Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay pastor (allegedly) manufactures anti-gay incident
Not sure if anyone else has seen this story, but a pastor claimed whole Foods made him a cake with "Love Wins ***" written on it, the *** part not being requested. By looking at the cake you can see there is a difference in the piping and so that does call things into question. And now Whole Foods has released some evidence of their own as well. All of this not taking into account that the rumor is the associate that made the cake is gay himself. It's quite the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/20/whole-foods-countersues-gay-pastor-saying-he-faked-homophobic-slur-on-cake-it-sold-him/?tid=sm_fb

Quote:Anyone who has paid a visit to the Whole Foods flagship store in Austin, knows the location is the gem in the pricey grocery chain’s organic crown. As one reviewer once put it: “The 80,000-square-foot market, bar, eatery, makeup counter and pick-up joint (we suspect) makes our local branches look like the neighborhood 7-11.”

But one visitor to the Austin location says he was not so enthusiastic about a recent trip. An openly gay pastor in the city where Whole Foods was founded has filed a lawsuit against the chain, claiming it sold him a cake that read “Love Wins F-g.”

But commenters on social media wondered why the pastor didn’t immediately notice the anti-gay slur, accusing him of altering the cake, as did Whole Foods, which countersued, claiming that the pastor made “fraudulent” accusations.

In a video posted last week, Jordan Brown of Austin’s Church of Open Doors said he ordered a cake from Whole Foods meant to read “Love Wins” — a slogan associated with the movement to legalize same-sex marriage. But when he picked up the cake April 14, it had a quite different message, he said.

“When I got into my vehicle, I looked inside and saw they had wrote ‘Love Wins F-g’ on it,” Brown said, holding a receipt he said was from the cake. “You can see it nice and clear. Also, it is still in a sealed box. As you see, I have not opened up this box yet.”

Anyone on here knows my stance on same-sex marriage and how the Christian community deals with that. Things like this, they piss me off. If this pastor did manufacture this incident, and I'm on the side that thinks he did, then he does serious damage to the cause of anyone that has actually face and will actually face this type of hate. It exists, there is enough of it out there that doing something like this is just stupid.
(04-21-2016, 09:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has seen this story, but a pastor claimed whole Foods made him a cake with "Love Wins ***" written on it, the *** part not being requested. By looking at the cake you can see there is a difference in the piping and so that does call things into question. And now Whole Foods has released some evidence of their own as well. All of this not taking into account that the rumor is the associate that made the cake is gay himself. It's quite the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/20/whole-foods-countersues-gay-pastor-saying-he-faked-homophobic-slur-on-cake-it-sold-him/?tid=sm_fb

Anyone on here knows my stance on same-sex marriage and how the Christian community deals with that. Things like this, they piss me off. If this pastor did manufacture this incident, and I'm on the side that thinks he did, then he does serious damage to the cause of anyone that has actually face and will actually face this type of hate. It exists, there is enough of it out there that doing something like this is just stupid.

I was reading about this yesterday and have several friends who live in Austin (everyone who moves out of Los Angeles is legally obligated to move to Austin).  They all state it's 100% bullshit, no way it's true.  First off, the cake decorator happens to be gay.  Second there were direct instructions from the customer to leave the middle of the cake blank.  Third he didn't notice until he got to his car and then drove home with the cake anyways?  The first two are anecdotal, from friends, but I believe these "facts" will come out over time.  The third is a fact.  The guy made this shit up and I'm glad Whole Foods is counter-suing him already.
Agreed.
Quite sad.
(04-21-2016, 11:02 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First off, the cake decorator happens to be gay.  

I probably could have guessed that.

Lame attempt at humor aside: Why would someone do this? Was he looking for a settlement?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-21-2016, 11:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I probably could have guessed that.

Lame attempt at humor aside: Why would someone do this? Was he looking for a settlement?

Messiah Complex ?

That would be my guess.

I ask myself that with a lot of this hoax stuff. The only thing I can figure is notoriety. I think the article said he had recently moved there to pastor a church. Maybe he thought be being an outspoken gay black pastor it would bring in more people. But he just put gay black Christians back four or five years.
All I can say is he's lucky he's marrying a man. Can you imagine trying to pass that oversized cupcake off as a wedding cake to a woman?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-22-2016, 09:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: All I can say is he's lucky he's marrying a man.  Can you imagine trying to pass that oversized cupcake off as a wedding cake to a woman?

[Image: fP_XrIIHZ3Ah0sA5thcJBShtef1aKfyb2qV1phcv...3e32a85d73]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

None of this makes sense. First of all anyone else would have looked at the cake and seen the word before they even left the store. I don't even pick up a take out pizza without looking to make sure it is the correct order before I leave. the fact that the top of the box was clear plastic makes it even more ridiculous to believe.

Also Whole Foods is a hippy haven full of liberals. I think they would be the last place to have an employee write something offensive like that on a cake.

Finally no one who works in the store could possibly think they could get away with something like that. 99% of the time the person picking up the cake would complain before he left the store and the employee would be fired immediately.
Also the guy in the video looks high as hell.

"I am here in. . . uh, . . Austin Texas."
(04-26-2016, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of this makes sense.  First of all anyone else would have looked at the cake and seen the word before they even left the store.  I don't even pick up a take out pizza without looking to make sure it is the correct order before I leave.  the fact that the top of the box was clear plastic makes it even more ridiculous to believe.

Also Whole Foods is a hippy haven full of liberals.  I think they would be the last place to have an employee write something offensive like that on a cake.

Finally no one who works in the store could possibly think they could get away with something like that.  99% of the time the person picking up the cake would complain before he left the store and the employee would be fired immediately.

All of the above but especially the part where nobody would think they could get away with it.  Who would bank on someone not seeing the giant word right in the middle of the cake?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall