Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General thoughts on round 1
The first few picks went as planned. I bought the Mac jones to San Fran hype, but I thought they made the right pick.
I was surprised Dallas and Philadelphia made an intra division trade.
Half expected to see Aaron Rodgers dealt. Speaking of packers, no first round pick on offense to appease him.
Most mock draft sites had jamin Davis criminally under valued.
I was somewhat surprised the saints took an edge rusher given all the trade up talk for a CB. This was also the pick that made me wince as I was hoping he fell to us at 38.
I am surprised barmore and koramorah didn't go in 1

Torn on edge rusher and oline in 2. My hope I think is Teven Jenkins. Perkins or basham possibly if he's gone. Then spencer brown in 3 and maybe trade up for a guard.

What you got?

And leave the Sewell commentary elsewhere. There are several threads where has been discussed ad nauseum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:13 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The first few picks went as planned.  I bought the Mac jones to San Fran hype, but I thought they made the right pick.
Half expected to see Aaron Rodgers dealt.  Speaking of packers, no first round pick on offense to appease him.
I was somewhat surprised the saints took an edge rusher given all the trade up talk for a CB.  This was also the pick that made me wince as I was hoping he fell to us at 38.

Torn on edge rusher and oline in 2.  My hope I think is Teven Jenkins.  Perkins or basham possibly if he's gone.  Then spencer brown in 3 and maybe trade up for a guard.

What you got?

And leave the Sewell commentary elsewhere.  There are several threads where has been discussed ad nauseum.

I want two OL in the next 3 picks.

One of these scenarios
BPA OL OL
OL BPA OL
OL OL BPA 

Regardless I want BPA at the bottom of the draft (who doesn't?).  If BPA crosses with OL in there, then all the better.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:17 AM)Stewy Wrote: I want two OL in the next 3 picks.

One of these scenarios
BPA OL OL
OL BPA OL
OL OL BPA 

Regardless I want BPA at the bottom of the draft (who doesn't?).  If BPA crosses with OL in there, then all the better.

OL
DL
The GUT!!!!!!! lol

I didnt watch the whole thing.. Only real big reach seems to be the raiders.. no sure Mayok as a GM is the best thing.

also Trevor Lawrence is the Devil (in mama Boucher voice)
Reply/Quote
If we dont take O line with the next 6 picks Burrow will die.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: If we dont take O line with the next 6 picks Burrow will die.

Cool

Preach on brother Beaker!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: If we dont take O line with the next 6 picks Burrow will die.

Cool

Just gotta draft more QBs
Reply/Quote
I feel SO bad for Rodgers. Dude is an elite QB and his FO has neglected his weapons for year after year. They already drafted his replacement instead of going all in and giving him what he needs for one last run or 2. They’re already living in a post Rodgers world but he’s stuck there for his last few years when he may still have a chance at another SB with the right team.

He needs an Elway type GM that’s willing to capitalize on his remaining window and go all in.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:27 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I feel SO bad for Rodgers. Dude is an elite QB and his FO has neglected his weapons for year after year. They already drafted his replacement instead of going all in and giving him what he needs for one last run or 2. They’re already living in a post Rodgers world but he’s stuck there for his last few years when he may still have a chance at another SB with the right team.

He needs an Elway type GM that’s willing to capitalize on his remaining window and go all in.

sounds a lot like the reason Brady left NE
Reply/Quote
Broncos trade Lock to Minnesota, and then get Rodgers from GB. Have Bridgewater as his backup.
Reply/Quote
Cant say I've ever seen a first round with no DT's chosen. It was forecasted this way, but still rare.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:27 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I feel SO bad for Rodgers. Dude is an elite QB and his FO has neglected his weapons for year after year. They already drafted his replacement instead of going all in and giving him what he needs for one last run or 2. They’re already living in a post Rodgers world but he’s stuck there for his last few years when he may still have a chance at another SB with the right team.

He has one of  the best offensive line, one of the best  running games, and has a top 5 WR in devonte Adams. He also has always been handsomely paid by the Packers. The guy doesn't have anything to really ***** about.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The 2021 NFL Draft was like waking up 4 hours early, to drive 9 hours across the country for an exciting, "once-in-life" hot party, and when you get there, the party was moved back 24 hours...twice. NFL draft process slowly drained my soul like a Wraith.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:13 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The first few picks went as planned.  I bought the Mac jones to San Fran hype, but I thought they made the right pick.
Half expected to see Aaron Rodgers dealt.  Speaking of packers, no first round pick on offense to appease him.
I was somewhat surprised the saints took an edge rusher given all the trade up talk for a CB.  This was also the pick that made me wince as I was hoping he fell to us at 38.

Torn on edge rusher and oline in 2.  My hope I think is Teven Jenkins.  Perkins or basham possibly if he's gone.  Then spencer brown in 3 and maybe trade up for a guard.

What you got?

And leave the Sewell commentary elsewhere.  There are several threads where has been discussed ad nauseum.

Some selections that surprised me:
- Leatherwood to Raiders
- Jamin Davis to WFT
- Payton Turner to NO

Teven Jenkins is my target for 38 if there. If not, Cosmi, Radunz, Eichenberg in that order.
The only DL I'd consider at 38 at this point is probably Barmore. Otherwise, I'm waiting until Rd 3 or 4 for a DL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:37 AM)J24 Wrote: He has one of  the best offensive line, one of the best  running games, and has a top 5 WR in devonte Adams. He also has always been handsomely paid by the Packers. The guy doesn't have anything to really ***** about.

Eh, drafting Jordan Love in the first round was about as dumb as it gets. That pick could have been Tee Higgins. Imagine Rodgers having him and Adams...

Not going all in when you have a HoF QB still playing at an MVP level is unforgivable.

Reply/Quote
The only thing I can think of as a reason for passing on Jenkins would be that he is more of a strictly RT. They may want one of the other guys who could play both tackle positions in case Williams doesnt pan out or injuries hit again.
Reply/Quote
I am amazed how much some teams gave up to move up. Especially when the Eagles jumped the Giants to take a WR. Gave up an awful lot. Jets gave up a lot to move up as well. I think these teams will not win long term because when you continually give up draft picks, you have to hit on more (almost all) and I just don't see them doing that.
Reply/Quote

Why feel bad for Rodgers?

-He had the best OL in the league last year.
-He had the 8th best running game in the league last year. 
-He had an All-Pro WR in Davante Adams.
-He had the #1 scoring offense last year.
-He had the 9th overall/13th scoring defense last year.

How many more elite weapons do you need to add to the 1st scoring offense? Feeling bad for Rodgers is a waste of time. (He also just seems like a turd of a human.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am amazed how much some teams gave up to move up.  Especially when the Eagles jumped the Giants to take a WR.  Gave up an awful lot.  Jets gave up a lot to move up as well.  I think these teams will not win long term because when you continually give up draft picks, you have to hit on more (almost all) and I just don't see them doing that.

Or you could just stay put like the Bengals always do and consistently put a winner on the fie.....

Sorry, couldnt get all the way through that without laughing so hard I couldnt type.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, drafting Jordan Love in the first round was about as dumb as it gets. That pick could have been Tee Higgins. Imagine Rodgers having him and Adams...

Not going all in when you have a HoF QB still playing at an MVP level is unforgivable.

Drafting a QB prospect who you think will be an elite player in the near future when you have a 37 year old QB is stupid? Every NFL team would have done the same damn thing if given a chance. He'll it worked out for the Packers when they did it with Aaron in 2005!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

What you got?

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is a guy I haven't watched much of, but the fact that he's fell is kinda shocking. I think it's probably a moot point, but if he fell to us I'd have think about it.

He is a guy that is all over the field when he plays and he's a guy that can make a huge impact in this division against guys like L. Jackson.

I don't think he'll make it to us and with such a need at OL it'd be hard to pass one up, but man I wasn't expecting him to be there.

He's small, but his play reminds me a lot of Jessie Bates where he has a non-stop motor.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote