Poll: Who will fail to be the "Generational Talent", that hey are touted to be?
This poll is closed.
Pitts
38.24%
13 38.24%
Chase
20.59%
7 20.59%
Sewell
41.18%
14 41.18%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generational Talent? Is he really?
(04-02-2021, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pitts, simply because it's harder for TEs to stay healthy for a long career.

yep.

I dont have faith that Pitts will last long at a high level
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: In light of this thread - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-have-you-been-most-wrong-on

It got me thinking how often we are SO SURE, but oops were wrong.

In various threads, either people here or quoted "experts" have used the phrase Generational Talent to describe one of the three:

Pitts - good but not spectacular production
Chase - one year
Sewell - one year

Not everyone or every time, but it's a phrase that's been used for all three.  We get over hyped by a player and their measurables.  History tells us that at least one and maybe all three won't live up to the hype or might down right bust.  If you say differently you're lying to yourself because it happens.  Because to be that guy you need the ENTIRE package.  Head, heart, talent, work ethic, intelligence, attitude, spirit.  And we cannot know if any of the above have all those things because we can't know their heads and hearts.

So based upon what you know and assuming one or all three may bust.  Pick your poison.  There is no none of the above option.  You must pick at least one.

You know me Stewy, I like Kyle Pitts as long as he is used as a WR more than a TE.

Love all these guys though. All I hope are great pros.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s where I’m at. Not only is he a huge target for the QB. He is a huge target for LBs and Safeties coming with bad intentions.

And for NFL defenses it’s probably best if you don’t have to worry about covering the guy.

Huge target as a TE or WR? 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Huge target as a TE or WR? 

Both. Give Defense's fits man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s where I’m at. Not only is he a huge target for the QB. He is a huge target for LBs and Safeties coming with bad intentions.

And for NFL defenses it’s probably best if you don’t have to worry about covering the guy.

And like defenses learned with Gronk, you can't hit him high, you have to cut his legs out. I'm actually amazed that Gronk can still walk with the way his knees get hit on tackles at times.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 01:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah I think it is safe to rule Pitts out of the bust discussion. If one of the players is going to bust it'll be Chase or Sewell since neither has much experience. 

Doing drills is nice... and gets message boards and twitter all excited, but that is in shorts. What you need is two or three good years of tape to see growth and development. In that area, Pitts wins.

Also, since it is nearly certain Chase is going to the Bengals at 5, his odds to be injured or bust have to increase dramatically... cause... Bengals.

Don't rule Pitts out as a bust possibility just yet...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Reality is, it is all a crap shoot. How many 1st round picks had all the measurables, yet failed miserably or had mediocre careers in the NFL. Sewell is a question mark. Chase is a question mark. Pitts is a question mark. They may all be great, they may all be 1st round busts. Simple as that.

Not only that but coaching plays a fair impact on success too.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2021, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't rule Pitts out as a bust possibility just yet...

Yeah, Kellen Winslow Jr just said, hold my beer....
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 12:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, Kellen Winslow Jr just said, hold my beer....

Hall of Fame dad, Hall of Shame personality.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote