Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening, Just got mine in
I know there are some avid fellow gardeners in our midst, ArizonaBengal and Fredtoast pop into mind. I just finished planting mine today, and was wondering if others are similarly behind, what they planted, etc...

I went pretty tomato and hot pepper heavy this year, as I love salsa, and sauce, as well as making tomato juice. Even added another 8 by 8 section to the asparagus bed. Curious as to what everyone else planted and why?
Reply/Quote
Wish I could. The soil here is so full of clay I can't grow much. But I'm looking at a few windows boxes for spices.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm just doing deck stuff at the moment

I'm building planter boxes, around my deck, out back.. I have re-planted some hostas in a couple of the ones that are finished. No food type plants, but i plan on planting a flats worth of impatiens.
Maybe add in a few more perennials.
Reply/Quote
I tried to grow some blueberries and raspberries this year. I don't know anything about it though, so I don't even know when it's supposed to start producing fruit.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
FWIW, I don't think you're that late in planting. We have an unofficial rule here in KY: "Nothing before the Derby". We are just going with a few tomatoes and peppers this year. All are planted in buckets, that the wife can move as she sees fit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Here in Wisconsin are gardening season runs from Mid May tell late September or early October.
Reply/Quote
I have mine tilled but havent put any plants in yet. Hopefully have time this week.
Reply/Quote
I have mine all in. Just have a little 12x12 raised garden, but we can get quite a few plants in it. Went with potatoes, onions, radishes, kaliraby (sp), green peppers and 2 mounds of cucumbers. So far, with all this rain its coming along nicely. Even the weeds are plentiful!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I just like to sit on my patio and watch the hot neighbor lady do her gardening. Shorts, tank tops, and lots of bending over. Never knew gardening could be so satisfying.
Reply/Quote