Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Johnson Stuns Morning Joe Panel With a Blank Stare: ‘What Is Aleppo?’
(09-30-2016, 07:27 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I would agree with that.

However, he had a jump in poll numbers after the Aleppo exposure.
Perhaps he's pulling a Trump to get more exposure ?

I guess it's been noted that Jeb Bush has recommended that people vote for Johnson.
When questioned, his office said they would not deny the claim.
If he and Romney would just endorse him....
He's not making it terribly easy for them though.
Meh...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I agree with some of what he says, but I also agree with what my hippy dippy college friend Joe says.  Neither would make very good Presidents.

However if he's trying to appear LESS informed than Trump he's fighting a losing battle...again. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-30-2016, 07:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: I agree with some of what he says, but I also agree with what my hippy dippy college friend Joe says.  Neither would make very good Presidents.

However if he's trying to appear LESS informed than Trump he's fighting a losing battle...again. Smirk
LOL

I'm still happy with Gary Johnson.
Even with the goofs, it's small potatoes, compared to the laundry lists of the others.

(09-30-2016, 07:36 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: LOL

I'm still happy with Gary Johnson.
Even with the goofs, it's small potatoes, compared to the laundry lists of the others.

Yea, not being able to tell us his favorite foreign leader off the top of his head isn't a big deal compared to, say, me disagreeing with the foreign policy of a candidate. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This is again one of those situations where, were he a bit more quick witted, he could really turn this into a little guy versus the bullies type of thing. He (and Stein) are both in a position where they don't have the foreign policy advisors backing them up in the numbers that Clinton and Trump do. Using that gaffe to his advantage and mentioning that would be handy.

"Look, I spent time as a governor and in that position you deal a little, but very little in foreign policy as that power is constitutionally granted to the federal government. Now, I'm trying to learn more about this field but I don't have the benefit of a behemoth of a political party that is backed by billions in corporate money to help me out. I don't even get those daily intelligence briefings like my opponents. Were I to become President, I would have a staff and advisors with years of experience beyond that of even my opponents in the realm of foreign policy and they would help to guide me to the correct decisions. A President is one person, and what makes that person stronger is the people that surround them.

All of that being said, I respect every world leader, because diplomacy and foreign relations has to be built on mutual respect. I may not admire any of them for a number of reasons, including often policy disagreements, but that respect is a foundation which we must have to grow on."

Or something to that effect.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-30-2016, 09:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is again one of those situations where, were he a bit more quick witted, he could really turn this into a little guy versus the bullies type of thing. He (and Stein) are both in a position where they don't have the foreign policy advisors backing them up in the numbers that Clinton and Trump do. Using that gaffe to his advantage and mentioning that would be handy.

"Look, I spent time as a governor and in that position you deal a little, but very little in foreign policy as that power is constitutionally granted to the federal government. Now, I'm trying to learn more about this field but I don't have the benefit of a behemoth of a political party that is backed by billions in corporate money to help me out. I don't even get those daily intelligence briefings like my opponents. Were I to become President, I would have a staff and advisors with years of experience beyond that of even my opponents in the realm of foreign policy and they would help to guide me to the correct decisions. A President is one person, and what makes that person stronger is the people that surround them.

All of that being said, I respect every world leader, because diplomacy and foreign relations has to be built on mutual respect. I may not admire any of them for a number of reasons, including often policy disagreements, but that respect is a foundation which we must have to grow on."

Or something to that effect.

damn, you should become a political speech writer.  Gary Johnson is needing someone like you.    
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(09-30-2016, 09:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: damn, you should become a political speech writer.  Gary Johnson is needing someone like you.    

A political speech writer would make it sound better than I did. LOL

Public policy and administration is my jam, it's what I do, it's what I study. Because of that I tend to have a detailed idea of what our government, specifically the executive, should do. But it is often an unrealistic idea.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR