Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General thoughts on round 1
(04-30-2021, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, drafting Jordan Love in the first round was about as dumb as it gets. That pick could have been Tee Higgins. Imagine Rodgers having him and Adams...

Not going all in when you have a HoF QB still playing at an MVP level is unforgivable.

U mean like bringing Rogers when Favre was still there
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:50 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U mean like bringing Rogers when Favre was still there

seems to have worked out for them in the long run
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:13 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The first few picks went as planned.  I bought the Mac jones to San Fran hype, but I thought they made the right pick.
I was surprised Dallas and Philadelphia made an intra division trade.
Half expected to see Aaron Rodgers dealt.  Speaking of packers, no first round pick on offense to appease him.
Most mock draft sites had jamin Davis criminally under valued.
I was somewhat surprised the saints took an edge rusher given all the trade up talk for a CB.  This was also the pick that made me wince as I was hoping he fell to us at 38.
I am surprised barmore and koramorah didn't go in 1

Torn on edge rusher and oline in 2.  My hope I think is Teven Jenkins.  Perkins or basham possibly if he's gone.  Then spencer brown in 3 and maybe trade up for a guard.

What you got?

And leave the Sewell commentary elsewhere.  There are several threads where has been discussed ad nauseum.

Well I only watched the first 12 picks than drank brewskies with my Paps. Thought the Trey Lance pick was a smart one
and evidently Waddle is looking good after his injury to be taken ahead of Davonte Davis. Love the Chase pick as he is the
one MADE for the AFC North with chemistry with Burrow and with the quicks and gifts to just get open that we desperately
need. Thought he would be the pick.

Surprised as well that Koramorah didn't go in 1. Think he is the best LB in this class. Better than Parsons even.

OL is my call, who all were taken in round 1 besides Sewell and Slater?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I only watched the first 12 picks than drank brewskies with my Paps. Thought the Trey Lance pick was a smart one
and evidently Waddle is looking good after his injury to be taken ahead of Davonte Davis. Love the Chase pick as he is the
one MADE for the AFC North with chemistry with Burrow and with the quicks and gifts to just get open that we desperately
need. Thought he would be the pick.

Surprised as well that Koramorah didn't go in 1. Think he is the best LB in this class. Better than Parsons even.

OL is my call, who all were taken in round 1 besides Sewell and Slater?

Darrisaw went to Minnesota. Don’t recall the exact spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Darrisaw went to Minnesota.  Don’t recall the exact spot

Thanks, thought he would go round 1 myself along with Vera-Tucker.

Just saw Sled's thread about the OL left, man we are in a great spot to land some great Lineman. Just stacked.

We made the right pick with this OL depth IMO.
Reply/Quote
I think I would like them to get Eichenberg in the 2 round. He could play G then maybe take over for Reiff after he leaves.

Let’s talk about the biggest surprise of the first round - Darius Rucker (Hootie) at Trevor Lawrence’s draft party.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, thought he would go round 1 myself along with Vera-Tucker.

Just saw Sled's thread about the OL left, man we are in a great spot to land some great Lineman. Just stacked.

We made the right pick with this OL depth IMO.

The draft fell perfectly for us. The late run on edge and corner was big. I think maybe we should trade with the jags and grab Jenkins.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Darrisaw went to Minnesota.  Don’t recall the exact spot

after trading back they were apparently trying to move up a few spots to get him and he fell in their laps...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:47 PM)northernbengal Wrote: The draft fell perfectly for us. The late run on edge and corner was big. I think maybe we should trade with the jags and grab Jenkins.

Not against it. Would rather keep our picks and get him or the many other good OL that will be available so we can pick 
another one later. Creed Humphrey is who I want the most the closer we get to picking. Would even be for trading up for
him that is how much I like the guy. 
Reply/Quote