ball.  

I still want him.

I'm sure I will be accused of being a buckeye homer, among other things for this suggestion, but here is my rationale:

1.) The player-  He is a freak.  He is probably the fastest WR in the NFL right now in a 40 yard dash.  His vertical speed and height is unchallenged.  We know he can play WR, and he would be a perfect fit at "X" in our offense.  

2.) The scheme-  The fact that opposing defenses began to double him with over the top safety help reveals the problem with the Browns:  they had no other options.  Can you do that to Pryor with AJ green on the other side of the field?  Pryor and AJ stretching the field with Eifert, Sexy, and Boyd working underneath?  Yes, please.  What red zone troubles?

3.) The money- I don't see him getting anywhere near the money that people were originally claiming, but maybe an $8 million per year type of deal.  Give him Adam Jones's money....his release would almost cover that.    

4.) The future- Think about next year when Eifert is up....can you let him go and roll with Uzomah, Kroft, and (hopefully) Butt?  Maybe you can if AJ and Terrelle are drawing so much attention away from the center of the field.  

We know he can play the position in the NFL, and no draft pick can say that.  We know what AJ has to deal with every play, and we need someone to take attention away from him.  

If there was one FA I would wish for in this year's crop, it is Terrelle Pryor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 12:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: After Adam Jones tirade about Terrelle Pryor being "garbage" after being held in check against the Bengals with whatever scrub QB the Browns ran out there in their second meeting, I sort of gave up on any hope i had of the Bengals signing Pryor as a FA.

Hear me out.  

I understand Pryor has already been vocal about wanting to stay in Cleveland (that could be true or it could be a tactic to raise the offers, who knows?).  I also understand that he has only been a WR for one season and has shown some signs of immaturity.  His performance this year tailed off after a hot start when teams adjusted to take away his deep ball.  

I still want him.

I'm sure I will be accused of being a buckeye homer, among other things for this suggestion, but here is my rationale:

1.) The player-  He is a freak.  He is probably the fastest WR in the NFL right now in a 40 yard dash.  His vertical speed and height is unchallenged.  We know he can play WR, and he would be a perfect fit at "X" in our offense.  

2.) The scheme-  The fact that opposing defenses began to double him with over the top safety help reveals the problem with the Browns:  they had no other options.  Can you do that to Pryor with AJ green on the other side of the field?  Pryor and AJ stretching the field with Eifert, Sexy, and Boyd working underneath?  Yes, please.  What red zone troubles?

3.) The money- I don't see him getting anywhere near the money that people were originally claiming, but maybe an $8 million per year type of deal.  Give him Adam Jones's money....his release would almost cover that.    

4.) The future- Think about next year when Eifert is up....can you let him go and roll with Uzomah, Kroft, and (hopefully) Butt?  Maybe you can if AJ and Terrelle are drawing so much attention away from the center of the field.  

We know he can play the position in the NFL, and no draft pick can say that.  We know what AJ has to deal with every play, and we need someone to take attention away from him.  

I don't think that Pryor fits with the locker room chemistry of this team. I think he surpassed expectations at WR for sure. He is like a TE with WR speed.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I say we let Rex Burkhead walk and sign Pryor with the leftover money.

Just as long as we don't run double TE formations...   I'm good.

Tongue  I'm just playin' wit ya !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 12:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: After Adam Jones tirade about Terrelle Pryor being "garbage" after being held in check against the Bengals with whatever scrub QB the Browns ran out there in their second meeting, I sort of gave up on any hope i had of the Bengals signing Pryor as a FA.

Hear me out.  

I still want him.

I'd take desean Jackson even at 30 for the next 2-3 years.  Talk about a guy who can take it to the house on any play.  Haven't had a WR that electric since Peter Warrick.

And Pryor isn't close to the fastest WR. Odell, desean, tyreke hill, Julio just to name a few elite run after catch WR. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 03:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'd take desean Jackson even at 30 for the next 2-3 years.  Talk about a guy who can take it to the house on any play.  Haven't had a WR that electric since Peter Warrick.

And Pryor isn't close to the fastest WR. Odell, desean, tyreke hill, Julio just to name a few elite run after catch WR. 

From a MMQB article:

"Pryor has always had the physical makeup of a wideout: He’s 6'5", 250 pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds."

The receivers you mention may be faster in a short shuttle, but with pads on and with that length, I disagee with your statement about him not being close to the fastest.  I think he was clocked at 4.2 while still at OSU.  
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 06:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: From a MMQB article:

"Pryor has always had the physical makeup of a wideout: He’s 6'5", 250 pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds."

The receivers you mention may be faster in a short shuttle, but with pads on and with that length, I disagee with your statement about him not being close to the fastest.  I think he was clocked at 4.2 while still at OSU.  

Idk, maybe... I just never saw him breaking TDs or anything.  According to yards after catch he was one of the worst with 2.8ish. 

Also he only had 1 td in the last 10 weeks.  

He is a good athlete but I just see much more dynamic/explosive Wrs on game day. 

Plus Pryor seemed to be more interested in his stats and proving his doubters wrong than winning games. I would worry that if the ball wasn't going his way how he would act
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Idk, maybe... I just never saw him breaking TDs or anything.  According to yards after catch he was one of the worst with 2.8ish. 

He is a good athlete but I just see much more dynamic/explosive Wrs on game day. 

Plus Pryor seemed to be more interested in his stats and proving his doubters wrong than winning games. I would worry that if the ball wasn't going his way how he would act

Well he also plays for Cleveland so u already know ur not winning.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Idk, maybe... I just never saw him breaking TDs or anything.  According to yards after catch he was one of the worst with 2.8ish. 

Plus Pryor seemed to be more interested in his stats and proving his doubters wrong than winning games.  I would worry that if the ball wasn't going his way how he would act

He was the lone threat so he took a lot of the focus of the defense...that wouldn't happen with AJ Green on the field.  I know this is a long shot, but I think you could get top tier talent for a little less given that his numbers declined (QBs sucked) and that he is still relatively new to the position.  

I don't see any other weapon in FA that could create a more synergistic impact on the offense.  
Reply/Quote
He has already refused to play WR for us once, hasn't he?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 02:30 PM)McC Wrote: He has already refused to play WR for us once, hasn't he?

I'm not sure that was the case or not, but I think a smart GM could educate his agent that for Pryor to earn a nice second contract, he may want to consider playing across for someone who will draw double teams from him (AJ Green) and that he will ALWAYS be double-teamed in Cleveland.  Plus, there is this little thing about having a QB....
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 06:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: From a MMQB article:

Pryor is 250?

Damn how did he get that much muscle on him?

Sounds like a James Harrison transformation or somethin'. Roids?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pryor is 250?

He was 230-235 in college added about 15 pounds of muscle. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 03:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He was 230-235 in college added about 15 pounds of muscle. 
Currently listed at 6'4  223. That's a long ways from 250.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrelle_Pryor
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pryor is 250?

I didn't look at it that close, but I sure think that is incorrect.  I would guess around 225?
Reply/Quote

I dunno, looks pretty fast to me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 11:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

I dunno, looks pretty fast to me.

Perfect X receiver...and we could have him for less that what it would likely take to resign the slightly above average Zeitler...
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 07:55 AM)pulses Wrote: Currently listed at 6'4  223. That's a long ways from 250.

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

We do need speed at Receiver, i just doubt we go after him after we cut him and Adam and Dre called him garbage.

Not the best recruitment process. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Id switch him to QB in madden and just run with him

But helping the team at WR?

He could probably help. At the very least hed see a lot of deep 1 on 1 coverage being beside AJ. Those 2 would force teams to stay in 2 safety deep coverage most times and in THEORY guys like Eifert and slot WRs would greatly benefit.

But as we all know Bengals coaches seem to always find a way to kill their own advantages.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 07:55 AM)pulses Wrote: Currently listed at 6'4  223. That's a long ways from 250.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/10/nfl-terrelle-pryor-cleveland-browns-wide-receiver
Thsy list him at 250. Ur probably right but there seems to be a huge variation on him.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

We do need speed at Receiver, i just doubt we go after him after we cut him and Adam and Dre called him garbage.

Not the best recruitment process. Mellow

True, but I would rather have Pryor here than Adam Jones...and as I stated elsewhere, I think a wise GM could paint a much prettier picture of life here with Andy and AJ vs. a team that has been rebuilding for a decade or more.  

I would also cover the number of contracts the Browns terminated and never paid the largest portion of compared to the Bengals who paid Leon Hall 9 million as a slot CB at the end of his career when he was worth half that...
Reply/Quote