Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno
(06-06-2021, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way Geno is coming back here.

Last year Tyler Dragon reported that Geno was upset with the defensive coaches and philosophy.  Of course Geno is the ultimate pro and would never say anything like that officially to the media, but I think Pacman hit the nail on the head when he called out the Bengals defensive coaches for "Lining up the best 3T DT in the league directly over the center every snap".

If Geno is healthy he will do like Dunlap and play for coaches that know how to properly use his skills.

I hate to hear this. No doubt you are correct.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Geno should have been a"man" and cried on social media....amiright

Dunlap never "cried".  All he ever did was tell the truth about how he could still be very effective if used properly by the coaches.

All the "crying" was from Bengal fans who refused to believe him but then finally had to admit it.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Where ever Geno ends up i hope its with a Contender.

Second this, the guy deserves a chance to go out a winner and that isn't going to happen here for at least a few more seasons.

Be nice to see him sign with the Rams, and get back with Whit and be playing next to Donald. With Stafford under center that team could really make a run.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 02:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Second this, the guy deserves a chance to go out a winner and that isn't going to happen here for at least a few more seasons.

Be nice to see him sign with the Rams, and get back with Whit and be playing next to Donald. With Stafford under center that team could really make a run.

always wanted to see him next to Donald...  poor QBs
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap never "cried".  All he ever did was tell the truth about how he could still be very effective if used properly by the coaches.

All the "crying" was from Bengal fans who refused to believe him but then finally had to admit it.

Dunlap didn't like that when he played poorly that the coaches didn't list him as a starter. That was the crying part.

I don't like Lou at all but Carlos over pursued tons last season and it resulted in big runs a lot.

If you are a player in the NFL you just don't talk on social media unless it is positive, basic.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 09:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dunlap didn't like that when he played poorly that the coaches didn't list him as a starter. That was the crying part.

I don't like Lou at all but Carlos over pursued tons last season and it resulted in big runs a lot.

If you are a player in the NFL you just don't talk on social media unless it is positive, basic.

Exactly! I lost count of how many times he tried to go around and was pushed deep, opening up his lane for huge gains, instead of shutting down his lane. We had a scheme, he refused to play within it. Not a team player. Then he posts the depth chart on social media and whined like a little girl. Good riddance. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 09:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like Lou at all but Carlos over pursued tons last season and it resulted in big runs a lot.
(06-30-2021, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly! I lost count of how many times he tried to go around and was pushed deep, opening up his lane for huge gains, instead of shutting down his lane.

Total BS.  

In the 7 games Dunlap played for the Bengals there were only 5 running plays of 10+ yards in Dunlaps direction and overall our run defense was much WORSE after Dunlap left

without Dunlap........  159.4 yards per game, 
with Dunlap.............. 133.3 yards per game, 

Meanwhile the Seahawks rush defense got BETTER with Dunlap

Without Dunlap.........  102.1 yards per game
With Dunlap..............   90.4 yards per game
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total BS.  

In the 7 games Dunlap played for the Bengals there were only 5 running plays of 10+ yards in Dunlaps direction and overall our run defense was much WORSE after Dunlap left

Carlos only played 27% of the defensive snaps here and 26% in of them in Seattle.  I don't think he made that big of a statistical difference in either team's run defense #'s due to him being on the field so little and primarily on passing downs in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Carlos only played 27% of the defensive snaps here and 26% in of them in Seattle.  I don't think he made that big of a statistical difference in either team's run defense #'s due to him being on the field so little and primarily on passing downs in Seattle.

You are not looking at those numbers correctly.  Dunlap played 27% of the defensive snaps for the Bengals ENTIRE SEASON despite just being here 7 games.  In those 7 games he played 59% of the defensive snaps.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total BS.  

Total BS.

This is where watching the games and looking at stats divide the people.

I have always wondered how you just base everything off of statistics and nothing about actual play on the field...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly! I lost count of how many times he tried to go around and was pushed deep, opening up his lane for huge gains, instead of shutting down his lane. We had a scheme, he refused to play within it. Not a team player. Then he posts the depth chart on social media and whined like a little girl. Good riddance. 

Yep, loved Carlos when he had his head on straight. He was a great disruptive End for us but last year he over pursued and went 
all cry baby on social media. Hope Seattle brings him around but good luck with that. Seattle blowz, even Russell wants out.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Total BS.

This is where watching the games and looking at stats divide the people.

I have always wondered how you just base everything off of statistics and nothing about actual play on the field...

Probably cuz the guy himself has never played a down of actual high level football in his life
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 06:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Probably cuz the guy himself has never played a down of actual high level football in his life

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have always wondered how you just base everything off of statistics and nothing about actual play on the field...

My comments were about actual play on the field. 

I just post something to back up my arguments while you don't.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap never "cried".  All he ever did was tell the truth about how he could still be very effective if used properly by the coaches.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cry

Quote:to utter loudly : SHOUT

He cried "Wait!" but it was too late.
2archaic : BEG, BESEECH
3: to proclaim publicly : ADVERTISE
cry their wares

We decided to use Carlos in a non-starting role. He cried, went to Seattle, and was used in a non-starting role. 

But if Geno had issues and didn't air them on social media then he's "not a man"..amiright? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 06:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Probably cuz the guy himself has never played a down of actual high level football in his life

(07-04-2021, 06:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ThumbsUp

Fred actually did play at the NCAA level for... 2 years was it? And was it at LB or S?

Can't remember, but he's mentioned it a few times, throughout the years.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't want to pay him a lot, but, if he comes on a team friendly deal (maybe with bonuses for play), if he's completely healthy, I'd actually bring him back as a rotational guy at the 3-technique on passing downs.

He has the motor and ability, which you can't teach, so let him come here and just wreak havoc.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Total BS.

This is where watching the games
and looking at stats divide the people.

FYI: Fred doesn't watch the games, at least not the majority of them.  He's admitted as much. (He saw 2 games last year)  That's why he's obsessed with numbers; he has nothing else to go on.

That fantstic play where Burrow scambled for like 7 seconds, escaped a couple of tackles and fired a dart before getting hit again. right to the sidelne that just didn't get caught in bounds?  Fred didn't see that.  He sees only a simple incompletion.

There's obviously tons of examples of this (where you have to actually see the play to understand what actually happened).  So yeah, you're 100% right; watching the games matter... a LOT.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2021, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: FYI: Fred doesn't watch the games, at least not the majority of them.  He's admitted as much. (He saw 2 games last year)  That's why he's obsessed with numbers; he has nothing else to go on.

That fantstic play where Burrow scambled for like 7 seconds, escaped a couple of tackles and fired a dart before getting hit again. right to the sidelne that just didn't get caught in bounds?  Fred didn't see that.  He sees only a simple incompletion.

There's obviously tons of examples of this (where you have to actually see the play to understand what actually happened).  So yeah, you're 100% right; watching the games matter... a LOT.

Stats are as important as the "eyeball test". Although there are outlier plays; stats are more often than not,a true indicator.

The issue comes when folks use stats like a drunk uses a light post...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

When the hell did this start becoming a thing on this board? I don't recall seeing anything like this in the past and then suddenly this offseason this is at least the third time I have... and it's kind of a shithead way to go about message boarding.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote